Balance may be a “dead product” but it’s still an Ignition Key. Right?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2020

This has been done before but why can’t Reason 11 be authorized on Balance. Yep...I hear you. “It’s a dead product “you say (over and over and over again) but...it says in the manual it’s an Ignition Key. If I can Authorize Reason 11 on an IK then why can’t I Authorize it on my Balance? I don’t need any support for the product, my Reason 10 license sits there nicely, my Balance isn’t broken so why did RS remove the ability to use my IK in Balance? Balance may be a dead product but the Ignition Key is not. (Yet).
Attachments
583A44CF-B311-4105-B814-91F7CF350BE7.png
583A44CF-B311-4105-B814-91F7CF350BE7.png (338.41 KiB) Viewed 3595 times
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

earwig83

07 Jul 2020

If you install reason 11, it will no longer work as a key but can still work as a sound card.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Jul 2020

earwig83 wrote:
07 Jul 2020
If you install reason 11, it will no longer work as a key but can still work as a sound card.
I know. I can’t understand why they took away the ability to use it as a key when the function remains the same and the option is still available for previous versions. It still is a code meter and was advertised as such.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

kinkujin

07 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
07 Jul 2020
earwig83 wrote:
07 Jul 2020
I know. I can’t understand why they took away the ability to use it as a key when the function remains the same and the option is still available for previous versions. It still is a code meter and was advertised as such.
Yes, weird and why remove such an authorize function to those that purchased it? Me being one. I still use mine.

How about those old usb keys? Do they still work? I have one in a box from Reason "RECORD" that I got in an ebay bundle.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Jul 2020

kinkujin wrote:
07 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
07 Jul 2020

Yes, weird and why remove such an authorize function to those that purchased it? Me being one. I still use mine.

How about those old usb keys? Do they still work? I have one in a box from Reason "RECORD" that I got in an ebay bundle.
Yeah...they still work. I just authorized the Reason Lite 11.3.1 on mine and tried loading up the RRP in another DAW. Worked a treat. No online verification. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

kinkujin

07 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
07 Jul 2020
kinkujin wrote:
07 Jul 2020

Yeah...they still work. I just authorized the Reason Lite 11.3.1 on mine and tried loading up the RRP in another DAW. Worked a treat. No online verification. :)
Great. Thank you!

dannyF

07 Jul 2020

I don't know why some people continue to promulgate the designation 'dead product'.

In most english speaking countries we would say something more like "discontinued product" or even "End of life" ( not as common ) ..... I've not heard the term "dead product" outside of this forum.

I would be willing to offer some basic counselling services in how to use english correctly. ;)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Jul 2020

dannyF wrote:
07 Jul 2020
I don't know why some people continue to promulgate the designation 'dead product'.

In most english speaking countries we would say something more like "discontinued product" or even "End of life" ( not as common ) ..... I've not heard the term "dead product" outside of this forum.

I would be willing to offer some basic counselling services in how to use english correctly. ;)
Good. I’m sick of it too. Start with Enoch Light. It’s his favourite term. Count the times.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dannyF

07 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
07 Jul 2020
dannyF wrote:
07 Jul 2020

Good. I’m sick of it too. Start with Enoch Light. It’s his favourite term. Count the times.
LOL..... I mentioned before I do not think English is his first language.... though he tried to deny it or laughs it off. I see now why you made the reference in quotations. He's being stubborn about his misuse of english for laughs or for trolling this forum.

Skimrok

07 Jul 2020

dead right :D
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

fullforce

07 Jul 2020

It's not supported anymore so if it doesn't work you will not get any help from PH. I mean RS.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Jul 2020

fullforce wrote:
07 Jul 2020
It's not supported anymore so if it doesn't work you will not get any help from PH. I mean RS.
Yep. I know Enoch :) (hahaha)
But Ignition Keys are still supported and it says in black and white in the manual that it’s an Ignition Key.
But they do whatever they want. You’re right on that.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dannyF

07 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
06 Jul 2020
This has been done before but why can’t Reason 11 be authorized on Balance. Yep...I hear you. “It’s a dead product “you say (over and over and over again) but...it says in the manual it’s an Ignition Key. If I can Authorize Reason 11 on an IK then why can’t I Authorize it on my Balance? I don’t need any support for the product, my Reason 10 license sits there nicely, my Balance isn’t broken so why did RS remove the ability to use my IK in Balance? Balance may be a dead product but the Ignition Key is not. (Yet).
is this from the latest manual?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Jul 2020

dannyF wrote:
07 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
06 Jul 2020
is this from the latest manual?
It’s from the only manual.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

gullum

07 Jul 2020

dannyF wrote:
07 Jul 2020

it's reasontalk forum so hold back on English lessons :D there are a few billion people that don't have English as their first language, just be happy that we can still communicate in a way that mostly English-speaking people do understand and you don't need to learn a second language :thumbs_up:

fullforce

07 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
07 Jul 2020
Actually, they took this part offline from the website after I pointed it out and asked for a free ignition key to compensate. They gave me a free ignition key.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Jul 2020

fullforce wrote:
07 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
07 Jul 2020
Actually, they took this part offline from the website after I pointed it out and asked for a free ignition key to compensate. They gave me a free ignition key.
How long ago? The manual is still there on their website.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

fullforce

07 Jul 2020

gullum wrote:
07 Jul 2020
it's reasontalk forum so hold back on English lessons :D there are a few billion people that don't have English as their first language, just be happy that we can still communicate in a way that mostly English-speaking people do understand and you don't need to learn a second language :thumbs_up:
My native language is not English but I'm pretty sure that Enoch's is.

dannyF

07 Jul 2020

gullum wrote:
07 Jul 2020
oh I totally get what you are saying and agree.

There's also a difference when people try to help someone communicate....you know, try to help them to learn what better words can be used and the eagerness of the learner ( or lack of eagerness ) to take on the new information to improve their communication skills. In this case we have a user who remains seemingly obstinate to any suggestion to help improve his word choice.

"Dead product" is simply the wrong term and most english speakers would be slightly confused at this.

A product cannot be 'dead' because it was never alive. So it doesn't work in the literal sense either.

Bigsby

07 Jul 2020

Wow. I'm using R10 with Balance. I've been holding out for a $99 sale for the upgrade, but I'll have to think twice if it's going to break the built-in Ignition Key.

Balance has been wonky on and off with some recent Windows updates, so it might be time to finally start thinking about saying goodbye. I tend to stay with old tech until it stops working or there's some other compelling reason to change. I'm still using a midiman Oxygen 8.

I wish they would give away the Balance driver source code. It's a cool little device! Too bad it was destined to become a lonely orphan.

Proboscis

08 Jul 2020

" Hey Hey, here's another 'fuck you' from Propellerhead ! Thanks for your support over the years, dear customer ! Have some Rewards points on us ! "

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Jul 2020

Proboscis wrote:
08 Jul 2020
" Hey Hey, here's another 'fuck you' from Propellerhead ! Thanks for your support over the years, dear customer ! Have some Rewards points on us ! "
Best bit about it is that they put all the prices up by €10 before giving us the points.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2020

Yep...got a reply from RS (lucky me). Balance is a dead product blah blah blah. You will get no support here not now not ever and we don't actually give a fuck that it's described as being an ignition key as you are just another in the long line of idiots we sold it to before discontinuing it after just a couple of years. We will not send you a USB stick as compensation but we can offer advice on a good tissue paper you can use to dry your eyes. Should you be interested please contact support again and we'll probably just close the ticket without even acknowledging it. Thanks and all the best from the RS Team.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dannyF

10 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
10 Jul 2020
Yep...got a reply from RS (lucky me). Balance is a dead product blah blah blah. You will get no support here not now not ever and we don't actually give a fuck that it's described as being an ignition key as you are just another in the long line of idiots we sold it to before discontinuing it after just a couple of years. We will not send you a USB stick as compensation but we can offer advice on a good tissue paper you can use to dry your eyes. Should you be interested please contact support again and we'll probably just close the ticket without even acknowledging it. Thanks and all the best from the RS Team.
Hence my icon.

From what I've seen of RS so far I am not impressed.

Been asking for folder tracks in sequencer since 2008.

I don't take kindly having my reasonable requests totally ignored and silly apps being given priority.

EnochLight

10 Jul 2020

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information