Purchased Reason 11 upgrade twice. What can I do?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
nicedevill

25 Sep 2019

Update: The issue has been resolved now and refunds for duplicate orders are commencing.

Hi,

I'm not sure if this belongs in here, feel free to move the thread appropriately.

Today I purchased Reason 11 Suite upgrade twice. First time there was some error at the end of the payment process, but it seems transaction got through... which I didn't know because I repeated the process and now I have 2 Reason 11 Suite upgrades. What can I do to rectify this? Still not used to the new site... #propellerheads4life

Thank you in advance!
Last edited by nicedevill on 27 Sep 2019, edited 2 times in total.

PhillipOrdonez

25 Sep 2019

Contact support

guitfnky

25 Sep 2019

yeah, they should be able to set you straight. they seem to be having lots of issues with the new site, still.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

nicedevill

25 Sep 2019

Thanks for answers. I opened a ticket regarding this issue, found it in the Account section. Fingers crossed!

Deep Schulzz

25 Sep 2019

nicedevill wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Hi,

I'm not sure if this belongs in here, feel free to move the thread appropriately.

Today I purchased Reason 11 Suite upgrade twice. First time there was some error at the end of the payment process, but it seems transaction got through... which I didn't know because I repeated the process and now I have 2 Reason 11 Suite upgrades. What can I do to rectify this? Still not used to the new site... #propellerheads4life

Thank you in advance!
Exactly the same here. I tried 3 time to purchase the 129 Upgrade, got 3 error messages & thought "try it later again". Now I have three R 11 Upgrade licences paid via PayPal (= 387 Euros) on my account what is complete bullshit. Contacted the support. .....argh......

BananaSkins

25 Sep 2019

Deep Schulzz wrote:
25 Sep 2019
nicedevill wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Hi,

Thank you in advance!
Exactly the same here. I tried 3 time to purchase the 129 Upgrade, got 3 error messages & thought "try it later again". Now I have three R 11 Upgrade licences paid via PayPal (= 387 Euros) on my account what is complete bullshit. Contacted the support. .....argh......

WOW That's a bummer, glad I'm not rushing in to buy or upgrade; with the new release and new website design it sounds like there's a lot of SXXT hitting the fan at the moment!
They should have sorted out the NEW website first before releasing any update or release I.M.O

Good luck with your inpending refunds... :thumbs_up:

Loque

25 Sep 2019

I am wondering that the shop still does this without at least a big warning...
Reason12, Win10

ShelLuser

25 Sep 2019

nicedevill wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Today I purchased Reason 11 Suite upgrade twice. First time there was some error at the end of the payment process, but it seems transaction got through... which I didn't know because I repeated the process and now I have 2 Reason 11 Suite upgrades. What can I do to rectify this?
Contact support, only thing you can do. And I agree that the site is a mess, honestly? I still don't understand why it can't support such a simple concept of checking what someone already owns and anticipating on that.

With Ableton I can't buy Suite twice without going through a verify check to ensure that this is what I want because.. I already own it. With the prop website and the slick business styled RS site they have no problem at all selling you the same stuff several times.

Each to their own but this doesn't really improve my trust with the new business model. What company would allow their customers to waste their money like this?
--- :reason:

Kaydigi

25 Sep 2019

ShelLuser wrote:
25 Sep 2019
nicedevill wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Today I purchased Reason 11 Suite upgrade twice. First time there was some error at the end of the payment process, but it seems transaction got through... which I didn't know because I repeated the process and now I have 2 Reason 11 Suite upgrades. What can I do to rectify this?
Contact support, only thing you can do. And I agree that the site is a mess, honestly? I still don't understand why it can't support such a simple concept of checking what someone already owns and anticipating on that.

With Ableton I can't buy Suite twice without going through a verify check to ensure that this is what I want because.. I already own it. With the prop website and the slick business styled RS site they have no problem at all selling you the same stuff several times.

Each to their own but this doesn't really improve my trust with the new business model. What company would allow their customers to waste their money like this?
The same company that doesn’t offered a tiered upgrade to Reason Suite if you already own Reason 11.

ShelLuser

25 Sep 2019

Kaydigi wrote:
25 Sep 2019
The same company that doesn’t offered a tiered upgrade to Reason Suite if you already own Reason 11.
Actually they do.. Suite isn't about the base product but the RE's. And you get a pretty sweet deal on those, especially if you don't own anything else but Reason 11.
--- :reason:

wendylou

25 Sep 2019

I was double-billed as well. Placed order, cart said there was a problem and try again, then right after I got it to go through, I received two receipts, and I now have two Reason Studios in my account and billed. I was able to open a support ticket, but I, too, have had a lot of links not working and ZenDesk page problems with "page not found" errors, etc. I tried Chrome and Safari and both had navigation issues. Even now, when I check my support ticket, there is a general page that opens like I'm in the wrong place, but as I wait patiently for some time, suddenly my ticket page opens. Something going on there...
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

Deep Schulzz

26 Sep 2019

I'm getting nervous, still no response from the support. I paid unknowingly for 3 R 11 upgrades so that they received 258 Euros too much. Hopefully they can fix this soon. The mistake was on their side. :evil:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2019

Deep Schulzz wrote:
26 Sep 2019
I'm getting nervous, still no response from the support. I paid unknowingly for 3 R 11 upgrades so that they received 258 Euros too much. Hopefully they can fix this soon. The mistake was on their side. :evil:
Don’t worry. They will but it may take a bit of time. But again, don’t worry. They’ll fix it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Alkua

26 Sep 2019

They have 3o days money back. Should give you a refund.

EnochLight

26 Sep 2019

Man.. I’ll say this much: it’s been a long time since a full-version launch has hammered their servers this bad and caused so many issues. I expect Reason 11 sales numbers will be through the roof.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Oberlai

27 Sep 2019

They have a 30 day money back guarantee, just return one license. I can't tell you how to do it though, never done it.

WithTheTracks

27 Sep 2019

Yeah...

I can't even upgrade my Reason 11 to Suite.
It says "Not available to this account."

And then, on the page it says that I'm running the wrong version.

Btw, I opened my support ticket 19 hours ago, and still no reply.
Does it usually take this long? Or are they receiving a lot of support tickets?
Created in FL Studio (From now on, Reason only. :puf_bigsmile: )

nicedevill

27 Sep 2019

Update: Still no response from Reason Studios.
Oberlai wrote:
27 Sep 2019
They have a 30 day money back guarantee, just return one license. I can't tell you how to do it though, never done it.
I was looking for a way to return license (or ask for a refund) on their site, but can't find anything.

Deep Schulzz

27 Sep 2019

nicedevill wrote:
27 Sep 2019
Update: Still no response from Reason Studios.
The same here. No reaction at all. They should respond quickly in such a delicate matter.

Until now there were only three PayPal transactions but some minutes ago the complete amount has been drawn from my bank account. It's the end of the month. I'm broke now(: :cool: :evil: :twisted: :?: :x
I'm pissed off. Reason User since Version1.

Loque

27 Sep 2019

Reason12, Win10

Deep Schulzz

27 Sep 2019

Thanks for the hint. Tried that before but the links are not valid anymore. But Reason support was informed two day ago.. Hopefully they react soon. :puf_unhappy:

boingy

27 Sep 2019

Deep Schulzz wrote:
27 Sep 2019
Thanks for the hint. Tried that before but the links are not valid anymore. But Reason support was informed two day ago.. Hopefully they react soon. :puf_unhappy:
I think they are probably just overwhelmed with tickets with the R11 launch. I'm certain they will sort it for you eventually.

RCC1976

27 Sep 2019

I ended up being charged twice after the website said the transaction had failed the first time then when I tried again there was a different server error. I immediately lodged a support ticket and it took about 26 hours to get a response. They put a Reason 11 licence in my account but said they hadn't yet received my payment as it was still processing and that when it all goes through they will refund the double payment.

I think (as others have pointed out) that they're probably swamped with problems at the moment so I'll just have to be patient for now. At least I got some acknowledgement of my problem.

nicedevill

27 Sep 2019

Update #2: The issue has been resolved now and refunds are commencing. All good now!

Loque

27 Sep 2019

nicedevill wrote:
27 Sep 2019
Update #2: The issue has been resolved now and refunds are commencing. All good now!
Good to hear that. Hopefully they improve the shop. Would save lots of resources in the support.
Reason12, Win10

• Information