Any info on Nektar Panorama updates ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Morphic1977

17 Jul 2015

Hi guys,

does anyone have any information about Nektar Panorama firmware updates? It is long time since Panorama keyboards were updated (in Oct 2014). Since then many REs were released and I think it would be nice to control them via Panaroma. Especially synths like Quad, Vecto, FM4, Driver or Synapse GQ-7 Graphic Equalizer are in my focus :-)

In the old PUF, I remember there was a user who was a member of Nektar tech team. Is there anyone from Nektar who monitor this forum please ?
:reason: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :re: :refill:

Nektar Panorama P4, Many of REs and couple of refills...

EnochLight

17 Jul 2015

Morphic1977 wrote:Hi guys,

does anyone have any information about Nektar Panorama firmware updates? It is long time since Panorama keyboards were updated (in Oct 2014). Since then many REs were released and I think it would be nice to control them via Panaroma. Especially synths like Quad, Vecto, FM4, Driver or Synapse GQ-7 Graphic Equalizer are in my focus :-)

In the old PUF, I remember there was a user who was a member of Nektar tech team. Is there anyone from Nektar who monitor this forum please ?
Justin from Nektar pops in here on occasion. Last I heard, he/they said that a Reason update was coming since 8.3 dropped, but I've heard nothing since then. I still love my Nektar Panorama P4 and still feel it's the finest controller available for Reasoners, but Nektar Tech's support for other DAW and new (more affordable controllers) has spread out so much that they're ability to update firmware and support new RE's has come to a glacial creep, I'm afraid.

That said, I'm glad they diversified if it keeps them in business. I'd hate for them to fold due to lack of sales. I'm still holding out hope that a Panorama "Ultra" or "Pro" series will someday appear with more motorized faders and 16 pads! :D
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

auricle

17 Jul 2015

I hope they update it soon, I've just ordered a Panorama P1 and it would be a shame if they don't release any more updates.

Morphic1977

17 Jul 2015

Hi,

I have contacted Nektar support and received following answer:

We do plan to update Panorama's Reason integration but I can't say when it will be ready.

Currently we are working on updating our Logic integration (which hasn't been updated since July, 2014) and Bitwig integration. Hopefully we will be able to map some Rack Extensions, soon after that.
:reason: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :re: :refill:

Nektar Panorama P4, Many of REs and couple of refills...

auricle

17 Jul 2015

Thanks for the update, Morphic

• Information