RS R11S - thinking to buy it (shall I wait for v12?)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Rising Night Wave

15 Jul 2020

Hi.

When will Reason Suite 12 be released?
I am asking this because I am thinking to buy Reason 11 Suite upgrade BOXed version (for cca. 235€) but do not know if I shall wait for v12 or go for the buy of v11. If v12 will be released soon then I would wait. If no, then I would go to buy v11.

So when will be v12 released? Are there any rumours/speculations/expectations?
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Rackman

15 Jul 2020

Personally I wouldn't put any money into Reason or Rack Extensions. Though many will object, Reason has been on a downward trajectory for many years now, with a smaller and smaller user base as people move to other DAWs. It was bought out by some VC a couple of years back and they are looking to make a quick buck and sell it, so that is what is guiding all decisions now. Also remember that every penny you spend on REs is invested forever. The license means you can never sell them or recoup your investment in any way. That alone is what has kept many users locked in when they would have jumped ship. If you like the modular aspect, look at VCV which does it so much better. If you want a modern DAW then this isn't it.

NDKay

15 Jul 2020

take a look here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7517479&hilit=Reason+Update+Cycle

I would say 12 wont come this year.... Maybe around Fall next year.

There just had been discounts on R11Suite . A not Boxed version for around 180$ at JRRshop. Its over now..... but if you dont REALLY have a "reason" for upgrading now i would "advice" to wait for the next sale. Black Friday will come for sure ;-)
This is a SmartAss. Really nothing more than that !

motuscott

15 Jul 2020

Don't postpone joy if you've got the shekels
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

antic604

15 Jul 2020

Rising Night Wave wrote:
15 Jul 2020
I am asking this because I am thinking to buy Reason 11 Suite upgrade BOXed version (for cca. 235€) but do not know if I shall wait for v12 or go for the buy of v11. If v12 will be released soon then I would wait. If no, then I would go to buy v11.
The question is from which Reason version you'll be upgrading and how many of the included REs you already have. I wouldn't expect 12 sooner than very end of this year (and that's very optimistic, IMO*), so you can have good 5-6 months ahead of you using all the new stuff :)

* I think 12 won't be out soon, because I expect it to include GUI overhaul, i.e. GPU acceleration, high-res assets + hopefully some workflow / sequencer stuff. But obviously I can be completely wrong :)
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Biolumin3sc3nt

15 Jul 2020

motuscott wrote:
15 Jul 2020
Don't postpone joy if you've got the shekels
Times a thousand.

Covid-19 aside, "Should I ask that cute Chick out for coffee while I only have 2 cents in My pocket, or wait a few months when I can take Her out to Red Lobster?"

Edit: What I was getting at is time is short; I should take My own advice

GRIFTY

17 Jul 2020

I gotta agree with Rackman: you should either wait for 12 or give up on Reason.

• Information