Free Cakewalk CA-2A for a limited time!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
QVprod

15 Oct 2016

Here's the link. http://www.cakewalk.com/products/CA-2A/ ... ium=Social

The amount of paid plugins one can get for free (legally) is amazing! :D

FlowerSoldier

15 Oct 2016

Good Lookin' out QV thanks! I'm a little hesitant because of the Cakewalk Control Center install requirement, but I'm going to do it anyways.

ljekio

15 Oct 2016

Waiting for RE2A!!!
I can sign petition for it :)

sdst
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2016

:) this is great thanks, waiting for the RE version

joeyluck

15 Oct 2016

Not sure they would give away the RE version. That is their only RE product. And seeing as their promotion is likely to pull people towards their other products (all of which are in their own shop), there wouldn't be anything else of Cakewalk's to buy in the Propellerhead shop. That's just the way I see it.

cosignsessions

15 Oct 2016

Thanks for the link!

adfielding

15 Oct 2016

Very nice! I love the RE-2A, this is a very nice treat. Thanks for the heads up!

Creativemind

15 Oct 2016

Nice one. Looking forward to using this.

Although it doesn't work on FL Studio. I wonder if it's because it says 64 bit version and my FL is (I think) 32 bit but not sure. I have tried re-installing it and selecting 32 bit windows off the list but not showing up on FL Studio.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

guckzilla

15 Oct 2016

I don't think you will need to install command center. After register your account you can download only CA-2A installer in your cakewalk account page.

tumar

16 Oct 2016

guckzilla wrote:I don't think you will need to install command center. After register your account you can download only CA-2A installer in your cakewalk account page.
But it will be in demo mode. You can't authotize plugin without command center.

ljekio

16 Oct 2016

tumar wrote:
guckzilla wrote:I don't think you will need to install command center. After register your account you can download only CA-2A installer in your cakewalk account page.
Choose offline activation and use serial and code from account.

Soft Enerji

16 Oct 2016

As a long standing Bakers fanboy I'd recommend this piece of kit to anyone! I own it and use it heaps, so to get it for free is awesome! To anyone concerned about Command Center....don't be...it works.

Obviously Cakewalk are plugging for new business and for anyone looking for a new DAW you could do a hell of a lot worse. And the fact that if you get the Platinum version you will never pay for another upgrade.....ever....seriously...ever.....they really should be paying me for this..............

sdst
Competition Winner

16 Oct 2016

basically for Cakewalk the reason users are not important

this is how I see this.

Goriila Texas

16 Oct 2016

Creativemind wrote:Nice one. Looking forward to using this.

Although it doesn't work on FL Studio. I wonder if it's because it says 64 bit version and my FL is (I think) 32 bit but not sure. I have tried re-installing it and selecting 32 bit windows off the list but not showing up on FL Studio.

You need to do a rescan and FL runs 32/64 plug bridge.

tumar

16 Oct 2016

ljekio wrote:
tumar wrote:
You can't do that with plugin CA-2A, it has no such option to load any key file. It works only with synths and DAW.
https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowle ... Activation

Creativemind

16 Oct 2016

Goriila Texas wrote:
Creativemind wrote:Nice one. Looking forward to using this.

You need to do a rescan and FL runs 32/64 plug bridge.
Done that.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Marco Raaphorst

16 Oct 2016

for me the form doesn't work under Safari, Firefox and Chrome....

stega

16 Oct 2016

Their command centre installer on the mac asks for your computers password - not via the systems own secure 'enter your password' dialog, but using their own dialog. This is a really dodgy thing to do! It allows them to store your computers password and potentially send it back to their servers. Even if they are a completely trustworthy company (something they have yet to prove to me), its still an incredibly shortsighted and unnecessary thing to do.

guckzilla

16 Oct 2016

tumar wrote:
ljekio wrote:
tumar wrote:
You can't do that with plugin CA-2A, it has no such option to load any key file. It works only with synths and DAW.
I not have a chance to look into it yet but someone said about import/export key file menu on the CA-2A gui.
Don't know it available on your CA-2A or not.

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 5#p6586845

sycon

16 Oct 2016

tumar wrote:
ljekio wrote:
tumar wrote:
I just activated my copy offline. Click on the small arrow/triangle in the top right corner of the plugin, and you will find the export and import options.

Marco Raaphorst

16 Oct 2016

stega wrote:Their command centre installer on the mac asks for your computers password - not via the systems own secure 'enter your password' dialog, but using their own dialog. This is a really dodgy thing to do! It allows them to store your computers password and potentially send it back to their servers. Even if they are a completely trustworthy company (something they have yet to prove to me), its still an incredibly shortsighted and unnecessary thing to do.
super weird!!!

QVprod

16 Oct 2016

Marco Raaphorst wrote:for me the form doesn't work under Safari, Firefox and Chrome....
Odd... Chrome gave me issues but Safari worked. I'm on Mavericks though. Maybe Safari had other updates in later OS versions?

tumar

16 Oct 2016

sycon wrote: I just activated my copy offline. Click on the small arrow/triangle in the top right corner of the plugin, and you will find the export and import options.
I missed that! Thank you!

Gulale

17 Oct 2016

Anybody gets fatal error on Studio one 3 pro? but it works on Harrison mixbus32c. This is weird, After I open the plugin in Mixbus and retry in Studio one it went ok.
Gulale aka Bereket

• Information