Live-stream Reason production sesh on Wed 17th

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
adfielding

15 Feb 2016

Back in 2011, I was lucky enough to take part in Propellerhead's Music Making Month (the videos are still on Youtube, if you're curious!). It was an awful lot of fun, and what was supposed to be a 30 minute-or-so session ended up lasting a few hours. It was marred with technical problems (I was the first person using a PC during the month, so we had to experiment a bit - and my connection sucked!), but it was a lot of fun.

Fast forward to now - live-streaming is much more accessible, and my connection sucks less. Time for another live-stream!

On Wednesday 17th Feb at 7pm GMT, I'll be spending a few hours (ish?) creating a song from scratch using Reason over on Twitch. It might suck! It might not! Who knows, that's the fun, right? :D

It should be a fun experiment, in any case, and if it goes well I might make it a semi-regular thing. If you want to check it out, here's my channel.

http://www.twitch.tv/adfielding/

It'd be awesome to see a few familiar faces over there. Cheers!

SoulState

15 Feb 2016

Sounds really interesting. Will tune in.
:reason:

Djstarski

15 Feb 2016

i`ll be there . can`t wait .

Jagwah

15 Feb 2016

Sounds great, thanks!!

If you could upload the finished video then those of us in less fortunate time zones can still check it out :)

Wook

15 Feb 2016

Awesome. I'd like to pick your brain this way. Hope it grows into a regular thing.

Oh, and please, can you archive it so we are able to watch it if we don't get a chance to see it live?

adfielding

16 Feb 2016

Just posting this as a reminder - this is happening tomorrow night, 7pm GMT. Be there! Or... don't be there, I guess! :D

Emian

16 Feb 2016

Jagwah wrote:Sounds great, thanks!!

If you could upload the finished video then those of us in less fortunate time zones can still check it out :)

^^ THIS hopefully :)

Very nice idea Adam, enjoy doin' so !!

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

jappe

16 Feb 2016

Looking forward to that, thank's for sharing your knowledge!

adfielding

17 Feb 2016

Don't forget - provided my computer doesn't explode or anything, this is happening TONIGHT! 7pm GMT :)
Jagwah wrote:If you could upload the finished video then those of us in less fortunate time zones can still check it out :)
I plan to export the stream to Youtube once I'm done - apparently Twitch allows for that - but, this being my first solo live-stream and all, things are bound to go wrong. BUT - I will certainly try! :)

Jagwah

17 Feb 2016

adfielding wrote:Don't forget - provided my computer doesn't explode or anything, this is happening TONIGHT! 7pm GMT :)
Jagwah wrote:If you could upload the finished video then those of us in less fortunate time zones can still check it out :)
I plan to export the stream to Youtube once I'm done - apparently Twitch allows for that - but, this being my first solo live-stream and all, things are bound to go wrong. BUT - I will certainly try! :)
Cool man, thanks :)

Creativemind

17 Feb 2016

Twitch won't let me sign up. Proper done my head in. Why? can't go through Facebook as I'm not on it.

I wanted to comment and I can't. :puf_unhappy:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

ScuzzyEye

17 Feb 2016

Creativemind wrote:Twitch won't let me sign up. Proper done my head in. Why? can't go through Facebook as I'm not on it.

I wanted to comment and I can't. :puf_unhappy:
There should be an option to sign up with your e-mail address. I didn't use FB to make my account(s).

DinoJ

17 Feb 2016

Thanks for doing the stream, was great, really enjoyed it and learned a few things along the way!

adfielding

17 Feb 2016

WELL THAT WAS FUN :D

The entire video is on Twitch VOD right now if you want to check it out.

I'm currently exporting it to Youtube. Apologies for any technical problems and glitching, if it's glitchy on Youtube then I'll look into it before next time. Also, I'll try and get the song uploaded tomorrow and I'll have a word with various peeps about sample usage.

Thanks so much to everyone who joined in, it was a blast!

Edit: also I totally forgot to give my song a name! For shame. Any suggestions welcome ;)

Creativemind

17 Feb 2016

Yeah I tried the non facebook way but it still wouldn't have it. Oh well. I watched the first hour or so. Very good. Would love to see a similar thing with someone making some deep house.

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

adfielding

18 Feb 2016

Live-stream is on Youtube! Unfortunately it gets a little glitch-tastic later on.

4filegate

18 Feb 2016

stream quality well - sound quality well - music very well, nice interactions come from your tearoom - It is a joy. My mental linking THÉODOR

adfielding

18 Feb 2016

4filegate wrote:stream quality well - sound quality well - music very well, nice interactions come from your tearoom - It is a joy. My mental linking THÉODOR
Thanks! I'm really glad you liked it :D I've been testing a stream using a different encoder under the same CPU load, and it seems to be faring much better than it did yesterday. Fingers crossed this means the end of Visual Glitch Central (tm) for future streams!

Also, the finished song is on Discover now-
https://www.propellerheads.se/s/T5lw9g73

...and the project file is available here. Reason 8.3.2 is required to open it, I'm afraid - and it uses a bunch of REs you may or may not have.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dipx4rbqlwegn ... mer.reason

I might do a less involved stream sometime again soon, and do another music making stream sometime after that - "Tea & Music With Adam" will be back ;)

4filegate

18 Feb 2016

@adfielding ;) Brainwave was the French word "odorat" = sense of smell - thank you for more "Tea & Music With Adam"

chimp_spanner

18 Feb 2016

Damn, would've liked to see this man. I was out at a meal last night. Do you think you'll do another? Is there a way to watch it after the fact?

adfielding

18 Feb 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:Damn, would've liked to see this man. I was out at a meal last night. Do you think you'll do another? Is there a way to watch it after the fact?
Yes and yes! :D

This stream is on Youtube now, it glitches out towards the end though I'm afraid - just the visuals, the audio remains fine throughout. I've tinkered with the encoder settings on my end and had a quick test earlier, hopefully next time it'll perform a little better :)

I'm hoping to do another stream soon, probably less involved than this one but I hope to make "Tea and Tunes with Ad" a semi-regular thing :)

chimp_spanner

18 Feb 2016

Tea and Tunes - so British. Love it. I'm deep in a work hole right now but I'm looking forward to checking this out. Always interesting to see how other people work. Can tell already though that the audio quality and delivery is really good. Nicely done, and thanks for the link!

selig
RE Developer

18 Feb 2016

Only saw the last bit "live", but enjoyed your presentation immensely! Will check out the video now, thanks again for taking the time to do this. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

adfielding

18 Feb 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:Tea and Tunes - so British. Love it. I'm deep in a work hole right now but I'm looking forward to checking this out. Always interesting to see how other people work. Can tell already though that the audio quality and delivery is really good. Nicely done, and thanks for the link!
Awesome! Well, when you get the chance - I hope you like it, it was a blast to make :)
selig wrote:Only saw the last bit "live", but enjoyed your presentation immensely! Will check out the video now, thanks again for taking the time to do this. :)
Cheers! I must admit I was a bit nervous about the whole thing, but once I got into the swing of it... yeah, it was a lot of fun, for sure!

On a (mostly?) unrelated note... I was going to start another thread with this in but a) I figured I've spammed up the board enough and b) I wasn't sure where to post it. I mentioned writing a trailer album during the live-stream, and it's just had its first placement! Wooh!

My music comes in from around 0:24. :D

• Information