Introducing DrumBRUTE by Arturia

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
O1B

07 Oct 2016

1. 17 Pure analog drum sounds
2. 64 patterns with up to 64 steps
3. 16 Songs - Make your own song by chaining up to sixteen patterns.
4. Swing - Swing can be global or per drum.
5. Randomness - Randomness can be applied to all instruments globally or to individual tracks.
6. Output filter - LPF/HPF The Steiner-Parker filter
7. Sync to the world
DrumBrute can sync to external MIDI devices, vintage sequencers using DIN sync, modular synths with 1PPS clock and to a computer via USB.
8. Headphone outputs
9. Individual outputs
You can listen to and mix all your drums via the MIX output or you can remove them from the mix by connecting to the individual outs.
10. Connectivity - With USB, MIDI, and our trademark clock & DIN sync I/O,
11. Power input - 12V DC input

12. $449. Wow!

Very Nice, Indeed.

O1B

08 Oct 2016

This is too good to be True.
Ordered. Drum section complete. …. Tr-8., TR-09, DrumBrute, Kat KTMP1, OctaPad, and WaveDrum.
Three fer' home; three fer' the Road…. All in one crate for $2-2500.

except for my future set of the Roland TD-50s…. one can Dream…

-008'

08 Oct 2016

Thanks for posting this, I hadn't seen it yet. And it looks freaking awesome! :D

How the heck do they cram all that in at that price point? Good on em
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

miscend

08 Oct 2016

Nice!

chk071

08 Oct 2016

I think the knobs should be even more blinky blinky, and more colours. If that will be the case, i'll be happy to shell out 1.000 € more for it!
:reason: :rebirth:

Faastwalker

09 Oct 2016

Arturia are killing it! Certainly making Roland look ridiculous with their Boutique VA nonsense.

Apparently this is going to be £399! Sold to me ;) Can't wait. Looks like a lot of fun.

O1B

10 Oct 2016

"Boutique VA nonsense."

Have you ever heard them? played with them. ...Felt the depth…? Propbably not. I made the same mistake with the Volcas. Then I tried them... keeping the Sampler n FM. … and, Kick when it comes.

If you're buying soft synths to hide from the wife…. the Boutiques'd aren't for you… i get that… Condolences.

And about the DBrute…. it doesn't replace a 909 or 808… that's a joke… but it'll augment them real well.

Faastwalker wrote:Arturia are killing it! Certainly making Roland look ridiculous with their Boutique VA nonsense.

Apparently this is going to be £399! Sold to me ;) Can't wait. Looks like a lot of fun.

yeahright31

11 Oct 2016

Looks and sounds fantastic, I don't know I've sampled all the drums sounds from my Novation Circuit and created some Analog drum shots with my MS20 Mini.

I sure don't need this one, although it's real good to see an all in one drum machine from Arturia.
It's a bit like Spark and Beatstep had a baby aye. Haha

O1B

12 Oct 2016

MS-20 Drums… Nice. ..on the MS-20 with that filter no less.. sounds like you've got it. Kind of inefficient to sample the MS-20 - but that's a GReat filter - and synth. … Cant say Id use any Drum Sounds from the video below….. but I did make a nice hat on my muBRUTE.

Individual Track Length, beat shifting, multi outs, and a H and LPF w/REZ - sold me. Frees up my muBRUTE.
yeahright31 wrote:Looks and sounds fantastic, I don't know I've sampled all the drums sounds from my Novation Circuit and created some Analog drum shots with my MS20 Mini.

[/quote]I sure don't need this one, although it's real good to see an all in one drum machine from Arturia.
It's a bit like Spark and Beatstep had a baby aye. Haha[/quote]

yeahright31

12 Oct 2016

O1B- That's the youtube video I used to learn how to make those sounds.

I do think they are great, they are analog and real punchy and that can be a good or bad thing sometimes, I say i'm leaning on bad a bit, from my case I have these sounds and i'm trying to use them and they are cutting through the mix, but that's the thing I personally am finding once I use 1 analog sound I feel it's lke best for me to only make a beat using analog sounds. Why? Because for lack of better words- The analog sound is way stand out when all the other sounds are digital.

As for the Great MS20 Filter, it seems like almost every new tiny gadget Korg makes now is modeled off the MS20 Filter and it's over shadowing that special filter that long ago only existed on a Korg MS20...It's like "oh that filter everyone has and uses now".
Having said that though, I'm not batch, because I ended up loving that filter so much that I purchased the PMS-20 Anolg Filter for my Reason Rack & I use it so bloody much, I love it and I think it's just easy to understand what it's doing.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... lp-filter/

O1B

22 Oct 2016

skip to ~8:50ish… Sound by Sound breakdown...
"True Analog"…. Glen Darcey … "Noise and Tone"

Another Hour:

O1B

25 Nov 2016

Drumbrute is now Shipping (mañana, Saturday delivery)
mixed reviews. I'll try it for me-self.

The_G

25 Nov 2016

O1B wrote:Drumbrute is now Shipping (mañana, Saturday delivery)
Mixed reviews from where?
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

O1B

27 Nov 2016

The_G wrote:
O1B wrote:Drumbrute is now Shipping (mañana, Saturday delivery)
Mixed reviews from where?
Answer: Arturia DrumBrute Review With Mad Zach:

[Mad Zach] “I can’t say i was too in love with the Kick… but let’s jus move on and ehhh…”

Preliminary Analysis after 2-3 hours...:
A - Kick 1 ...will need Processing... stat. SOLUTION: Direct Out or Play part to TR-8.

B - Hats are a bit brighter and snappier that 808, 909. Different. i like. or else use the TR-09, OR TR-8.
C - Kick 2 is Solid. All other sounds are VERY useable. I'll find a use for ZAP, I guess..
D - I DIG the Snare.... Sounds like the drumhead cracks you back. Nice. Looks good on Meters.

E - Tempo resolution to .##. Problem is 85.5 becomes 86 NOT 86.6, and a reverse turn goes to 85 NOT 85.5 - the original Tempo.
SOLUTION: DRUMBRUTE sports a plethora of Clock Control, Din MIDI or 1/8 inch patch cables a la Volca.
Just SYNC to TR-09 via MiDi (also .## resolution, or the Volcas via 1/8 inch cables (Volca - .0 or .5 ONLY) or USB to a DAW.
Or just Deal.... firmware update, maybe... doesn't seem like changing the track tempo would be 'intended.'

F - Liive Playing/Recording is the REAL DEAL
DrumBrute plays back as I drummed - NOT, the usual CORNY RE-quantized Crap. Win. Win. Win.

H - not Maschine Pads, but very responsive to 'Purely' Playing. meaning.... don't 'try and hit the Pad... just HIT the PAD.

E -Midi In Sync to TR-09 or Electribe for better Tempo control TR-09's resolution is .## ; the electribe REZ is .#
- or Clock sync ( a la Volca I/O), or USB to te computer , or use whole number Tempos initially.

Verdict so Far:
- It's hella fun to Program. Nice to Look at, and offers tons of variations to the usual please !Stop the SequenceR!.
- Finally, I have a drum machine thats OFF the usual corny quantized Grid. (no offense to grid lovers)
- Kick 1 is shapable via EQ and Filters via separate OUTS... or MUTE.
I like the TR-909's SNARE over the TR-808. I like the TR-808's boomy KICK over .... most any boomy kick.
I like the Electribe's ability to 'change' 16 drums parts while including a top notch step sequence-able Synth Engine.
I like Maschine for it's very Playable Surface and awesome sounds.

I Like the Drumbrute because it sounds good n tight, is fun to stare at and sequence.
Its seems to me that DrumBrute pulls out nuances in a sequence that other SSs can't touch.
Its the Perfect Brain for a Drum Sequence Corp.

Did I mention that its ranks up there in the looks department:

O1B

27 Nov 2016

Still playing... Kick one is no 808. as bad as the snare on the Volca, if there is to be a comparison.
BUT! Outside of that context, It can be interest and useable.

True to Arturia, the Delineations around the KNOBS ALL Match a Clock, so.... If you have one, on Kick 1, try:
Impact: 5 o'clock... One major notch less than Full,
Sweep:: 8 o'clock... more like 8:20
Decay 10 o'clock.
Pitch : 7 o'clock. or, OFF.

Absolutely, useable..
FILTER ON... Cutoff @8:30, Rez @ 12:30 (high)... not a bad HeartBeart Paired with Kick 2.

Kick 2, Snare Nice(lots of room to add low end) .. Hats.. a little extra crispy.! Zap is FUN!!!! who knew?!
Randomness is Killer. Just Zap or Clap once.. then dial in Randomnesss level....37... and Zap Zap Zap.... Zap - Zap -- Z-Z-Zap!

... so far, I think it a keeper.
btw, I'm running DBrute through a MXR KFK EQ - to an Empress Comressor 4:1 and into Reason.
from what I see on Visualizer, TTRDM, SPAN, and InspectorXL, Schope, and VUMT, and in comparison to REAL tracks, BDBute stands up.
(When I get home, Ill send the outs to a mutlichannel mixer) for some real separation and inspection.

• Information