Upgrading Reason Freom Hard Copy Question

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Purpleb

20 May 2016

Quick question for anyone who has done this or knows.
Ok I have some credit at musicians friend site.
They sell the Reason 8 upgrade there.
I want to use the credit and purchase the 8 upgrade from them.
I called and it is NOT an instant download.
So they will be sending me a hard copy.
I have been updating through Reason's site since I can remember (been years). I dont even think I have an ignition key anymore or if that is even used anymore.

So question is has anyone every upgraded recently from a hard copy and is it pretty straight forward? Do you need ignition key or anything special?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

20 May 2016

You should not have any problems, in fact you could download from the Reason site (https://www.propellerheads.se/download/reason8/) and wait the license number from the hard copy.
I just upgraded from 7 to 8 (oh yeah, does that upgrade include the free upgrade to Reason 9?) and was using it OK, I happened to be checking out my account on the PH site and I realised I did not update my ignition key, so I did update that (point is it was working without that being updated but I was online)..

Purpleb

21 May 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:You should not have any problems, in fact you could download from the Reason site (https://www.propellerheads.se/download/reason8/) and wait the license number from the hard copy.
Hey thanks for the answer. I just downloaded it. I totally forgot you can download the whole version like that (to demo).
I'll just wait till I get my hard copy with license number and I will be all set to go! :thumbs_up:

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:I just upgraded from 7 to 8 (oh yeah, does that upgrade include the free upgrade to Reason 9?) and was using it OK, I happened to be checking out my account on the PH site and I realised I did not update my ignition key, so I did update that (point is it was working without that being updated but I was online)..
Just checked out Musician's Friend site and it does state "Free Upgrade To Reason 9 When Released." :puf_smile:

Thanks again!!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

21 May 2016

Exactly, you can start playing with it in demo mode to get a feel for things, if you have a stable system you could start writing songs but never close the song or app down, of course you won't have access to open songs or use RE's...

• Information