Propellerhead Content folder installed in a different folder than reason ?!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Voyager

07 Nov 2017

Hello guys,

So i installed the various optional devices that are klang, radical piano etc but i notice that the "Propellerhead content" folder has been created in my user>name>my music folder and same goes for the Optional Refills and template songs folder that has been installed there.

From what i remember i installed reason 10 from that folder "my music", it is not my download folder but i had to changed the location because i downloaded many things that had to go in that folder and i forget to change the location while downloading reason.

I tried to put the Propellerhead content folder in the Reason and Reason 10 folder but in both the devices doesn't appear in Reason anymore, they do only if i put the folder back to my music...

Any idea why this happend and if it's normal ? if not how can i put the folder back were it originaly belong ?

Thanks

zumBeispiel

08 Nov 2017

It's normal.
That's the default folder for R10's extra content (PCwin).
Perhaps a "junction" trick could help to modify that location.

Olivier

08 Nov 2017

Check this thread and post if you want to move reasons default directories to other locations: viewtopic.php?p=362262#p362262
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Voyager

08 Nov 2017

zumBeispiel wrote:
08 Nov 2017
It's normal.
That's the default folder for R10's extra content (PCwin).
Perhaps a "junction" trick could help to modify that location.
Oh ok, didn't know that it was the default location for those folders, i was confused since i installed reason from that folder and though by default stayed there.

Any idea props decided to move those folders into "my music" folders and not the main Reason one ?

chimp_spanner

08 Nov 2017

It is very strange. I wonder - and this might be a bit cheeky/presumptuous to ask - if anyone here would be able to code a small utility that would allow us to consolidate all our Reason content into one master folder in a custom location? Would be an amazing resource for the community, and I'm guessing it's gotta be easier than coding an RE! I'd even chuck someone some notes for their time if they were up for it.

Voyager

08 Nov 2017

Another question guys, i have all my refills in the "reason" folder, but since i use reason 10 now should i move them to the "reason 10" folder ?

chimp_spanner

08 Nov 2017

Third party refills can live wherever you want! I think the R10 content folder (and manager) is only for things that are distributed through Reason itself, like the Drum and Loop Supply ReFills that were bundled with the software. I'm keeping all my other ReFills exactly where they were before without any problems.

Voyager

08 Nov 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:
08 Nov 2017
Third party refills can live wherever you want! I think the R10 content folder (and manager) is only for things that are distributed through Reason itself, like the Drum and Loop Supply ReFills that were bundled with the software. I'm keeping all my other ReFills exactly where they were before without any problems.
ok, i moved the drum supply refill in the normal reason folder were all my other refills are and no problem so far.

• Information