Help in Choose Monitors

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Tom_Har

24 Oct 2016

Hello guys i am planing to buy new monitors for my small studio.I was reading reviews and i made decision that i will buy either Adam F5 or Yamaha HS7
So if you can help me by comment which is better by your opinion. Thanks guys :)

Kronos

24 Oct 2016

Have you considered Genelec?

OldGoat

24 Oct 2016

A good friend of mine has a pair of the Adam F5 and he is very happy with it, I haven't heard them yet, but the F5 is also according to many reviews one of the best for that price. The Yamaha HS7 is also a good choice, but depending on the kind of music you make, you might need an additional subwoover.

Genelec plays in a different class, in the "worst case"you can put a 9 after the last 9 of the price of the F5 or HS7 if you want them, they must be amazing, did not have the change to hear them yet...

Tom_Har

24 Oct 2016

Right now im using only headphones ATH-m50x and it sounds good, but i wanna hear it on monitors how it sounds :) So i was thinking same to buy Adams for small home studio and newbie i think its ok :D I didnt hear any of this monitors, so im buying only what i know from reviews :) Thanks guys for advices.

Last Alternative

27 Oct 2016

I have the HS5's. Go with Yamaha--absolutely clean and fantastic. There's enough bass for me to not want a sub. Bad idea if your studio room isn't perfectly acoustically treated.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Djstarski

27 Oct 2016

yamaha hs7 would be my choice . it gives you a little extra bass 43hz - 30khz where as the adam f5 are 52hz - 50khz .

side note . why they make speakers that go pass 20khz i don`t know 30khz ? , 50khz ??
Last edited by Djstarski on 27 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Olivier

27 Oct 2016

Go to a store, take with you some music you know really well, listen and let your ears decide.

Things I listen for:
Definition of low frequencies (absence of mud).
Clarity in hig without being overhyped.
Stereo image.
Size of sweet spot.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Gulale

27 Oct 2016

I would rather have a budget studio monitor with highly treated room than a 2000 dollar monitor with a crappy room. Right now I have changed my monitor to persons Sceptre and Im loving it.
Gulale aka Bereket

Noplan
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2016

Tom_Har wrote:Hello guys i am planing to buy new monitors for my small studio.I was reading reviews and i made decision that i will buy either Adam F5 or Yamaha HS7
So if you can help me by comment which is better by your opinion. Thanks guys :)
I have won the F5 from Adam and they are good, but not as good as their Ax5.

I use the F5 in combination with the Sub10 https://www.thomann.de/de/swissonic_sub ... GwodUygFuQ
This is a good cheap combination.

By the way Thomann has some cheap pairs of Monitors from Swissonic https://www.thomann.de/de/swissonic_asm ... c_350076_2

i have bought the asm5 for a friend and they are as good as Yamaha HS50 but for the half price. 179 € for a pair active monitors with good quality and good sound. You should check them out if they are available in your country.

Noplan
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2016

Gulale wrote:I would rather have a budget studio monitor with highly treated room than a 2000 dollar monitor with a crappy room.
and you're darn right!

XysteR

27 Oct 2016

I've just been through all of this. After wading through endless reviews for days on end, it boiled down to Neumann KH120. I've been in stores listening to Adam, Genelec etc they sounded too 'coloured' to me in one way or another. Nothing touched the KH120s for clarity and a completely flat frequency response - which ideally is exactly what you want. Check out the reviews for Neumann KH120 you'll see what I mean. They're pricey, but I won't ever have to replace them so they'll last me for years to come. Avoid KRK Rokits, they tell more lies that a cheap watch.

• Information