warping .syncing

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Djdoom111

03 Jul 2016

ok so there has to be a quick way of syncing long loops and acapellas when i drag into reason .ableton does it automatically .am i missing something or is it that iv got to know bpm first or i have to take ages moving it about .sorry in advance if its a stupid question and there is an easy was lol .i love reason and realy want it to work for me but this bugs me .iv looked on you tube and cant find a tutorial that would help

Raveshaper

04 Jul 2016

When you import audio into reason, it assumes that the tempo of your project is the original tempo of any audio you drag in. So if you want to set a specific or accurate tempo for your audio, you have to set the project to the correct bpm before audio import.

The problem is that once you match the bpm of your audio and import it, changing tempo after import will time stretch the audio, which can sound a little glitchy. But, yeah. No automatic beat matching of audio.

You can hold Ctrl/Command and stretch the audio clips to make them play across a certain length of time, but that's about it.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

kuhliloach

04 Jul 2016

Raveshaper wrote:... problem is that once you match the bpm of your audio and import it, changing tempo after import will time stretch the audio
Don't forget "Disable Stretch" can be used on an audio clip so it will not be affected by BPM changes.

Raveshaper

04 Jul 2016

kuhliloach wrote:Don't forget "Disable Stretch" can be used on an audio clip so it will not be affected by BPM changes.
Thanks, I don't use that option very often so it's easy to forget.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

Djdoom111

05 Jul 2016

thanks ill just keep trying with what you all said .i suppose the more you do it the easier and more fluent it becomes . or i go to ableton first and export at a bpm i will know so i can put into reason .. thanks

• Information