Reason 9.5 – VST in Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
RPSupport

28 Apr 2017

ryanharlin wrote:Image
Oh Ryan.... LOL :D

Olivier

28 Apr 2017

tronam wrote:Wow. I didn't expect this kind of development so soon. Reason has always been one of the most satisfying, creative music environments for me over the past 15 years, but some semblance of Kontakt support was my longest wish. Amazing. Will R9.5's VST implementation support multiple-output plugins?
Multiple outputs: yes.

also... multiple inputs...
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

decibel

28 Apr 2017

existing RE developers must be having some mixed emotions right now eh ?

tiker01

28 Apr 2017

footwords wrote:Some VSTs allow communication between themselves if they have multiple instances in the same song. Will this work in Reason? For example iZotpe's Neutron plugin can be put on guitar and vocals and then the two instances talk to each other to allow you to pinpoint frequency masking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mr-SWWfJ4A
Interesting question!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

miscend

28 Apr 2017

Will the RE SDK still get updates?

I don't think guys who make VST plugins as their main business like Synapse Audio and Rop Papen will bother with making REs now. What's the point.

manisnotabird

28 Apr 2017

Any have a good list of all-time best free VSTs to get me started with the beta testing?

strvcture

28 Apr 2017

This probably works with UAD plugins too. OMG! That's just amazing!! UAD in Reason... WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Propellerhead folks, you all are just awesome!!

tiker01

28 Apr 2017

miscend wrote:Will the RE SDK still get updates?

I don't think guys who make VST plugins as their main business like Synapse Audio and Rop Papen will bother with making REs now. What's the point.
It is quite a different user experience I imagine.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

miscend

28 Apr 2017

MattiasHG wrote:
Marc Swing wrote:Does it support 32 and 64 bit vst? like bitwig? and are the vst sandboxed?
Reason supports 64-bit plug-ins. There are third-party bridges that you can try.

We've implemented a limited crash protection system for VSTs that means we attempt to detect crashes in the VST and prevent the plugin from crashing Reason. Since VST plugins are third-party code, it is still possible to experience problems with plugins though.

Keep in mind that our VST support in Reason in itself doesn't make the application less stable if you don't have or use any VST plugins. :)
Is AU support going to come?

Oquasec

28 Apr 2017

using... external vst hosts... bypasses the need for...bitbridgers.
Rewire, supports all formats.
Emi, can use external devices period.

If props makes their own, it will be 64bit only vst plugs.
Which is still good enough and means you've only need one 32bit instance of minihost modular for those.
Unless they add a bitbridger in.

I'm split halfway about this. it would be a workflow saver if done right.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

miscend

28 Apr 2017

tiker01 wrote:

It is quite a different user experience I imagine.
I dunno. Looking at The Legend, Predator and the upcoming Spire. The main difference the RE and VST is the inclusion of CV.

Goriila Texas

28 Apr 2017

Game changer. Where are all the naysayers now??

plaamook

28 Apr 2017

Nay...
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Loque

28 Apr 2017

Tight sound
Reason’s patchable rack lets you route audio any way you want, and the new plugin delay compensation in Reason 9.5 keeps your sound in phase at all times.
I love it, i am excited, i am... yes I AM HORNY! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

decibel

28 Apr 2017

i wonder if this set of doors swing both ways and that somehow there is going to be an option soon that allows RE's to be opened in other daws ;)

Chizmata

28 Apr 2017

the day reason stopped to be what it was intended to be and became "another DAW". im out. everything after R6 was pointless or simply wrong and this is the conclusion of the developement. there is no point in using reason over any other DAW anymore.

tumar

28 Apr 2017

sonicbyte wrote:I'm in shock !!!!!! Amazing news !!!!! What will happen with RE format Mattias ?? Please don't kill it we invest so much on it.
RE is trash now... I can't wait to kick in my Virus TI and NI Komplete with Reason.

plaamook

28 Apr 2017

I dunno. I'm still into REs. Depends on what comes along. But they're now competing directly w VST's so no more random half assed cornered market stuff. It's not either or to me. It's just more.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Gulale

28 Apr 2017

My appreciation and big thanks also goes to Steinberg for making VST open source without you this wouldn't happen. Thank you!

Now you eat the value of open source!
Gulale aka Bereket

electrofux

28 Apr 2017

I am shocked. For me this is a double edged knife because it most likey have negative impact on the RE market. I wonder if reveal audio are feeling pissed off now. On the other hand i am delighted to have the option to buy and perfectly integrate Virus and the upcoming Digitakt which is something that makes me happy ;-)

RPSupport

28 Apr 2017

We are still making RE's(RP-EQ is in development) and will continue to do so.

There are still benefits of RE(much more immediate and fit with the Reason Rack ethos) just the same as there are benefits with the VST formats that you can't do in the Reason Rack.

;)

Ottostrom

28 Apr 2017

"How does the delay compensation work?
Some effects in a signal chain will introduce delay in the timing. With the delay compensation on, Reason will calculate the total delay in each signal path and adjust the timing of each discrete signal path accordingly, to assure perfectly timed, phase correct playback. The adjustment is automatic but can also be set manually for each mixer channel."
This was at the bottom of the Reason 9.5 page.
Last edited by Ottostrom on 28 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Goriila Texas

28 Apr 2017

I don't know if this has been mentioned already but I noticed audio in ports,can VSTi have audio to go thru them or was that a clip showing an effect?

borracho

28 Apr 2017

Wow! I can't believe it... I can put all my VST racks - Soundtoys Effect Rack, Softube Modular, Reaktor Blocks and modulate it with CV. And make their outputs via Audio, convert it to CV in Reason and modulate other synths!!! Just WOW!!! Thank Pheads!
Next stop is Reason as VST? So I can run Reason inside Reason LOL!

Oquasec

28 Apr 2017

So it was real guys. Anybody in the beta for it yet? stop holding out on details cuz I'm gettin reason 9 if it's legit.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

• Information