I'm going with a new journey

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
deepndark

03 Jan 2017

I'm gonna drop my Reflexion X journey and create a new one. This is the only solution to get forward it seems. I already quit taking part of one forum, Facebook got deleted and now I decided to get a new artist name for me and I'm gonna make a new website for it too. I used to make some really sick shit when I was using deep'n'dark as my artist name. Then I switched to Reflexion X and most my music under that name already were promising and some of them are actually really good. But hey, I'm not famous yet so there's no big drop to quit my current project. I have tried to give my Reflexion X artificial respiration, but no, doesn't work for me anymore.

I hope my new beginning makes me forget all the old formulas and bad memories. A new fresh start is always better than wrestling with my will.
It's a challenge and I'm gonna go with it. I don't want to plan my artist identity and style and just try to make music that works. Thanks for reading. :)

yeahright31

03 Jan 2017

New year, new tempos for me.
I've been having a go at making Drum & Bass, I feared it for a longtime, now I embrace.
I tried the slower tempo, although now I'm going uptempo.
You know it's good to get out of the comfort zones, i'm finding it fun, so like you I was seeking fresh change.

By the way I don't think I added you on Soundcloud, so I'll go do that so I can hear you're new tracks.
I'm under the artist name DR Kryovak.

Benedict
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2017

There is a great freedom in allowing yourself to make the art your uniquely make. Forgetting what you think fashion wants of you etc and just saying to the world what you need to say, the way you just naturally say it.

Of course the more you know the easier that gets, and you can even start to control style more but your unique voice is always in real control

This is why there are some really talented musicians who aren't heard or were famous at one time but not another. It is just that at that time they suited what people wanted to hear. For example, right now I have been listening to Michael Jackson's Off The Wall and while it isn't a bad record, and leads off with two great songs, the whole record is not the best of anything. However those couple of killer tracks and it being the right time made MJ the star everyone wanted. George Benson made much better records overall (often with the same songwriters and producers) even if he was not as famous.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Peter

03 Jan 2017

Benedict wrote:Forgetting what you think fashion wants of you etc and just saying to the world what you need to say, the way you just naturally say it.
One of the reasons I don't have a worthy artist name is because I feel like I'm just a guy making music plus I'm pretty obsessive so it's not like I get off work and put on an artist hat for an hour each day. I plan on reading the Lectric Panda PSQ manual at work tonight. There is no separation between "reality" and artistry for me but maybe I'm just walking a tightrope with that mentality. My name is Peter on a forum, at work and when I lose myself making music. I don't even like my name but it is what it is. :)

Benedict
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2017

I used to have Band Names but they dropped off over the years and then it just struck me that it was always me talking and my art was very much me so why not accept that it is me. For a while, I missed the mental images those names (Aeroplastic Voice, Column 3-57) gave me but at the same time I was able to let my music become deeper and less attached to expectations (that never panned out anyway).

It all depends on what you want to achieve and the marketing needs for that. Peter Landsford is a fine name and would be as decent a brand as any other.

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Peter

03 Jan 2017

Benedict wrote:It all depends on what you want to achieve and the marketing needs for that. Peter Lansford is a fine name and would be as decent a brand as any other.
I want my own brand of cologne dammit! :lol:

Different people with different needs I understand. Maybe I'd pick a name if I made music that was more suited to be marketed by a big label. My taste and goals are more "underground" though as they say so I'm fine with my black t-shirts.

Have a good one folks! :)

platzangst

04 Jan 2017

By comparison, I use a band name in order to keep attention on the music, and not my identity as a person. There's no doubt my music is in a way related to who I am, but I've seen too many acts get caught up in the outward projection of personal image or fashion, and I made a decision that whatever my music was, it was going to be judged primarily as my music, not the My Identity Show. I don't put my face or real name on my albums, not that they're any particular secret, but the albums aren't about me - if that makes any sense.

Peter

04 Jan 2017

platzangst wrote:By comparison, I use a band name in order to keep attention on the music, and not my identity as a person. There's no doubt my music is in a way related to who I am, but I've seen too many acts get caught up in the outward projection of personal image or fashion, and I made a decision that whatever my music was, it was going to be judged primarily as my music, not the My Identity Show. I don't put my face or real name on my albums, not that they're any particular secret, but the albums aren't about me - if that makes any sense.

Yeah that makes sense. I went on a little spiel this morning with somebody about how music is expression and it isn't so much about the individual although I see people get caught up in it too.

My Identity Show would make a great album name! :D

I honestly think my creative and personal identity are rolled into one because I don't have much going for me in the latter. ;)

deepndark

17 Mar 2017

Lots of us hurry to upload the latest crap for people to hear, because we are so damn hungry to get more thumb ups. Something about art has died. SPIRIT!

deepndark

17 Mar 2017

And I want to be no. 1 in MY music caregory, not in the charts of all the music ever created.

Peter

17 Mar 2017

Peter wrote:I honestly think my creative and personal identity are rolled into one because I don't have much going for me in the latter. ;)
Oh yuck I hate reading things I wrote months ago. What an idiotic thing to say. :lol:

Peter

17 Mar 2017

deepndark wrote:Lots of us hurry to upload the latest crap for people to hear, because we are so damn hungry to get more thumb ups. Something about art has died. SPIRIT!
I upload the latest crap because I'm goal-oriented; I've worked with restrictions for the past few months to challenge myself. I finish a project in one day and I'm not going to be obsessed with myself. Crap is meant to come out of the crap shoot and if I wanted thumbs up, I wouldn't have deleted my Facebook. Besides that, the fine folks here at ReasonTalk are such a mixed bag, what does a thumbs up really do for you?

PS don't talk about art around platzangst - he will derail your thread with his artistic theories. :lol:
deepndark wrote:And I want to be no. 1 in MY music caregory, not in the charts of all the music ever created.
Well it's good to be focused. What is your music category?

deepndark

17 Mar 2017

Peter wrote: I upload the latest crap because I'm goal-oriented; I've worked with restrictions for the past few months to challenge myself. I finish a project in one day and I'm not going to be obsessed with myself. Crap is meant to come out of the crap shoot and if I wanted thumbs up, I wouldn't have deleted my Facebook. Besides that, the fine folks here at ReasonTalk are such a mixed bag, what does a thumbs up really do for you?
If i want thumb ups, I want to be proud of my song myself. Facebook thumb ups aren't as valuable as people give them almost every time anyway.
Peter wrote:
deepndark wrote:And I want to be no. 1 in MY music caregory, not in the charts of all the music ever created.
Well it's good to be focused. What is your music category?
I lost my focus many years ago, that's the problem. My category statement was only suppose to say that "I'm not making music for others as much as some people in my life think.
I think I need more time alone and make a comeback like AMD wants with the Ryzen. :puf_smile:

kuhliloach

17 Mar 2017

My favorite new artist name is "Matt Lange" - he went all out with that

But seriously I agree names are important, depending on our individual brain styles. Some of us are inspired and driven by something like a name, or artwork. The wrong name or the wrong art can become a hindrance in that case.

deepndark

17 Mar 2017

kuhliloach wrote:My favorite new artist name is "Matt Lange" - he went all out with that

But seriously I agree names are important, depending on our individual brain styles. Some of us are inspired and driven by something like a name, or artwork. The wrong name or the wrong art can become a hindrance in that case.
I will be having a name that was a nickname to call me by my friends and this name has no straight link to any genre/style. Just like what seems the best thing to do. :puf_smile:

deepndark

23 Mar 2017

Lots of my freinds have said I shouldn't quit with RX. Hmmmm, they said I do too good already to quit it now. Maybe.
And I have actually put so much in to RX so...

selig
RE Developer

23 Mar 2017

deepndark wrote:Lots of my freinds have said I shouldn't quit with RX. Hmmmm, they said I do too good already to quit it now. Maybe.
There's another option - keep BOTH! Why not create multiple alter-egos so you can produce the music you feel like on any particular day. Many artists have used this technique in the past to allow them the freedom to go off in more than one direction at a time (or alternate between them as they feel inspired to do so).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

deepndark

23 Mar 2017

selig wrote:
deepndark wrote:Lots of my freinds have said I shouldn't quit with RX. Hmmmm, they said I do too good already to quit it now. Maybe.
There's another option - keep BOTH! Why not create multiple alter-egos so you can produce the music you feel like on any particular day. Many artists have used this technique in the past to allow them the freedom to go off in more than one direction at a time (or alternate between them as they feel inspired to do so).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same. Not sure if both need a www domain but otherwise this idea seems like a good idea. :)

siln

28 Mar 2017

http://www.behindthename.com/random/?nu ... sage_rap=1
rapper/goth names : Biggie Daddy Kool Freak;Chill-Pain Master-T ;Heavy Daddy Vanilla Dog; Isahia Lil playa, Sammael NovemberMalaise;Biggie Bone OnyxPhantom;Easy Dog VelvetSnake; ObsidianBat Papa-P ;Flava-Pain WinterAshe;Sugar Funk FebruarySigh;Vanilla Funk Papa-Pain
:cool:

Gorgon

28 Mar 2017

It's always good to reinvent yourself, Heikki!
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

deepndark

13 Jul 2017

So I finally did what I planned and started with a new project. I just created an intro for my new upcoming album. I knew I wanted to make a soulful album, as the album title is "Spirit Of Art". I want to start my album soulfully and the further the album stream goes, the more it involves to something more modern. This method seems like a great way to get my creativity going and unlock myself from genre limiting. Also, I have only Izotope Ozone guarding my output, which is what I will always keep having as my mastering-chain from now on. I am excited and feeling like I am back in the business. Not posting any music til this album is done. :D

ejanuska

13 Jul 2017

deepndark wrote:
13 Jul 2017
So I finally did what I planned and started with a new project. I just created an intro for my new upcoming album. I knew I wanted to make a soulful album, as the album title is "Spirit Of Art". I want to start my album soulfully and the further the album stream goes, the more it involves to something more modern. This method seems like a great way to get my creativity going and unlock myself from genre limiting. Also, I have only Izotope Ozone guarding my output, which is what I will always keep having as my mastering-chain from now on. I am excited and feeling like I am back in the business. Not posting any music til this album is done. :D
Since you started in January and you just finished the intro I guess we'll see you back in 2020. :D

Good luck

• Information