Free Cakewalk CA-2A for a limited time!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Marco Raaphorst

19 Oct 2016

mataya wrote:Maybe I should of said, I'm not hearing saturation as I like it to sound and even the compression is way of my liking. I'm using uad la2a since it got released and the new versions since they got released. So far no one came close, again, in my liking.
My day job is a mixing engineer working with dialogue in post production. I've been doing this for over 10 years and also have quite some music released and available trough beatport. So by now I learned to trust my own judgement.
I'm always trying new stuff, comparing and hoping to catch something that would improve my sound as an engineer.
I'm just not hearing cakewalk la2a improving my sound in anyway. For me, this one stays on my "don't bother" list.
I'm pretty sure people will have completely oposite expirience and saying I'm wrong. I'm ok with that...to each his own.

tx
M
yes probably a matter of taste.

miscend

19 Oct 2016

Kush Audio’s Gregory Scott opionion is that it doesn't sound like the real thing:

"The CA-2A is a very useful tool, but I’d have to respectfully say that of all the things it’s not, it’s not an LA-2A. You can clearly hear that the attack is fast, fast enough that it reminds me of typical plugin comps that behave like classic VCA comps (SSL and DBX being the most ubiquitous). It makes the drums sound ‘spanked’ and aggressively punchy… this is a very cool sound, but it’s not an LA-2A, and tests on various other sources confirmed that it’s simply a fast-ish limiter with a nice punch. Also, much like the original LA-2A plugin released by UA many moons ago, it makes no attempt to model the distortions, so turning up the Gain knob simply makes things louder. Again, this is a cool tool, but if you’re after the geniune LA-2A magic, it’s not in the same vein as the other models here." http://www.attackmagazine.com/features/ ... -hardware/

fieldframe
RE Developer

19 Oct 2016

It is interesting that on Cakewalk's Facebook page, they've said several times now that they're "working on" adding the RE to the promo, but that it seems to be slow-going. There's some guy who just can't stop posting a quote from Mattias to the effect that vendors can change their price at any time (contrary to the odd mention of "talking with Propellerhead"), and the most recent response from Cakewalk is "can't promise anything, but it's looking good."

My guess is that someone is talking to someone else to see if they can temporarily change the price, but it's all inside Cakewalk's offices. Probably a business manager who only signed off on the AU/VST, and a marketing manager who's trying to get in touch with or convince them to also sign off on the RE (the joys of working at a medium-sized company).

Alternative theory: Since it's been awhile since Cakewalk released their one RE, maybe nobody at Cakewalk remembers who has the login to Cakewalk's Propellerhead account!

Ostermilk

19 Oct 2016

fieldframe wrote:
Alternative theory: Since it's been awhile since Cakewalk released their one RE, maybe nobody at Cakewalk remembers who has the login to Cakewalk's Propellerhead account!
:lol: :puf_bigsmile:

How to get the most 'saturation' from a single plug-in?... Give it away for free on all platforms.

joeyluck

19 Oct 2016

Ostermilk wrote:
fieldframe wrote:
:lol: :puf_bigsmile:
Y'all must not have been tuned in during the time I got them to match the sale price. What you are saying isn't far from the probable truth.

I had one person tell me that Propellerhead could possibly discount it for me (and they were the only ones who could do it). Sounds like the person on Facebook isn't aware of internal decisions etc.

Goriila Texas

19 Oct 2016

QVprod wrote:
Goriila Texas wrote:
QVprod wrote:
Goriila Texas wrote:Can anybody else use it without being demo mode before I delete it?
Yeah it works. full version. You sure you finished authorizing it? I did notice some people had some issues installing on windows. On Mac I just used the cakewalk command center.
I don't really know because I never put the serial numbers in but I was never prompt by the plug-in as usual. Also,when I go to command center cake walk it says demo.
Command center should look like this. 'Demo Products' is actually a tab that includes demos to Rapture Pro and Z3TA.

Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 11.31.09 AM.png
Working now thanks.

yeahright31

19 Oct 2016

Nice find, I have that DynaRage Tube compressor RE, but a free CA-2A would be sweet.

Marco Raaphorst

20 Oct 2016

I believe Cakewalk needs to learn about security.

It's so silly that the plugin needs your osx admin password. They won't respond on Twitter. Evil.

tattootroy

26 Oct 2016

Is it free yet?

Electric-Metal

26 Oct 2016

:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

QVprod

26 Oct 2016

tattootroy wrote:Is it free yet?
The plugin has been free for the last two weeks and will be up until Oct 31st.

If you're referring to the RE version, click the link in the first post and sign up using the same email that you use for your Propellerhead account. Make sure you choose Reason as your primary DAW and you should have a license by the end of the month. (you'll also get the plugin version immediately)

tattootroy

26 Oct 2016

seems they made it free to RE too
but will get email here is what the Facebook page said for cakewalk.

"Cakewalk Software" Fill out the form and make sure you choose Reason as your DAW, and that the email you provide is the same as the one you use for your Propellerheads account. Then, you'll receive the RE-2A in your Propellerheads account within a couple of weeks, possibly even sooner
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 18.29.11.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 18.29.11.jpg (46.04 KiB) Viewed 2159 times

tattootroy

26 Oct 2016

Any one got it. if so how long did it took to receive the licence ?

joeyluck

26 Oct 2016

tattootroy wrote:Any one got it. if so how long did it took to receive the licence ?
Please see to the other thread:
You will find answers to all of your questions there ;)

Sandstorm2016

06 Nov 2016

I've just downloaded,installed command centre etc but can't get Reason 9 to recognise it. Any help would be appreciated.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

06 Nov 2016

Sandstorm2016 wrote:I've just downloaded,installed command centre etc but can't get Reason 9 to recognise it. Any help would be appreciated.
You only need to complete the Calewalk form using the same email address you use on your Propellerhead Software account and select Reason as your DAW. Propellerhead will then deposit the Rack Extension into your Reason account.
ImageImageImage

moneykube

06 Nov 2016

Sandstorm2016 wrote:I've just downloaded,installed command centre etc but can't get Reason 9 to recognise it. Any help would be appreciated.
log into prop it will show up undrer your products, rack extensions.... when they transfer your rack to your account.... this can take a few days to a week for them to do.... then you download it like any re from props,,,, command center is for vst, au versions in other daws... once you go through process register with same email as prop account and select reason as daw.... then firstly you get non reason versions... after a period of time they eventually add it to your prop account using said email to find you at prop site.... if you have other daws check in there for now.... command center installs non reason versions
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Sandstorm2016

06 Nov 2016

Thanks very much. Wish they'd say that at time of registration. Guess I'll just wait for it to turn up then.

joeyluck

06 Nov 2016

I am locking this thread for now as the other thread pertains specifically to the Rack Extension and overall has more information and conversation relating to the Rack Extension and the process. It has been linked here several times and I feel more people will find the answers they are after faster if they view and read that thread. Too many threads with people asking the same questions, so making it easier on everyone :)

• Information