Novation SL MK3 & Reason in 2023?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
loungepuppy

04 Dec 2023

Dear fellow Reason users. My Nektar Panorama P6 has given up on me after 9 years or so.
Specifically, the pitch bend wheel is going crazy sending pitch ben data on it's own. I disbled PW-data in reason but I find I actually really miss having it.
I did look inte trying to repair it but I am not that technical and I have some spare cash to use so...
I have been happy with the P6. There are a few things that make me want to go fot the Novation SL MK3 instead of just ordering a new P6
- Something at bit more up to date than the P6.
- Seems many like the keybed and overall build quality of the SL MK 3 better.
- I wouldn't mind having access to hardware ARP function.

But...
Although I am not using the Reason integration with the P6 that much it is nice to have access to some controlls for Reason instruments (Thx for the Remote Maps project!).

Any of you that can tell me a bit about using the SL MK3 with Reason these days? Any of you have both or switched?
Reason 12, Focusrite 2i2, Broken P6

Best,
Loungepuppy

SebAudio

04 Dec 2023

It’s a great controller with a good keybed (to my taste). Reason support could be better, you have to write your remote file yourself to enjoy it. But that can be said about nearly every controller.

loungepuppy

04 Dec 2023

Good to hear! I have been lucky to get the Poohbear remote files for the Panorama but I guess I will have to learn to do something on my own then.

• Information