What's your favorite track you've written? Share your best music.

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2016

Pick one or two tracks that you for whatever reason are extra happy about and post here.

If you want you can give a comment about why the track is a personal favorite of yours.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2016

Here's one of my favorites:

It's a pretty simple and straightforward track, but I like the melodies and the vibe of the track.

HepCat

28 Oct 2016

A song l wrote:

http://picosong.com/DsBH

^^^ ONLY for STREAMING.
DON'T press the "DowNload" button, or you get redirected to third party pages.

I don't have Soundcloud or Bandcamp because l'm shit.

Still I love the song to 3:30, thereafter it's crap and the EQ turns horrible. I hope to redo it one day.

Aggie

28 Oct 2016

I Like The Piano, because of it's simplicity;

...and Life Flows for the same reason, I guess;

I guess I have a thing for piano solo's... lol

I don't think I've put anything "bad" together - if I thought that, it'd never see the light of day! lol

aggie
Adam Gill | BandLab

motuscott

28 Oct 2016

Second finished song and I thought, Hey I can do this.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Oct 2016

HepCat wrote:A song l wrote:

Crazy track. The synth lead makes me think of Charly by Prodigy. Is it sample from that track? At some places I can even hear the same down and up bend.

HepCat

29 Oct 2016

TritoneAddiction wrote:
HepCat wrote:A song l wrote:

Crazy track. The synth lead makes me think of Charly by Prodigy. Is it sample from that track? At some places I can even hear the same down and up bend.

It was partly sampled from the intro to this song:

And the rest was just hoover samples. l may well have sampled Charly [which by the way was directly taken from a Roland soundbank or it was a preset on the Roland Alpha Juno 2 called "What The", including that exact pitchbend], but l also definitely sampled the sound - not any melody - off DJPC - Inssomniak (one of the hoover versions e.g. Lagoa Extreme Mix) that l mangled on my Amiga A500 (upgraded to 1Mb RAM) via OctaMED or Oktalyzer or 8 Channel Soundtracker. Then l upgraded the sounds a little on my PC using a PC soundtracker software and added JFK's speech at Rice University etc.

All other instrumentals were mine, including the riffs i created from sampled hoovers and that twinkly riff and the riff made from the robot voice and the cool bass guitar riff and the beats were typed in to the tracker by hand etc. etc.

I made an album cover for it too but it's kinda scary to see.

p.s. here's DJPC - Inssomniak (Lagoa Extreme Mix):

And here's why "Inssomniak" was such a genius track - when you play it backwards, the voice says "I must sleep":

lol

Kenni
Site Admin

29 Oct 2016

Probably Nadjanema since it was my first big release.

But "Realization" from the Reason 2.0 demo kind of spawned the attention that started my whole EDM period.

And also this because it was fun to mix hiphop with trance elements.

Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

moneykube

29 Oct 2016

seems to be the most popular and I kind of like it too :mrgreen:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

EnochLight

29 Oct 2016

Most definitely "Stella", because the person I wrote it for is - and always will be - the most important thing to me in my life. It's also the first track I wrote that didn't use any synths, strings, or samplers (it's 100% guitars, although I did use a Kong for the drums):

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Benedict
Competition Winner

29 Oct 2016

Hard to pick as I like at least parts of almost everything I have done. However I am always happy with all of this one

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

30 Oct 2016

Wow, cool thread. Although I'd forgotten just how shit Soundcloud is when compared to Bandcamp!

Picking just two... Ok, three for the price of two ;)

"Everything in its own place" was pretty much my perfect signature instrumental track, especially the remix I did after I released the original Farfisa Compact ReFill (since the Facades album version used Reason's rather grainy Vox Jaguar samples).

I loved this track so much I ended up doing a vocal rock/pop version, "Everyone Knows Their Own Place", after a break-up the next year; has my best guitar guitar solo too. "Real beauty is only skin-deep/Contain yourself, boys, I know what you seek" - love that line. "If you want to hurt somebody/It might as well be me". Yeah, I was in a real dark place back then.

My best song I've long thought is "No Strings", from 2005, that funnily enough (i.e, it's still not funny at all ;) ) I wrote as a piano piece for the woman who I later wrote "Everyone Knows Their Own Place" about! But I ended up fully arranging and recording it myself a few years later for the Mr Charisma blues album.

Bloma

01 Nov 2016

I'll be listening to some of these when I get home, but here is one of my favorites of mine. It just came out perfectly and has all my favorite elements in it - heavy, ugly, beautiful, childlike, tribal, dreamy, poppy, metal, drum and bass.

yeahright31

01 Nov 2016

2 of my personal favorites are these 2-

To simply explain why I fave Orbit Saturn I really like the rhythm and swing I gave it and even the way the sounds gel nicely. This track I created in Reason 8.

The reason why I favor reaktor-spiral-escape is simply because it took me a few weeks of research/ trail and error to get Reaktor Spiral Vst working on my Mac and then I found out by happy accident how to midi out to my Novation X-Station into Native Instruments Reaktor 5 so they would sync. Then I just had a blast and it made me excited about all the possible things I could try because on my old Novation X-Station I used to have about 300 sounds and I favored this synthasizer as it was my first ever synthasizer and I worked hard to buy it and loved it till it's death. A lot of people don't like the Novation X-station but been able to run it through an Reaktor Spiral and step sequence patterns was a heck of fun.

Deep down I even miss been able to run Native Instruments Komplete 7, although soon I may be in luck with my new laptop and mate installing Windows 7 on it for me. Funtimes.

dvdrtldg

02 Nov 2016

Here's a recent 11-minute bliss-out drone that I was really happy with - not necessarily because it's the best thing I've done, but because it only took two days to make rather than the usual endless forever

Heavy use of eXpanse and Legend

HepCat

19 Nov 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote:
"Everything in its own place" was pretty much my perfect signature instrumental track, especially the remix I did after I released the original Farfisa Compact ReFill (since the Facades album version used Reason's rather grainy Vox Jaguar samples).

I loved this track so much I ended up doing a vocal rock/pop version, "Everyone Knows Their Own Place", after a break-up the next year; has my best guitar guitar solo too.
I quite like the instrumental version (the "Radio Edit") on your Soundcloud link that you posted. I keep coming back to it actually. Pretty funky.

Carol Rein

20 Nov 2016

These fragments were composed with reason 4, Sad Kyrie from 2006 and The Congress from 2016.
I don't know if these two are my favorites... may be all my songs have something that I appreciate.

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2016

This is my most played song on SoundClick (by a huge margin) and it's the only track that I woke up with the tune in my head and was able to play it pretty much straight off the bat. This gives it a special place in my heart :thumbs_up:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=5231684

Grum.
Last edited by Grumbleweed on 21 Nov 2016, edited 3 times in total.

HepCat

20 Nov 2016

Carol Rein wrote:...
Hi as you know l like the Sad Kyrie song, but l also like the Congress song, it's good that you have electronica skills as well as classical style.

Ottostrom

20 Nov 2016

dvdrtldg wrote:Here's a recent 11-minute bliss-out drone that I was really happy with - not necessarily because it's the best thing I've done, but because it only took two days to make rather than the usual endless forever

Heavy use of eXpanse and Legend

I like this one a lot! Great work :)

Ottostrom

20 Nov 2016

TritoneAddiction wrote:Here's one of my favorites:

It's a pretty simple and straightforward track, but I like the melodies and the vibe of the track.
Even though I don't listen to a lot of electronic music nowadays I can not help but to love this track!
It has this great kind of video game vibe and the weird melodies sit so perfectly :mrgreen:

Ottostrom

20 Nov 2016

This is probably my favorite. I don't make this kind of music anymore so every time I hear it I get filled with nostalgia.

PhutureD

20 Nov 2016

This one is my favourite because it is relevant to the time in which we live. It speaks about technology in
the future and what is done when power is is the wrong hands.

dana

20 Nov 2016

At the moment, this one, its epic, hard-hitting, and then makes you want to go jiggy with it.

Carol Rein

20 Nov 2016

HepCat wrote:
Carol Rein wrote:...
Hi as you know l like the Sad Kyrie song, but l also like the Congress song, it's good that you have electronica skills as well as classical style.

• Information