Should Propellerheads Reason 10 Upgrade be free?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EnochLight

10 Nov 2017

joeyluck wrote:
10 Nov 2017
Can we please stop with the personal attacks? Calling someone a hipster and trying to make fun of someone's appearance is unacceptable. Making assumptions and conclusions about anyone based on appearance is very wrong. Trying to cut someone down with anything unrelated to the argument is cowardly. Engage them in conversation or don't.

To me, it just sounds like people here are jealous of guys that can grow beards. It's beard envy really. Wish I could grow a full beard. Move on please.
Right, so - full disclosure: I made the initial "hipster beard" joke weeks ago purely in jest. Selig played, we let it die, and we all moved on. This was about someone who, to my knowledge, is not a part of this group, has no presence here, and is just "someone on the Internet". If Evan from Stock Music Musician is a member here, then I truly apologize for poking fun. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. If I didn't have to hold my career down in my current field, I'd gladly grow some Gandalf the Grey-grade shit. So maybe my initial hipster-beard comment was made out of jealously, right? ;)

That said, I hope we're not all such delicate snowflakes that we can't be politically incorrect here on occasion. I know the mods aren't fans of memes, so I've toned down the memes to appease them. But literally making this place devoid of all humor, politically incorrect or otherwise, makes me sad.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

etyrnal

10 Nov 2017

EnochLight wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
10 Nov 2017
Can we please stop with the personal attacks? Calling someone a hipster and trying to make fun of someone's appearance is unacceptable. Making assumptions and conclusions about anyone based on appearance is very wrong. Trying to cut someone down with anything unrelated to the argument is cowardly. Engage them in conversation or don't.

To me, it just sounds like people here are jealous of guys that can grow beards. It's beard envy really. Wish I could grow a full beard. Move on please.
Right, so - full disclosure: I made the initial "hipster beard" joke weeks ago purely in jest. Selig played, we let it die, and we all moved on. This was about someone who, to my knowledge, is not a part of this group, has no presence here, and is just "someone on the Internet". If Evan from Stock Music Musician is a member here, then I truly apologize for poking fun. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. If I didn't have to hold my career down in my current field, I'd gladly grow some Gandalf the Grey-grade shit. So maybe my initial hipster-beard comment was made out of jealously, right? ;)

That said, I hope we're not all such delicate snowflakes that we can't be politically incorrect here on occasion. I know the mods aren't fans of memes, so I've toned down the memes to appease them. But literally making this place devoid of all humor, politically incorrect or otherwise, makes me sad.
Inside jokes are not quite as humorous as humor where everybody is involved.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

EnochLight

10 Nov 2017

etyrnal wrote:
10 Nov 2017

Inside jokes are not quite as humorous as humor where everybody is involved.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Not related to this, but thanks.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

XysteR

10 Nov 2017

Gorgon wrote:
10 Nov 2017
XysteR wrote:
10 Nov 2017
Oh fact.
No, that's not a fact. Not even close.
Ok props are wrong, everyone else including myself are wrong, you're right :shakeshead:

FlowerSoldier

10 Nov 2017

I upgraded from 9.5. I love the new content and Instruments. I work full time and I feel like it was money well spent. I don't expect anything for free on Planet Earth in the 21st Century. Nobody should.

joeyluck

10 Nov 2017

EnochLight wrote:
10 Nov 2017
joeyluck wrote:
10 Nov 2017

We can move on. I was only addressing it so that it would stop. Not sure if Selig was playing along; I thought he was trying to make a point to diffuse...

Anyways, humor at the expense of someone else is against the rules, whether you think they are here or not. And on that note, I'm not sure how something can be in jest, or in good fun, if you make fun of someone you don't know personally or you think isn't here to receive those 'comments in jest' and be able to defend themselves. These types of comments only remind me of troll comments that riddle YouTube; where instead of engaging in the conversation, they make jabs at a person's appearance in attempts to derail and degrade. Your typical behavior certainly doesn't align with that, so I figured that wasn't your intent. But I'm here to keep people from having a field day with it. And I appreciate you making the apology.

Aiser

11 Nov 2017

the only way I see all daws getting free updates is if they ran ads every time you booted up the daw.
Reason, Reaper & Ableton user. :cool:

sot

11 Nov 2017

free no but they can develop more point releases between versions adding fixes and features and not release a major version year after year
Last edited by sot on 11 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: 10

sdst
Competition Winner

11 Nov 2017

Aiser wrote:
11 Nov 2017
the only way I see all daws getting free updates is if they ran ads every time you booted up the daw.
here a RE prototype

• Information