I Couldn't wait any longer. I am finally ugrading to Reason 9.2 right now. Goodbye Reason 8.3

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mreese80

08 Mar 2017

It was time. Image
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

Olivier

08 Mar 2017

Enjoy :D
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Karim
Competition Winner

08 Mar 2017

At last [emoji3][emoji3]

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

lowpryo

08 Mar 2017

I was waiting to upgrade from 8 to 10 but I keep having second thoughts and this doesn't help :( have fun though

mreese80

08 Mar 2017

Olivier wrote:Enjoy :D

I just decided to go ahead. I wasn't in no rush but i've really gotten a better understanding of reason. My mixes are better now. She's updated and rolling lol.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

tiker01

09 Mar 2017

I guess 10 is far away. I wouldn't be surprised if it would be more than a year away. Also I hope there will be more updates for 9 so just go ahead. You can now reverse MIDI automation, tube vocals have awesome Re-s like eXpanse, dark themes etc.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Djstarski

09 Mar 2017

mreese80 wrote:

I just decided to go ahead. I wasn't in no rush but i've really gotten a better understanding of reason. My mixes are better now. She's updated and rolling lol.

May i ask what was wrong with your mixes before ?

mreese80

09 Mar 2017

Djstarski wrote:
mreese80 wrote:

i wasn't doing things right. Actually, i never have. I never kept things from clipping. Never left head room. I never used mastering templates. The more i dug into reason the more i've learned. Reason is really like being in a studio. I remember going to Phat Buddah studio in St. Louis and tracking out my beats back in the day. They have a SSL. i remember the first seeing all of those knobs and saying "what the hell is all of that for". Basically i was just doing shit wrong as far as mixing. In every daw. But i decided to focus more on reason and figure out why i wasn't getting a good sound. It was my error and lack of knowledge. I understand things better is all. Reason's software was never the problem. It was me. That's all sir :D

Djstarski

09 Mar 2017

mreese80 wrote:
Djstarski wrote:
mreese80 wrote:

i wasn't doing things right. Actually, i never have. I never kept things from clipping. Never left head room. I never used mastering templates. The more i dug into reason the more i've learned. Reason is really like being in a studio. I remember going to Phat Buddah studio in St. Louis and tracking out my beats back in the day. They have a SSL. i remember the first seeing all of those knobs and saying "what the hell is all of that for". Basically i was just doing shit wrong as far as mixing. In every daw. But i decided to focus more on reason and figure out why i wasn't getting a good sound. It was my error and lack of knowledge. I understand things better is all. Reason's software was never the problem. It was me. That's all sir :D
thank you for your reply and i`m glad your getting the hang of mixing now . This should make life easier . Reason is a great program if you find the true beauty of it .

mreese80

09 Mar 2017

Djstarski wrote:
mreese80 wrote:
Djstarski wrote:
mreese80 wrote:

thank you for your reply and i`m glad your getting the hang of mixing now . This should make life easier . Reason is a great program if you find the true beauty of it .

Yea. I've been using reason since version 3. I didn't really start understanding what was going on in it until a year and a half ago. I really started catching on late in version 5. I just started getting great mixes a week and a half ago. I put a lot of time and effort into this daw. I was determined lol

Djstarski

09 Mar 2017

mreese80 wrote:
Djstarski wrote:
mreese80 wrote:
Djstarski wrote:
mreese80 wrote:

Yea. I've been using reason since version 3. I didn't really start understanding what was going on in it until a year and a half ago. I really started catching on late in version 5. I just started getting great mixes a week and a half ago. I put a lot of time and effort into this daw. I was determined lol
I spent most of my time learning how to mix . I started with how the old guys did it before digital came in to play . To me the new generation of music production equipment and software is overwhelming .

miscend

09 Mar 2017

Only for Reason 10 to be announced a month and a half later.

Creativemind

09 Mar 2017

I'm waiting till 10. It'll only be 6 months I reckon.

Found some interesting tutorials last night too that might be of interest:-

:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

ejanuska

09 Mar 2017

Aren't you glad? No more worrying about RE compatibility.

mreese80

09 Mar 2017

Djstarski wrote:
mreese80 wrote:
Djstarski wrote:
mreese80 wrote:
Djstarski wrote:
mreese80 wrote:

I spent most of my time learning how to mix . I started with how the old guys did it before digital came in to play . To me the new generation of music production equipment and software is overwhelming .
That's the way I'm mixing now. Like the old days. I really don't like these digital sounding mixes. That's one reason i love slate digital plugins. They give me that analog warmth. I wish reason had these plugins.

mreese80

09 Mar 2017

ejanuska wrote:Aren't you glad? No more worrying about RE compatibility.

I don't know about that. I've never bout any plugin rack extensions. None of them have interested me. I have fx re's though. I have way to many vts's and kontakt libraries. I just drag and drop into reason whatever i need. only takes 3 seconds.

etyrnal

09 Mar 2017

mreese80 wrote:It was time. Image
You will not regret it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

aisling

09 Mar 2017

I swore i'd hold out on 8.3.3 until ver 10, and secretly upgraded last month!

mreese80

09 Mar 2017

aisling wrote:I swore i'd hold out on 8.3.3 until ver 10, and secretly upgraded last month!
The only way i'll upgrade after this is if they add real time audio slicing. Otherwise i'm good here. I was good with 8 but i went ahead and jumped to 9

aisling

09 Mar 2017

mreese80 wrote:
aisling wrote:I swore i'd hold out on 8.3.3 until ver 10, and secretly upgraded last month!
The only way i'll upgrade after this is if they add real time audio slicing. Otherwise i'm good here. I was good with 8 but i went ahead and jumped to 9
Similar. I upgraded primarily because i'm using a 17 note foot midi controller for backing pads and arpeggiated effects, while playing guitar live, and the players allow me to create much easier sounds with less time investment.

mreese80

12 Mar 2017

etyrnal wrote:
mreese80 wrote:It was time. Image
You will not regret it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

It's very nice.

• Information