Mod Wheels

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Bejan

26 Feb 2017

I've recently upgraded to 9 however occasionally mod wheels on instruments will move by their own accord! Can anyone help? I've unplugged my midi keyboard however it still happens. :?:

Olivier

26 Feb 2017

Does this also happen when you disable all control surfaces in the preferences ?
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Bejan

26 Feb 2017

Yes, I disabled it and got the same result and then deleted the midi keyboard completely and got the same too. I've also tried unplugging the usb but to no avail..

Bejan

26 Feb 2017

Yes I've disabled the midi keyboard, removed it completely and unplugged it yet still get the same result :(

Olivier

26 Feb 2017

Bejan wrote:Yes I've disabled the midi keyboard, removed it completely and unplugged it yet still get the same result :(
That is quite extraordinary... I don't have an idea how this is possible if there's no control surface connected. If i think of something i'll get back here.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

househoppin09

26 Feb 2017

Checklist:

- Any MIDI-related hardware of any kind plugged into your system? If so, try disconnecting it.
- Any other music or audio software running alongside Reason? If so, try closing it. Especially make sure to unload any virtual MIDI cable/routing software or drivers you may have installed.
- Any slightest possibility of mod wheel automation data lurking anywhere in any of your sequencer tracks? If so, try deleting absolutely all of it.

If all else fails, try creating a new Reason song and strip it down to nothing. One Subtractor or NN-XT or whatever, loaded to Init Patch, running directly into the master outs. Does the mod wheel movement already start happening? If so, that'd be pretty incredible! Otherwise, build up a new song little by little from there and let us know at what point the problem starts, if ever.

• Information