digging for samples.

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
mimidancer

23 Apr 2024

I like to go through old technical films and documentaries to find samples that are interesting or funny to me. Today I stumbled into this gem. When they finally get to the CMI, the musician picks up the light pen and proceeds to drop a four on the floor beat. The more shit changes the more it stays the same.

rorystorm

24 Apr 2024

mimidancer wrote:
23 Apr 2024
I like to go through old technical films and documentaries to find samples that are interesting or funny to me. Today I stumbled into this gem. When they finally get to the CMI, the musician picks up the light pen and proceeds to drop a four on the floor beat. The more shit changes the more it stays the same.
I thoroughly loved this. I also have real love for old school video about tech, back when they thought the future was going to be brighter and better and more exciting, and not the dystopian bag of shit we're being handed by 21st century corporate capitalism.... Anyway, enough of that. at some point I'm going to do a project where I just go through old episodes of Tomorrow's World and sample the shit out of it. Fun!!!!

Bes
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2024

thanks for the share
- Certified Reason expert

DaveyG

24 Apr 2024

rorystorm wrote:
24 Apr 2024
and not the dystopian bag of shit we're being handed by 21st century corporate capitalism....
Alternative futures are available. Choose from:
1. Blade Runner - "Wake up, time to die!"
2. Demolition Man - "Be well"
3. Terminator 2 - Aw, you know the quotes from this one. And from all his other movies.

tomusurp

24 Apr 2024

Thanks super informative and those guys were really jamming. Love how they recreated the string bass. 19:00 basically me before I commit to a track :lol:
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/@usurptom
https://www.usurptom.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

• Information