improve MIDI

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
drno
RE Developer

01 Apr 2019

Will we ever change banks?
And the same with the sending and receiving SysEx?

11?

I want to use my old machines with reason ... Am I that weird? :?

dezma

03 Apr 2019

drno wrote:
01 Apr 2019
Will we ever change banks?
And the same with the sending and receiving SysEx?

11?

I want to use my old machines with reason ... Am I that weird? :?
Allthough I only have one hardware synth left, I'd also still like to have this. Maybe props consider this a self-resolving problem as the oldskool guys grow fewer each year. The instagram generation producers never heard of sysex. In a few decades we'll be extinct and they will not have spent any time on sysex programming :shock:

pushedbutton

03 Apr 2019

I think what you've got to do is make your sysex programmed device then make a remote codec thingy for it.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

4filegate

03 Apr 2019

Waveidea CME Bitstream 3X midi control surface could be re-programmed on-the-fly without having to stop your music, just by inserting those SysEx in any hardware or software sequencer. Since the communication between the configuration software and the Bitstream 3X is using SysEx, no additional connector is required.

The Sync-24 output allows to synchronize a vintage gear (TB303, TR808, TR909, ...) with the Bitstream 3X.

drno
RE Developer

05 Apr 2019

pushedbutton wrote:
03 Apr 2019
I think what you've got to do is make your sysex programmed device then make a remote codec thingy for it.
once I have read the specifications of Remote, I think it does not provide any solution to control an external midi module with EMI :roll:

• Information