Wierd!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Taff

22 Dec 2017

Why have my pan knobs just developed a mind of their own?

I try to pan an instrument left, and they just reset themselves to centre!

Taff

22 Dec 2017

Sorted.

My old, and rather knackered, O2 keyboard seems to be the problem

antic604

22 Dec 2017

Weird, because I expected this topic to be about wiring stuff.

normen

22 Dec 2017

Taff wrote:
22 Dec 2017
Sorted.

My old, and rather knackered, O2 keyboard seems to be the problem
M-Audio O2? Yeah, I have that issue too with one of the pots. Spews out MIDI messages randomly. A bit of contact spray might give it a few more years, just make sure you don't spill too much on the PCB.

AttenuationHz

22 Dec 2017

Same deal with the novation Remote LE I use. Has been going strong got more than worth out of it!

Pain in the ass though.

Best solution I came up with was to just delete the Remote info from the Remote file. I only use the keys and would remote override the buttons/knobs if I need to use them. Have a separate controller for devices now though. Really only remote override the buttons to open plug-in windows.

remote file on should be located in: C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps . Folder for controller. You could just comment out the dodgy pots using " // " at the start of "Map" so it reads "// Map...." that way it wont assign the pot and you can keep the original if you need a quick fix until you open up and apply the contact spray. Most likely is only dust on the rotaries!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

normen

22 Dec 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
22 Dec 2017
Most likely is only dust on the rotaries!
Corrosion, yeah. Just quickly moving them back and forth for a while also helps for some time.

• Information