Ignition key question

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
grueser3

18 Dec 2017

The last version of Reason I used was 6.5. I upgraded to Reason 10, but won’t upload it until I get my new computer. So do I need my ignition key to upload 10? Or is the ignition key no longer needed?

Voyager

18 Dec 2017

Like you i went from 7.1 to 10 and i still use the ignition key. From what i know with you can still choose to use the ignition key or using your propellerhead olnine account to launch reason. There may be other options as well but i don't know them.

grueser3

18 Dec 2017

Thanks voyager, I deactivated my ignition key when I got rid of my old computer, guess I wasn’t supposed to do that, so I’m hoping I don’t need it to upload 10. I’m assuming I can reactivate it, but haven’t gotten that far. I was under the impression you didn’t need to use the ignition key anymore for 10, but not sure where I read that. I know I could log in and use Reason, just not sure what the requirements are now.

grueser3

18 Dec 2017

I think I found it, i found where on versions 7 and above I guess I can “bless “ one computer to use Reason without a internet connection or ignition key. I’ll find out when I get my new computer and upload 10

jwd606

18 Dec 2017

grueser3 wrote:
18 Dec 2017
I think I found it, i found where on versions 7 and above I guess I can “bless “ one computer to use Reason without a internet connection or ignition key. I’ll find out when I get my new computer and upload 10
Yes, that's correct.

grueser3

18 Dec 2017

Thanks for the confirmation jwd606

Torranium

26 Jan 2018

Hello at all,
i have a question about the Ignition Key too.
If i authorized the ignition key, is it still possible to use the online authorisation if i need my USB-Port for something else ?
My MacBook Pro has only 2 USB-Ports.

Greets from Germany
Torranium

WongoTheSane

26 Jan 2018

Torranium wrote:
26 Jan 2018
Hello at all,
i have a question about the Ignition Key too.
If i authorized the ignition key, is it still possible to use the online authorisation if i need my USB-Port for something else ?
My MacBook Pro has only 2 USB-Ports.

Greets from Germany
Torranium
Yes, you can. You can also authorize your computer for offline use, so you have three auth methods at your disposal, which can be mixed any which way.

Oquasec

27 Jan 2018

Ilok and (codemeter specifically) did away with mandatory ignition half a decade ago if that is what you are asking.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

• Information