My dog left this world yesterday

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
moneykube

07 Dec 2021

This is our precious Baby 14 years ago. RIP little girl. At the age of 18 and a half, she peacefully left this world Sunday December 5th, 11am, 2021. My lovely wife found this old DVD a few hours after we returned home in grief. Watching this brought many smiles to my face today. She was a lively and crazy young pup here. A good memory ! I didn't think we had any video of her picking raspberries... but surprise... it was there. :thumbs_up:
Last edited by moneykube on 12 Dec 2021, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

BRIGGS

07 Dec 2021

Time for a puppy!!! :puf_smile:

r11s

Heater

07 Dec 2021

Utterly heartbreaking. I cried like a baby when our 14 year old Collie died. Very sad times.

miyaru

07 Dec 2021

I feel your pain..... Lost three cats in 18 month, so know it....... Condolences and strength.
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

guitfnky

07 Dec 2021

aw man, so sorry to hear that. 😢 losing family is tough. you're remembering the good stuff, though. keep those memories close.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Popey
Competition Winner

07 Dec 2021

Sorry to hear this, my condolences. Pets are family so appreciate how hard things must be at the moment 😥

fullforce

07 Dec 2021

Very sorry for your loss. But indeed, this makes another dog in the world very happy, hopefully.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

TheGodOfRainbows

07 Dec 2021

Sweet doggy. I’m very sorry for your loss.

rgdaniel

07 Dec 2021

Very sorry. I know your pain. I'm currently working on the urn/box for our previous dog's ashes. Can't quite bring myself to finish it, for some reason.

Heater

07 Dec 2021

rgdaniel wrote:
07 Dec 2021
Very sorry. I know your pain. I'm currently working on the urn/box for our previous dog's ashes. Can't quite bring myself to finish it, for some reason.
We never scattered our dogs ashes and that was over 10 years ago.

moneykube

07 Dec 2021

thank you all for the condolences. It has been hard and will be so for years, but finding that video helped a lot.
Heater wrote:
07 Dec 2021
Utterly heartbreaking. I cried like a baby when our 14 year old Collie died. Very sad times.
My first Collie died at 13 tears of age. I did the same as you(many tears), and we were not going to get another dog after that, but >>>> I had bonded with Baby somewhat, with her pervious owner. When he said she would be taken to a dog shelter because pets were not allowed where he was moving to for a better job, I brought Baby home , and she behaved so well that we instantly fell in love with her, and decided she could stay with us.... it was the best thing for me. I was kept pretty busy with this young ball of energy. I had little time to grieve my first Collie , yet I still did and do, 16 and a half years later. You never fully stop grieving for your lost loved family members. Sometimes I have bad moments when I least expect them. She had an enjoyable long life with us. Looking at the video, I could see how much she had slowed down and deteriorated in her last days.(night and day difference)... Harder to notice as it is happening through the years... but this time it was obvious there was a problem. She was now struggling , and there was no way she would make it through another cold Canadian winter. The night she was put to sleep, it was over -30 degrees Celsius> and she was shaking in her house at -2C. The infection + cancer in her body was slowly disabling her more each day. She would lay for hours in the snow having problems getting up.She laid in snow a lot. I think it helped her arthritis. One night last week I checked on her after she laid in the snow for about 3hr, and her front paws had frozen to the ground. I am glad I caught it because with her back legs weakening, she would not have been able to get up or move, and would have likely died there. Here legs have been weakening slowly these past months, and she fell over or slipped a number of times this month.It was time to say goodbye, as she was no longer enjoying life in her current state of health. She always smiled... that smile was now gone.
guitfnky wrote:
07 Dec 2021
aw man, so sorry to hear that. 😢 losing family is tough. you're remembering the good stuff, though. keep those memories close.

it really helped me to remember the way she was in her prime. I loved her a lot. She remained a loyal family member until the end.
Heater wrote:
07 Dec 2021
rgdaniel wrote:
07 Dec 2021
We never scattered our dogs ashes and that was over 10 years ago.
We will keep the ashes of both our loved ones on a shelf side by side.
BRIGGS wrote:
07 Dec 2021
Time for a puppy!!! :puf_smile:
maybe one day... I'm afraid I will have to wait on doing that for awhile. Not sure if I will get another, although I am sure it would help. Had quite a number of bad things happen this year... 2 months ago I broke both wrists, a thumb and my back an continue with a slow recovery. It was a 20+ feet fall and I could have been paralyzed. While recovering, our sewer line broke in the front yard causing our front yard to be dug up... Thankful it was then and not now that snow has covered the ground which is now frozen.... then the starter died in the car I used to drive baby around in. ( It was her car... she loved rides> the barking in the video during her car ride(s) , did not really stop until this year. She used to hit the buttons on the radio, windows and more. She even grabbed the steering wheel once, because I wasn't doing it quite right :puf_wink: ) I kept the car going for her but was getting ready to retire it for the winter like usual. After the car got parked, Baby quickly deteriorated noticeably. I think I will take a break from animals and get back into music as soon as possible. Both casts are off , and I am down to wearing a brace on my shattered right arm and my back (which was inoperable ) I have been slowly gaining strength in both arms while going to rehab to get all my fingers and wrists working correctly again. As I heal, I have been organizing my reason sounds and patches, for a more productive work flow.
Last edited by moneykube on 07 Dec 2021, edited 1 time in total.

BRIGGS

07 Dec 2021

It's way too sad. Dogs don't live very long. :cry:

Better to have two dogs. :puf_smile:
r11s

aeox
Competition Winner

07 Dec 2021

Sorry for your loss!

18 years is quite old for a dog.

Neo

08 Dec 2021

Condolences buddy.
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Dec 2021

Sorry man.
My ex wife’s Irish wolfhound is 7 and I don’t think they live much past that. He’s the dog who actually made me like dogs after 50 years. Totally love him. And he knows it. Lots of walks and cuddles now.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dhruan

08 Dec 2021

My condolences... “Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog, it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs your heart is very big.”
Erica Jong

Our pup is 15 years young and I already dread that one day ahead... The signs of her age are more and more visible as years go by, with a little bit more gray appearing each season, and our walks gradually getting shorter and shorter. Thankfully, she is still in good health despite her past (she came in as a rescue) and a bad case of heartworms, and she still occasionally zooms around with the best of them.

Just have to keep her weight and health in check so that the rest of our shared years, as many as we are blessed with, are as fun, healthy, happy, and comfortable as possible for her.
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

plaamook

08 Dec 2021

I had a big german sheperd when I was a kid. He was like my best friend really. Followed me everywhere. Could be a bit of a problem around other people because he was very protective of me.
He died a horrible death. I was about 8 or 9 and I've never had or wanted another dog.

But now I've sort of inherited this mongrel thats kind of a cross beteen some kind of sheep doog and Marty Feldman really.
She's great. About 5 yrs old. She follows me everywhere and sleeps on me. And I'm already bracing myself for when she croaks.

Then I'll never get another dog again, agian.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

motuscott

08 Dec 2021

Never say never, hope is eternal.
A dog is wagging for you
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

motuscott

08 Dec 2021

Grew up with them. Dog park is my favorite hang. No humans without dogs, no dogs without humans, so I just watch...
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Fotu

09 Dec 2021

Write a song for her. All dogs deserve their own song.

moneykube

09 Dec 2021

Fotu wrote:
09 Dec 2021
Write a song for her. All dogs deserve their own song.
I was thinking of doing this :puf_smile:

littlejam

10 Dec 2021

hello,

coolcool idea to write a song

here is a great song (it's about elephants, though)

we had a miniature schnauzer growing up
i was the first of 3 siblings to get the little rascal to bark
we have pictures in the photoalbum of when he was so small
he'd fit in one of your hands and we had to lift him inside and outside for the backyard
because the step was too high
after schneider past away it took my dad 8 years to get another dog
he got another schnauzer named Easton named after the bat
my dad called him roach head
never heard a dog bark so much
but he would fall asleep with my dad in the extra large lazy boy chair as we watched tv into the night

i had 2 turtles in brooklyn for a goodgood 4 years
got the first female turtle from a guy walking up the street with the turtle in a bucket of water
she had a big welt on the side of her face
after a year it was gone and i was happy
she'd eat all the feeder goldfish until there were only fish she couldn't catch
and those fish got big and they seemed to all get along

this french girl i met on the subway train coming back to brooklyn
actually lived in the same apartment building as me
she stopped by and named the girl turtle pois

then i got a boy turtle
never really had a name for him

one night returning from a weekend in long island
i entered my apartment, turned on the light
and the two turtles were doing the business
the light scared the shit out of both turtles
who both tucked in their heads and smashed into different sides of the aquarium

also, one summer, a small red canary flew into the apartment
i closed the window to keep the bird inside
i was going to get a big cage for it
but the next day after getting home
there was no canary, only red feathers on the top of the water
a few days later poi was pooping out red feathers in her stool
i felt so bad

when i had to leave brooklyn i had to give the two turtles away
luckily, the pet store manager took them in to find them a new home
now that i'm back in brooklyn, i'm curious where those 2 turtles are at

i grow plants now and don't really do that well
my dad was terrible with people but had a green thumb as big as the jollygreengiant

love is a precious thing

it was fun watching moneykube and the dog in the video
very special
(i looked back through the thread and didn't find her name)

it'd be interesting to throw this john denver song into grain or europa or mimic and then create your song

have a blessed weekend

(crazy question is if your dog runs through your dreams (that would be interesting))

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

moneykube

11 Dec 2021

littlejam wrote:
10 Dec 2021
hello,

coolcool idea to write a song

here is a great song (it's about elephants, though)

we had a miniature schnauzer growing up
i was the first of 3 siblings to get the little rascal to bark
we have pictures in the photoalbum of when he was so small
he'd fit in one of your hands and we had to lift him inside and outside for the backyard
because the step was too high
after schneider past away it took my dad 8 years to get another dog
he got another schnauzer named Easton named after the bat
my dad called him roach head
never heard a dog bark so much
but he would fall asleep with my dad in the extra large lazy boy chair as we watched tv into the night

i had 2 turtles in brooklyn for a goodgood 4 years
got the first female turtle from a guy walking up the street with the turtle in a bucket of water
she had a big welt on the side of her face
after a year it was gone and i was happy
she'd eat all the feeder goldfish until there were only fish she couldn't catch
and those fish got big and they seemed to all get along

this french girl i met on the subway train coming back to brooklyn
actually lived in the same apartment building as me
she stopped by and named the girl turtle pois

then i got a boy turtle
never really had a name for him

one night returning from a weekend in long island
i entered my apartment, turned on the light
and the two turtles were doing the business
the light scared the shit out of both turtles
who both tucked in their heads and smashed into different sides of the aquarium

also, one summer, a small red canary flew into the apartment
i closed the window to keep the bird inside
i was going to get a big cage for it
but the next day after getting home
there was no canary, only red feathers on the top of the water
a few days later poi was pooping out red feathers in her stool
i felt so bad

when i had to leave brooklyn i had to give the two turtles away
luckily, the pet store manager took them in to find them a new home
now that i'm back in brooklyn, i'm curious where those 2 turtles are at

i grow plants now and don't really do that well
my dad was terrible with people but had a green thumb as big as the jollygreengiant

love is a precious thing

it was fun watching moneykube and the dog in the video
very special
(i looked back through the thread and didn't find her name)

it'd be interesting to throw this john denver song into grain or europa or mimic and then create your song

have a blessed weekend

(crazy question is if your dog runs through your dreams (that would be interesting))

j
Thank you for this awesome post. It really hit home. :exclamation: My precious family member's name was Baby... Got her when she was 2 when she had two names. Pork Chop and Baby. I felt Pork Chop too insulting for this majestic animals name. We went with Baby..... I forgot how much fun we had during playtime. Glad you enjoyed watching. So far >no Baby running around in my dreams... that would indeed be a wonderful thing. I have had a few death oriented dreams that did make me get out of bed. When I have bad dreams, sometimes they continue . I wake and think that was a strange dream, go back to sleep and the dream continues... even if I wake up multiple times.... I have had some epic nightmares that would make good horror films. So now when I get a nightmare , I get out of bed, have a smoke, and fully wake up, considering the dream, and what it might mean. Once awake... I can safely go back to bed. Looking forward to some good Baby dreams :puf_smile: Thank you so much. You made me smile.

Fotu

12 Dec 2021

FWIW the last verse of this song was for our dog that passed in 2018. The point of the song: these past loves still live on, animated in your memories. (After a year wait we got two new dogs, for twice the love).

• Information