Ignore midi conflicts in reason 9.2

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
morphtek

26 Jan 2017

Im unable to find the ignore midi conflicts button in reason or it might have none ,in flstudio if you leave the "remove conflicts" unchecked
youre able to have one midi channel controling multiple things in reason i cant seem to do that ,or i dont know how ,if anyone can help thanks :)

Olivier

26 Jan 2017

Mapping 1 dial on your controller, to 2 parameters at once, is not possible.

But there might be other ways to still achieve the effect that you want. What is it ? :)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

morphtek

26 Jan 2017

i want to use leap motion and geco to control 16 midi channels live with hand movement but i cant connect one channel to multiple knobs :(

morphtek

26 Jan 2017

Also i cant find anywhere on props website ,report bugs feature

Olivier

26 Jan 2017

If you know how to setup a control surface with reason, you may have noticed it listens to all channels at once.
There is a codec (made by koshdukai) which listens to 1 channel at a time. I do not know wether it also supports midi control messages per channel, that you have to try. Koshdukai's midi channel aware remote codec is here : https://koshdukaimusicreason.blogspot.n ... emote.html

Now i don't know the leap motion, but there is a way to for example have midi CC 07 control several things at once. Get this free RE https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... generator/ Map the CC07 on to one of the knobs... and take CV out to whatever you want to control.

artotaku

26 Jan 2017

Olivier wrote:Mapping 1 dial on your controller, to 2 parameters at once, is not possible.

But there might be other ways to still achieve the effect that you want. What is it ? :)
It cannot be done in Reason using Remote Overrides or in the remotemap file (except for groups, but that´s special) but it can be achieved in a Remote codec by intercepting incoming MIDI from the controller and update one ore more remoteable items which can then be assigned to any controls on Reason devices. Requires programming a codec, though.

Olivier

26 Jan 2017

artotaku wrote:
Olivier wrote:Mapping 1 dial on your controller, to 2 parameters at once, is not possible.

It cannot be done in Reason using Remote Overrides or in the remotemap file (except for groups, but that´s special) but it can be achieved in a Remote codec by intercepting incoming MIDI from the controller and update one ore more remoteable items which can then be assigned to any controls on Reason devices. Requires programming a codec, though.
Oh yeah it can defenitely be done in the codec, but thats a bit like saying "have you tried putting it in a combinator" ? ;)

artotaku

26 Jan 2017

Olivier wrote:
artotaku wrote:

Oh yeah it can defenitely be done in the codec, but thats a bit like saying "have you tried putting it in a combinator" ? ;)
Yes, remembers me a bit of "You can do that with Thor", same old record. The Combinator, Thor and Codecs are our fallback strategies if all else fails ;-)

Raveshaper

26 Jan 2017

Just found this thread. I sent a PM to you on slack, Morphtek.

The DataBridge project does all of this and it's clear I need to write and publish my work.
Articles to come in the near future.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

• Information