feedback

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Djdoom111

02 Jul 2016

ok im a bit new to reason 8/9 .im having an issue when dragging an audio clip/into the arrangement view.. there is an allmighty scream of feedback .i remember it happening a while back when i was using reason and it was something to do with inputs etc .cant remember how to solve it .what am i doing wrong folks

jfrichards

02 Jul 2016

Is the green speaker icon for that track lit up or grayed out? If it's green, the input is live, like for a mic or guitar or a cable connected to nothing, and you will not hear the dragged clip on that track until you turn off the live input green speaker icon. Just my first guess. If that's not it, can you give a few more details of the steps you take leading up to the feedback?

pushedbutton

02 Jul 2016

Feedback usually means your output (your speakers) is going into your input (your mic) and causing a loop that will get louder and louder the more times it goes round and round.
I can't see your set up but when you put an audio track in reason it goes into monitoring mode automatically until you hit play.
Look on the left of the audio tracks sequencer and you will see a dropdown box allowing you to select your audio input. whatever that is probably sat too close to your speaker or if there is some sort of virtual arrangement it's been set up wrong.
In short, break the loop, stop the feedback.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Djdoom111

02 Jul 2016

thanks boys .it was the green input button .happy days .thank you again

Gaja

02 Jul 2016

You can set monitoring to manual in the preferences. That way audio tracks will open with monitoring off.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

groggy1

03 Jul 2016

Gaja wrote:You can set monitoring to manual in the preferences. That way audio tracks will open with monitoring off.
This is good advice. I configure reason for manual monitoring, otherwise I end up getting feedback every once in a while when I click and don't think about what I'm doing.

Djdoom111

03 Jul 2016

just did it .thanks for the help .i was going mad

• Information