Please HELP! Setting up M-Audio Code 49 in Reason 10

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Dusk Zero

04 Aug 2023

I got a new computer and can't set up my code 49, which worked on my old computer in the same version of Reason.

There is a complicated way of setting it up , I followed these instructions (link at the bottom) last time and it worked, where I would set up the keyboard as Other and make it a usb midi, and then set up a mackie controller as Mackie HUI.

Problem is Reason does not give me the option for "usb midi" or "makie hui". it just sees the code 49 and that is the only option I can select.

The keyboard itself works but I dont have the transport controls so my play/pause/record buttons just play notes. Additionally there is no option to change those buttons in the M-Audio app that lets you customize all the other buttons/knobs.

If I just select code 49 for both everything stops working.

I have no idea why Reason is not giving me those options, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Screenshot attached

r/reasoners - Setting up M-Audio Code 49 in Reason 10
https://www.google.com/search?q=code+49 ... -Awz-FUGrE
Attachments
Code 49.png
Code 49.png (625.32 KiB) Viewed 1614 times

Arpeg
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2023

I have this written down plus I automated the buttons to respond with on/off. I'll be back later today and explain, got work.

Arpeg
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2023

Are you on Mac? I use Windows but what you state above is correct and that is how I 'used' my Code. So I presume you do this : MIDI Control Keyboard/MIDI Input = MIDIIN2

Control
Input = MIDIIN3
Output = MIDIOUT3

I used this before RS added the codecs for the Code series

fullforce

11 Aug 2023

Code 49 means that it became self aware.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Dusk Zero

12 Aug 2023

@Arpeg thanks man, that actually worked!

Arpeg
Competition Winner

09 May 2024

Dusk Zero wrote:
12 Aug 2023
@Arpeg thanks man, that actually worked!
Blimey, I'm so bad at replying to notifications.. The community here is nice so I just tend to float in n' out
Really pleased that worked for ya :)

My Code started to malfunction so got rid of it but really liked it. I had ignored assigning Midi for years instead using USB plug n' play. So, had to fathom out how to get the switches/buttons to respond to on/off on the Combinator(2) or anything.

Based on the Code49 : Press EDIT, press the switch/button you want to assign on the Code controller like B1, B2, B3 etc, press Control Assign (C1), input midi value 146 with the arrow keys in the digital display above the transport controls, press DATA1 (F#1) and add a midi value above 64 that is not being used, press DATA2 (G#1) add a midi value below 64 that is not being used, press DATA3 add a midi value above 64 not being used, press ENTER (C3)

Here is the Code Series User Guide. The Midi Number charts you need for buttons are on Pages 107/8
[url]file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/CodeSeries-UserGuide-v1.3.pdf[/url]
If that doesn't work then try this, again pages 107/8) :
https://archive.org/details/M-AudioCode ... 7/mode/2up

I stuck to the 'General Purpose' and 'Controller' Midi numbers when assigning the values above which worked for me.. All that just for on/off! :thumbup:

Easy

• Information