Propellerheads support response times

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Kronos

19 Oct 2016

I have difficulties to get both technical support and sales support to respond to my requests. Is it normal that it takes weeks waiting for updates to support requests? I have problems with seemingly simple things like downloading the refill packer. Just wondering what is reasonable to expect from the Propellerheads.

Gorgon

19 Oct 2016

Kronos wrote:I have difficulties to get both technical support and sales support to respond to my requests. Is it normal that it takes weeks waiting for updates to support requests? I have problems with seemingly simple things like downloading the refill packer. Just wondering what is reasonable to expect from the Propellerheads.
What's the problem?
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Kronos

19 Oct 2016

One of my problems is that I can't download the refill packer from their website. I get an error message that I am not authorized, despite having a big pile of products registered including Reason 9. I got one response from Propellerheads acknowledging the problem more than a month ago, but since then no updates on a solution. I haven't received a single reply on my follow-up questions to Propellerheads, since I keep having the same problem.
I am aware they are a small company with big resource contraints, but I wonder what is acceptable from a customer perspective.

jonheal

19 Oct 2016

I am going to try to download it, now.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

jonheal

19 Oct 2016

I was able to download both the Mac and Windows versions of Packer 8.2. Which version are you trying to download? What browser are you using? Where are you located?
Last edited by jonheal on 19 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

jonheal

19 Oct 2016

If you want to PM me your email address, I will forward it to you. (It's a ZIP file, by the way, so don't let that freak you out.)

Kronos

19 Oct 2016

I am on OSX 10.10.5, have tried both Safari and Firefox, trying to download 8.2 version as well as older versions just to rule out that reason. Seems like wrong solution to get it through peer-to-peer sharing, even though I appreciate the gesture. Great support from this forum, I must say!

jonheal

19 Oct 2016

Well ... I got it, if you want it. I can upload it to my Google or Dropbox or One drive, if that is more palatable.

And you are logged in to the Propellerhead site, yes?

Kronos

19 Oct 2016

Yes, sure I am logged in to the Props website. I tried logging out and in several times just to be sure there was no issue with browser cache etc.

Kronos

20 Oct 2016

Thanks Jon for helping me fix this issue.

Still total silence from the Propellerheads. I actually regret that I invested in Reason. I can't recommend anyone to put all their eggs in Propellerheads basket.

jonheal

21 Oct 2016

One possibility: I had trouble sending you messages myself. They're not in your Junk folder by any chance, are they?

Kronos

22 Oct 2016

The junk folder was one of the first things I checked, both in the props case and in your case. Anway, I noticed that the Props respond quickly when using their web formular for questions, but not at all when replying to emails received from their support. Managed yesterday to resolve a sales issue through sending each reply through the Props webpage.

jonheal

22 Oct 2016

My messages to you may have been blocked because of the ZIP attachment. I wonder if I had renamed the attachment to "txt," if Hotmail would have let it through.

Kronos

22 Oct 2016

Could very well be some automatic spam filter from Microsoft, blocking applications in zip files.

centomila

22 Oct 2016

I've downloaded both files with no problem from this page

https://www.propellerheads.se/download/ ... illpacker8

Those are the urls:
http://cdn.propellerheads.se/ReFillPack ... 20_Mac.zip
http://cdn.propellerheads.se/ReFillPack ... 20_Win.zip

Your problem seems to be related with apple gatekeeper
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

I know you have already solved, but maybe an update has changed your settings. Take a look :)

kuhliloach

22 Oct 2016

It took me less than 1 second to download the file from centomila's link above. To troubleshoot the issue I suggest:

Step 1: build a PC using Windows 7

Kronos

22 Oct 2016

My problem seems to be related to the authorization mechanism at the Propellerheads website. I have tried from several different devices with the same problem: I don't get authorized to access the download.
Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 00.16.47.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 00.16.47.png (318.99 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
Clicking on the direct download url works fine, though.

I am seriously fed up with Propellerheads now, I wish I spent my money with Ableton instead.

Kronos

22 Oct 2016

Thanks for your help, anyway, Centomila! I appreciate it, really.

centomila

23 Oct 2016

Kronos wrote:My problem seems to be related to the authorization mechanism at the Propellerheads website. I have tried from several different devices with the same problem: I don't get authorized to access the download.

Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 00.16.47.png

Clicking on the direct download url works fine, though.

I am seriously fed up with Propellerheads now, I wish I spent my money with Ableton instead.
:O
This screenshot seems to be from a really old version of propellerhead website.

The actual website is made like this:
Imageupload immagini

Are you behind a Proxy (or a VPN)? Is your reason license registered and associated to your account? ( https://www.propellerheads.se/user/products/ )

OT:
Quoting Yoda: Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

Crappy quote apart, with Ableton there are other problems. I have Ableton, Cubase PRO and Reason 9 (all originals, but i don't smoke anymore, so i can afford it :p ). They are all different and i can ensure that noone is better.

Ableton - Good for live performance and sampling workflow but his clip system tend to freeze you on the "8 bar loop problem".
Reason - Good for all kinds of music production but limited on sampling based instruments (Orchestration) and sequencer tools.
Cubase - Good for all kinds of music production but overwhelming for any newbie.

I used all three almost on daily bases.
- I love ableton clip system and the database search but i hate everything else. I can assign color to everything, but working on big projects is always confusing.
- I love cubase sequencer but i hate the inconsistent workflow between VSTs.
- I love Reason because is stable, fast and you don't need to go crazy syncing different products, files, samples, projects, folders, subfolders, license keys. I hate the limited functions with midi controllers.

Actually i work with Cubase + Reason as Rewire slave. It's like having a stable and well integrated big VST.

You don't seem to be angry with the product, but with the support system :). Behind an email support, always remember there is a guy, not a brand. Ableton and Steinberg are much bigger companies and have people dedicated to support. In PH probably not.

JM2C :)

Kronos

23 Oct 2016

I get to the webpage you pasted a picture of, Centomila, but when I click on the packer link for downloading I get the authorization message.
The product is great for my needs, otherwise I wouldn't have spent a fortune on Reason stuff. I like the gate/Cv system that enables instruments and effects to directly modulate each other. For me that is the key differentiator. But I seriously doubt the company in terms of their ability to support their customers. Maybe the company is too small and the product too niche for being able to keep up with the competition.

Kronos

23 Oct 2016

To answer your questions, I am not behind a proxy/VPN and Reason is registered on my account. I bought it as a download from their website, so I suppose it is not possible not to get it properly registered through that purchase path.

jappe

23 Oct 2016

Kronos wrote:I have difficulties to get both technical support and sales support to respond to my requests. Is it normal that it takes weeks waiting for updates to support requests? I have problems with seemingly simple things like downloading the refill packer. Just wondering what is reasonable to expect from the Propellerheads.
One should expect quick response.

They have no reason to intentionally not reply to you so there's some problem for sure.
It is frustrating when it happens anyway ofc; perhaps they can offer you some compensation if there is some error on their part that they don't get your mail for any strange reason. (my experience is that they went an extra mile to support me and offered a generous solution)

There are some help on their site:
https://www.propellerheads.se/support/user/

Last Alternative

23 Oct 2016

I've had better luck catching the Props on Facecrook which is disappointing since you can't get much done on there. It's why I usually turn to ReasonTalk for help. So glad there are peeps here willing to assist.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Kronos

24 Oct 2016

Agree, ReasonTalk is a very nice forum, good atmosphere and constructive discussions.

Gorgon

24 Oct 2016

PH support has always been a joke. It wasn't that much of a problem because they also had the forum, until they pulled the plug on that and destroyed years of knowledge.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

• Information