Audio problem with MOTU M4

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
edx500

17 Apr 2023

Hello everyone
Now I've had the MOTU M4 interface for close to two years and it's been working just fine all that time. On Saturday when I booted up my computer there was no sound! After checking some things, I discovered my VST instruments worked and my Reason DAW also made sounds. Nothing Windows related seems to have sound. Not You Tube or Facebook. Anything browser related including Windows Media player. Just wondering if someone can give me some ideas to troubleshoot this problem? :thumbs_up:
Thanks
Ed

jam-s

17 Apr 2023

A possible cause might have been a windows update. Sometimes those change the audio configuration. Check everything step by step as there might be something set to the lowest volume, or to a wrong output, or muted, or disabled.

Stamatz

19 Apr 2023

Hi there,
I also have a M4. Have you tried to reinstall the drivers and firmware?
Check the Motu software fro any updates or even goto the Motu website to see if there are any updates for the M4 which yoiu haven't repviously installed.
Other than that, it's probably windows related.
Nektar P4, Alesis VX49, Roland DJ-202, Korg DS-8, Casio RZ-1, Epiphone Guitar, MOTU M4, Samson BT Monitors. Twin Displays. AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon 6800XT,

Stamatz

19 Apr 2023

Hi there,
I also have a M4. Have you tried to reinstall the drivers and firmware?
Check the Motu software for any updates or even goto the Motu website to see if there are any updates for the M4 which yoiu haven't repviously installed.
Other than that, it's probably windows related.
Nektar P4, Alesis VX49, Roland DJ-202, Korg DS-8, Casio RZ-1, Epiphone Guitar, MOTU M4, Samson BT Monitors. Twin Displays. AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon 6800XT,

• Information