Reason 13 and the new Side Chain unit

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
calebbrennan

17 May 2024

Does the new Reason 13 side chain unit have a patch for ducking vocal reverb? I know how to patch it manually but its a pain.

Also, what are the minimum requirements for Reason 13?

supersmarter

26 May 2024

calebbrennan wrote:
17 May 2024
Does the new Reason 13 side chain unit have a patch for ducking vocal reverb? I know how to patch it manually but its a pain.

If you think pressing the Tab key on the keyboard and dragging the mouse on your screen is pain then you don't know what the pain is.

I could understand the criticism but using the word "pain" to describe the action with your mouse which takes less than a minute to setup and then save as a patch for reuse - you are confused about the pain or you don't know what the pain is.

Popey
Competition Winner

26 May 2024

It's in beta so those that have access would not be able to comment.

Best bet is to sign up to the beta so you can test when accepted.

I'm patiently waiting and hoping to get access to test it out.

selig
RE Developer

26 May 2024

Any tool that can side-chain onething can side-chain another, so yes this should work for reverb as well as anything.
Selig Audio, LLC

huggermugger

26 May 2024

supersmarter wrote:
26 May 2024

If you think pressing the Tab key on the keyboard and dragging the mouse on your screen is pain then you don't know what the pain is.

I could understand the criticism but using the word "pain" to describe the action with your mouse which takes less than a minute to setup and then save as a patch for reuse - you are confused about the pain or you don't know what the pain is.
Don't bother. The guy would probably have an anxiety attack if he ever hit the Tab key. Plus, he's got deadlines - Drake is waiting on a few dozen beats - ain't got time to patch cables.

calebbrennan

28 May 2024

I'm sorry I'm not as slick as all you , I was just looking for a patch that would allow me to patch a gated reverb on a vocal channel without patching it myself. If that make me lazy, So be it. I don't think so . I'm concentrating on multiple fronts lyrics, melody arrangement. I would bet if someone offered this Combinator in the store it would rock the house

calebbrennan

28 May 2024

I've enjoyed Reason so much since 3.0. But as it gets more versatile It gets more complicated. I get that. I still love us sharing short cuts to what we want to get out of the Program. And I love new features. My brain can handle so much so I'm still on R10 but will be upgrading to 13. I think the promotional video Reason put out where the guy is brushing his teeth and working on a groove is me

Ottostrom

28 May 2024

calebbrennan wrote:
28 May 2024
I'm sorry I'm not as slick as all you , I was just looking for a patch that would allow me to patch a gated reverb on a vocal channel without patching it myself. If that make me lazy, So be it. I don't think so . I'm concentrating on multiple fronts lyrics, melody arrangement. I would bet if someone offered this Combinator in the store it would rock the house
This requires R12 and above but I made this custom reverb which has quite an extensive ducking section:
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7524832&hilit=rv7k

It's using the RV7000 but could be switched out for a reverb of your choice

mimidancer

28 May 2024

calebbrennan wrote:
17 May 2024
Does the new Reason 13 side chain unit have a patch for ducking vocal reverb? I know how to patch it manually but it's a pain.

It should be about to duck any signal in. I have not used the new device but the setup should be the same, a key and the signal to duck. If you don't like setup you should make a combinator. Then you can drop it in and plug in your key.

mimidancer

28 May 2024

duplicate please delete.
Last edited by mimidancer on 28 May 2024, edited 1 time in total.

mimidancer

28 May 2024

But I have not used it.

deeplink
Competition Winner

29 May 2024

calebbrennan wrote:
17 May 2024

Currently, you are able to set up a SideChain Send Effect. It takes a bit of routing, but you only have to do it once (or save it in your template). Thereafter you can sidechain any channel with a click of a button.

The new SideChain Tool has a dedicated Send Mode - which enables the same thing as above, just without the routing requirements.

Min specs for R13 I don't believe are released yet.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

• Information