Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Quietly

19 Sep 2023

Does anyone have this keyboard setup and running as a controller in Reason 12? No NI S Keyboards are listed under controllers and using Mackie which works on some DAW's does not work. Bottom line midi keyboard working fine but transport controls are not working. Any help appreciated and if none is available can someone tell me how to contact Support as I have spent so much time looking on their web to no avail. OK It could be me LOL

I get the feeling that Reason want me to use the rack on my current DAW, on which my keyboard controls it perfectly; rather than use Reason as a stand alone application. Thanks in advance.

Quietly

20 Sep 2023

I got the answer from Native Instruments :- You can use the Komplete Kontrol keyboard as a standard MIDI keyboard and to control your NI instruments in the Komplete Kontrol plug-in in Reason but there are no host integration features like for Ableton, Logic, Studio One or Pro Tools.

So in a word NO.

jam-s

20 Sep 2023

You could try if these codecs here work for you (they might be for the MK2 models only, but you could still give it a try): https://github.com/spoida/reason-remote ... l%20MCU.md

Quietly

20 Sep 2023

jam-s wrote:
20 Sep 2023
You could try if these codecs here work for you (they might be for the MK2 models only, but you could still give it a try): https://github.com/spoida/reason-remote ... l%20MCU.md
Many thanks my problem is that "C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Codecs\Lua Codecs\Native Instruments" does no exist on my PC. I have only had Reason 12 Installed on it and there is no such directory. What I have got is C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote and nothing more. Open Remote and the folder is empty. I have now found support and have contacted them so when they reply I will post it here.

jam-s

20 Sep 2023

This thread might help as well: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7514631

Quietly

20 Sep 2023

jam-s wrote:
20 Sep 2023
This thread might help as well: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7514631
All over my old head I am afraid but I appreciate it.

Reply from support as follows :-

(It's typically the control surface manufacturer that writes the Remote support for their control surfaces, or contract someone else to do that. What we do is to include the Remote files with Reason on the manufacturers request.

In the current Reason version, there are support for Komplete Kontrol A49/A61/M32. Please check with Native if they plan any Reason support for the S-series, or if they already have files available for download.

That said, I beleive the S mkII series support MCU. In that case, try manuall add your controller as a Mackie/Control, and the transport keys should work.)

I had tried using Mackie Control before and that sadly does not work so apart from changing my keyboad controller I cannot see any other solution. Bearing in mind if this is a Native Instruments problem their S Keyboards have been out for 9 years and if they have ignored Reason regarding remote that long I doubt they are going to look at it now. Beam me up Scotty. :o

QVprod

20 Sep 2023

One of the latest Reason updates added support for the Komplete Kontrol A series keyboards. Since those are pretty similar to the MI1 in design, you can see if that works. It’ll be super basic but it does work for my mk2.

Quietly

21 Sep 2023

QVprod wrote:
20 Sep 2023
One of the latest Reason updates added support for the Komplete Kontrol A series keyboards. Since those are pretty similar to the MI1 in design, you can see if that works. It’ll be super basic but it does work for my mk2.
Thanks but that did not work. Had a lucky stroke and found this https://keramsbookreport.com/index.php/ ... e-kontrol/

I can confirm it works. So I now have a Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1 working with Reason 12 :D . The only transport button that is light up but not working is the Loop button which is no big deal. Rewind, Fastforward, Play, Record and Stop are all working perfectly which is brilliant. If someone could mark this thread as being solved I would be grateful. Many thanks for all the help and advice, so glad it got resolved in the end.

Rectro

31 Jan 2024

Got Reason 12 and a Kontrol S49, the link posted is dead, anyone know how to get this to work

Thanks, Dan

• Information