MIDI Controller DIY

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
JoshuaPhilgarlic

06 Oct 2016

Last week a friend showed me a Youtube channel about how to build your own MIDI controller...

Okay, this one is in German, but I'm sure you can find similar stuff in most other languages ;) , like this...

As you may see, all this is based on the Arduino Micro Controller - and this is a pretty cool thing! It's a little computer with analog and digital connectors, so you can add almost any kind of dials, switches, sensors, displays etc. And as it's a computer, it needs to be programmed, but this seems to be pretty easy (there are a lot of tutorials available) and can be done with any PC, Mac or Linux machine.

I just got my Arduino starter kit containing a bunch of weird stuff for just 42.99€!

Let's see, what I'll build with that ;) ...

BTW: The guy in the German video above just started a new series on how to turn a Korg Monotron into a serious synth using the Arduino ;) .

yeahright31

10 Oct 2016

Seems interesting, but feels like if you don't have the know how with soldering and understand voltage in electronics you'll just be lost.

I guess for me it was sorta exciting to hear about Korg Little Bits. A friend told me that would be right up my alley. I kinda laughed at the time, not that I think Korg little bits isn't a great idea, it's was more of a case of - where will I have the space to set that kinda stuff up? Yet still found a good spot for the Korg MS20 Mini, which actually makes me wonder why I still am yet to find a youtube video combining Korg Little Bits with the Korg MS20 Mini to expand the modular capabilities. I know modular can be as endless as one can dream :puf_smile:

I look on Youtube from time to time, I seen few videos on how Korg Monotron is combined with Korg Little Bits.
However i'm bit more interested in seeing how Korg Little Bits would be an extension to any modular synth set up.
There's also patch blocks out as well, which I'd totally forgot about. However I'm loving the Korg MS20 Mini, owned for about 1 year now and no regrets.

Sometimes I wonder if the Circuit bending community would use Korg Little Bits as well??

These are DIY Projects worth mentioning as well.

https://littlebits.cc/kits/synth-kit

http://patchblocks.com/

• Information