Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

04 Jul 2016

arqui wrote:Hi all
there is someone working on the Ph Drummer´s series?

regards
Alfredo
I'm not however I have not tried them yet so I could if not one else is doing them...

dagwood

05 Jul 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
dagwood wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:Players for Reason 9 mapped.
PanoramaPlayers.txt
With the Dual Arpeggio knob 1 is mapped to Gate Length and the Fader Buttons are mapped to toggle options.
Hello,

I just bought I Panorama P4 and want to use your maps instead of the ones that Nektar Tech just updated. But when I go into my Notepad, there's a bunch of info that seems different compared to other Remote maps posted (The Begin and End of Script stuff, etc). Do I copy and paste all contents from your file at the end of my "Panorama.remotemap" file?

Thanks!
Notepad is not the best thing to use as you can lose the white spaces (tabs etc).

I use vbsedit due to it's snippet features, Professional Notepad is a popular one.

Anything with a // is a comment, I use the Begin and End comments as it easily identifies the mapping when merged with the main mapping file (some mappings are over 1000 lines long).

Yes you can just add the mappings to the end.

Note: Please remember to remove the existing mapping if it exists in the Panorama.remotemap file if not you will get duplication errors (Red cross next to the controller, the Info button will tell you want errors you have).
Thanks - I actually use Programmer's Notepad. I just needed to know what to not copy in your text file. I tried it "as-is" and it didn't work. Anyway, will try copying just the data outside of your "//" marks.

Cheers!!

arqui

05 Jul 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
arqui wrote:Hi all
there is someone working on the Ph Drummer´s series?

regards
Alfredo
I'm not however I have not tried them yet so I could if not one else is doing them...
Lizard work in the first drummer's Re and ad it in your remote map file, the others not map but only change the Drum kit selector in Source section and some buttons in mix section, the rest is the same.
Thanks Poohbear...
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Jul 2016

dagwood wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
dagwood wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:Players for Reason 9 mapped.
PanoramaPlayers.txt
With the Dual Arpeggio knob 1 is mapped to Gate Length and the Fader Buttons are mapped to toggle options.
Hello,

I just bought I Panorama P4 and want to use your maps instead of the ones that Nektar Tech just updated. But when I go into my Notepad, there's a bunch of info that seems different compared to other Remote maps posted (The Begin and End of Script stuff, etc). Do I copy and paste all contents from your file at the end of my "Panorama.remotemap" file?

Thanks!
Notepad is not the best thing to use as you can lose the white spaces (tabs etc).

I use vbsedit due to it's snippet features, Professional Notepad is a popular one.

Anything with a // is a comment, I use the Begin and End comments as it easily identifies the mapping when merged with the main mapping file (some mappings are over 1000 lines long).

Yes you can just add the mappings to the end.

Note: Please remember to remove the existing mapping if it exists in the Panorama.remotemap file if not you will get duplication errors (Red cross next to the controller, the Info button will tell you want errors you have).
Thanks - I actually use Programmer's Notepad. I just needed to know what to not copy in your text file. I tried it "as-is" and it didn't work. Anyway, will try copying just the data outside of your "//" marks.

Cheers!!
You should just be able to copy the whole lot in, I take it you removed the old code out if you are using the remote mapping file from Nektar?

dagwood

06 Jul 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote: You should just be able to copy the whole lot in, I take it you removed the old code out if you are using the remote mapping file from Nektar?
I'm using the Remote file from Nektar from the previous update. I have so many modified/added RE's from this thread, I didn't want to start over with the latest Nektar Remote file from their buggy update.

Can't I just add the Players text from your post and add it to my old Remote file?

iramrezso

06 Jul 2016

dagwood wrote: Can't I just add the Players text from your post and add it to my old Remote file?
You should.

BarryEvil

06 Jul 2016

dagwood wrote:
BarryEvil wrote:A mapping for the McDSP FutzBox
Hello,

This map is not working correctly. When you change patches, the "Sim Type" display incorrectly on the Panorama's display. The name seems to stay 1 name behind.
Are you referring to the top right corner of the Panorama display? Because the top left shows the last parameter to be manually changed and the top right shows the value it was changed to - not necessarily the current value of that parameter, as this area of the display doesn't change when you switch patches, only when you move a controller. This is normal Panorama display behaviour and nothing to do with the mapping.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2016

dagwood wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote: You should just be able to copy the whole lot in, I take it you removed the old code out if you are using the remote mapping file from Nektar?
I'm using the Remote file from Nektar from the previous update. I have so many modified/added RE's from this thread, I didn't want to start over with the latest Nektar Remote file from their buggy update.

Can't I just add the Players text from your post and add it to my old Remote file?
Did you get it working?

dagwood

13 Jul 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
dagwood wrote:

Did you get it working?
Unfortunately no. :(

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2016

dagwood wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
dagwood wrote:

Did you get it working?
Unfortunately no. :(
PM me your remotemap file and I will add the players for you?

dagwood

15 Jul 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote: PM me your remotemap file and I will add the players for you?
Thanks so much! I'll do that this weekend.

dagwood

23 Jul 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:PM me your remotemap file and I will add the players for you?
Hello,

I sent you the file a bit ago. Did you get it?

Cheers

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

24 Jul 2016

dagwood wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:PM me your remotemap file and I will add the players for you?
Hello,

I sent you the file a bit ago. Did you get it?

Cheers
Just got back (2hrs ago) from a holiday, looking at it now...keep an eye on your PM...

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

25 Jul 2016

I posted this on another thread:

How to control and record the "Players" at the same time of playing the instrument live (together)

From the Control Surfaces tab:-
Add, other, Midi Keyboard (No Controls), Midi Input (I selected "Panorama P4").

I then can lock that Midi surface controller to Instrument (right click the instrument and select from the menu, just make sure you are not right clicking on a control) and then select the player as normal.

Hit record will record the midi from both the instrument and the player..

OverneathTheSkyBridg

29 Aug 2016

First off I want to thank Lizard and everyone else in this thread for what you guys and girls are doing. It is obviously working for people but for some reason it's not working for me for the following: Has anyone else had any difficulty using the remote maps file as posted on page one of this thread? I continually get an error everytime I've tried to use it. I've backed up the original (thank God) and went ahead to use this remote map file and I continuously get errors at line 54,179 or something like that. I've literally just renamed the downloaded file to what was required and that's what's come up. Should this file work directly out of the box or is there something else I have to do?

arqui

29 Aug 2016

Hi Lizard can you update the map for A-List Acoustic Guitarist for 2.0
Thanks
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2016

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:First off I want to thank Lizard and everyone else in this thread for what you guys and girls are doing. It is obviously working for people but for some reason it's not working for me for the following: Has anyone else had any difficulty using the remote maps file as posted on page one of this thread? I continually get an error everytime I've tried to use it. I've backed up the original (thank God) and went ahead to use this remote map file and I continuously get errors at line 54,179 or something like that. I've literally just renamed the downloaded file to what was required and that's what's come up. Should this file work directly out of the box or is there something else I have to do?
What are the errors? (As I have just downloaded and fired up my Nektar without any errors)

Regards
Carly (PoohBear)

OverneathTheSkyBridg

30 Aug 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:First off I want to thank Lizard and everyone else in this thread for what you guys and girls are doing. It is obviously working for people but for some reason it's not working for me for the following: Has anyone else had any difficulty using the remote maps file as posted on page one of this thread? I continually get an error everytime I've tried to use it. I've backed up the original (thank God) and went ahead to use this remote map file and I continuously get errors at line 54,179 or something like that. I've literally just renamed the downloaded file to what was required and that's what's come up. Should this file work directly out of the box or is there something else I have to do?
What are the errors? (As I have just downloaded and fired up my Nektar without any errors)

Regards
Carly (PoohBear)
Hey Carly thanks for the reply! I'm going to re-attempt to get the Reason Talk Panorama file from the first page of this forum. I'll give a step by step of my results as I go through them.

Just downloaded the Unofficial P Series Map file as linked to a dropbox from the first page.

Copied the Panorama.remotemap into the appropriate /Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Nektar/ directory, while making a backup of the original.

Reason has been closed this whole time, so now I'm going to try to open it. My Nektar Panorama is already on and ready. Its likely that I'll have to turn it off and on a few times before Reason recognizes it, which is a regular occurence.

Reason started no problem, but as I mentioned before it doesn't see the Nektar yet. Turn off and on once. Nothing. Turn off and on twice. Now I got a rainbow wheel. Wait like a half a minute and I'm in, with full Panorama connectivity.

Wait a sec, that's weird. It actually works. Or seems to anyways. I wonder what I missed last time around? Seems like everything's fine. I guess I could cancel sending this but it could benefit others. :)

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2016

Always worth a post for others :)

however
What OS version are you running?
What Reason version are you running?

I run Windows 7 with Reason 7 (and 9) and another machine with Windows 10 and Reason 9.
My Windows 10 and Reason 9 can be slow detecting the Nektar (but not all the time every now and then it takes 30 seconds).

FYI: If you had Reason running and you install/update the mappings all you have to do is untick the Nektar controller from within Reason and select it again for the new maps to become available (there should be no need to restart Reason or the Nektar controller).

BarryEvil

30 Aug 2016

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote: Hey Carly thanks for the reply! I'm going to re-attempt to get the Reason Talk Panorama file from the first page of this forum. I'll give a step by step of my results as I go through them.

Just downloaded the Unofficial P Series Map file as linked to a dropbox from the first page.

Copied the Panorama.remotemap into the appropriate /Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Nektar/ directory, while making a backup of the original.

Reason has been closed this whole time, so now I'm going to try to open it. My Nektar Panorama is already on and ready. Its likely that I'll have to turn it off and on a few times before Reason recognizes it, which is a regular occurence.

Reason started no problem, but as I mentioned before it doesn't see the Nektar yet. Turn off and on once. Nothing. Turn off and on twice. Now I got a rainbow wheel. Wait like a half a minute and I'm in, with full Panorama connectivity.

Wait a sec, that's weird. It actually works. Or seems to anyways. I wonder what I missed last time around? Seems like everything's fine. I guess I could cancel sending this but it could benefit others. :)
If I was having the problems you've described here, I'd try a different USB cable and/or port.

OverneathTheSkyBridg

31 Aug 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:Always worth a post for others :)

however
What OS version are you running?
What Reason version are you running?

I run Windows 7 with Reason 7 (and 9) and another machine with Windows 10 and Reason 9.
My Windows 10 and Reason 9 can be slow detecting the Nektar (but not all the time every now and then it takes 30 seconds).

FYI: If you had Reason running and you install/update the mappings all you have to do is untick the Nektar controller from within Reason and select it again for the new maps to become available (there should be no need to restart Reason or the Nektar controller).
Using OSX El Capitan and Reason 8.3. Glad it works now!

BarryEvil

12 Sep 2016

Blamsoft Expanse Hyperwave

Use the Data Controller to switch between the individual Oscillators/LFOs/Envelopes/Effects and the RE display will update to match.

I wasn't able to map the harmonics, sequencer steps or effects ordering.
Attachments
Expanse.remotemap.txt
(47.77 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

EnochLight

12 Sep 2016

BarryEvil wrote:Blamsoft Expanse Hyperwave

Use the Data Controller to switch between the individual Oscillators/LFOs/Envelopes/Effects and the RE display will update to match.

Nice; thanks!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

12 Sep 2016

I was just about to release my version of this..

I have the faders and upper knobs mapped as well..

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

12 Sep 2016

You have a bug that I have been working on the last couple of days, With the units Sec/Div, so currently on screen I have the units on Div your mappings show Sec and not Div and vice versa if I then select the Sync button..

• Information