That thieving guy

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
nickb523
RE Developer

26 Mar 2022

MrFigg wrote:
26 Mar 2022
Hej,aren’t Zampled also rip off merchants

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7512789&hilit=Zampled

yet RS continues to sell their stuff?

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/prod ... c-strings/
Separate issue that AFAIK there isn't any evidence to support. RS can't just remove stuff based on hearsay.

That thieving guy on the other hand is guilty and it was backed up with evidence that a RT moderator censored.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

26 Mar 2022

nickb523 wrote:
26 Mar 2022
Loque wrote:
25 Mar 2022
SOunds like you never had read them? Its about time. Here, just for you:
No posts about hacking, cracking or warez.
My post and the image was absolutely not promoting or endorsing hacking, cracking or warez in any way shape or form. So don't try and twist things like I'm the bad guy here. In fact, that image was posted on this forum almost 2 years ago and it's sat there quite happily until people started talking about the guy again. You are defending and censoring evidence of criminal behaviour that 110% absolutely deserves to be called out.

If only you had been around as a mod back when Skelton was outed. If you had, Softphonics would probably still be in business releasing regular products because you would have deleted all the evidence of his wrongdoing and locked down any discourse.

I'm just totally perplexed by the censorship but it's ultimately not up to me to "fight the good fight" so I'm done with it. If you guys end up with an eco-system full of crooked products then you brought it on yourselves.

Have a great day chaps! :)
Yes, and at the risk of sounding personal—and really I'm not, this is purely a function point of order—the role of moderators on this site as an entity is depressing sometimes. It should be an active job which requires a level of actual engagement and management and consideration, e.g., editing posts to remove specific insults with the note "Edited to remove personal insult".

But the approach here tends to be to leave the insult in the OP, the moderator to reply and requote the insult followed by "Please don't be insulting!" (thus reinforcing the insult, effectively making the same insult as the insult they are criticising, and doubling number of times the insult appears in searches), then just locking the thread. "Well, if we're not going to allow that one disruptive person to continue the discussion, then none of you will!"

It's always the danger when fans gatekeep their own domains. The fan aspect may over-ride the sort of rationality that might apply when reading a thread on a site they're not moderating themselves.

And in fact, you bring up Skeletor, when indeed that thread—the official BS-line RS post—was locked in order to be buried, rather than dealing with specific issues of personality conflict.

Talking of which, I'm going to have a shit day! So fuck you! ;) :lol:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Mar 2022

Not to be sycophantic but let’s also acknowledge that the Mods do a great job too. It’s a thankless task for the most part.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

26 Mar 2022

Sycophant!
🏁

nickb523
RE Developer

26 Mar 2022

Indeed Figg, I'm not saying or suggesting that the mods are incompetent or anything like that. In fact I'd say this place has been a hell of a lot better ran since Joey took it over. But in this instance, they need to have a chat together rather than just letting Loque do his Robomod routine as this subject is quite a bit more sensitive than your average Verdane conspiracy thread. You can't just shut stuff like this down as doing that broadcasts a message to all the up and coming creators that it's OK to steal as ultimately no one will take any notice.

And JFTR I'm not saying that thieving guy should taken out back and shot dead. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone deserves a chance to redeem themselves but in order to get to that stage he needs to be called out.

Loque

26 Mar 2022

JiggeryPokery wrote:
26 Mar 2022
Loque wrote:
25 Mar 2022

The problem is locking the thread buries the issue. That thread does not promote hacking, cracking or warez, but your policy promotes false equivalence where disavowing and calling out those who do promote it are equally to blame. :clap: . And with the threads like that being locked it can't be necro'd the next time he or anyone who needs calling out on something, in order to help people remember or even learn of and understand the complaints being levelled against them. At least then people can make up their own minds as to whether the criticism is justified, unwarranted, or some grey area in between.

Unlike that other similar pirateTube scenario that was mentioned in the YT comment, AFAIK, this thief never apologised for it or showed any indication of embarrassment or learning from it, so it's absolutely reasonable he should be called out on it, and Reason Studios should be called out on it for using him as an influencer. You don't reward bad behaviour by hiding the bad behaviour, and hiding it effectively promotes him by omission. Blocking that discussion and moving any other discussion of it like this thread to a hidden forum (why the Kitchen even needs to be hidden remains baffling) that can't be viewed without a login, should be used as a rare, last resort, not the go-to method to save moderators from actually making an effort to, you know, moderate, rather than blindly dictate and shut things down because anything that requires an ounce of consideration and nuance is just too much of a damn hassle.
Nothing hidden regarding him. Just removed the warez links. Enough talked about that useless thief imo and the thread can easily be found if you are searching his name, even if it is locked. The locked thread has enough info, enough for everyone who had done a quick google search for his name ;)

We should give such ppl more space here than needed, especially we shouldnt promote him, since it is linking to his videos, making him more popular than ever needed.

Sure, ppl have different opinions about such situations. As you can see, you can talk about it here, but dont post links and do not try to promote him.
Reason12, Win10

Loque

26 Mar 2022

nickb523 wrote:
26 Mar 2022
Loque wrote:
25 Mar 2022
My post and the image was absolutely not promoting or endorsing hacking, cracking or warez in any way shape or form. So don't try and twist things like I'm the bad guy here. In fact, that image was posted on this forum almost 2 years ago and it's sat there quite happily until people started talking about the guy again. You are defending and censoring evidence of criminal behaviour that 110% absolutely deserves to be called out.

If only you had been around as a mod back when Skelton was outed. If you had, Softphonics would probably still be in business releasing regular products because you would have deleted all the evidence of his wrongdoing and locked down any discourse.

I'm just totally perplexed by the censorship but it's ultimately not up to me to "fight the good fight" so I'm done with it. If you guys end up with an eco-system full of crooked products then you brought it on yourselves.

Have a great day chaps! :)
Dont start discussions about things that might be wrong in the past. Such things dont make your move right.

If you feel that my moderation was wrong, discuss it with me in private, other mods or the admin and please do not polute the thread with it.

And the next time you call me out, i won't be as nice as i am currently am. And this is the 2nd hint i gave to you.
Reason12, Win10

bxbrkrz

26 Mar 2022

Fri May 22, 2020 11:28 pm, then some.

I don't believe we should waste our energy fighting each other, or with the mods here. I was the one pushing for the thread to be locked down in 2020, among others maybe, because I knew it would help his cause in the long run.

If you want to have a sniff at some kind of retribution, decentralize away from reasontalk.

A Thousand Paper Cuts Army.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

EnochLight

26 Mar 2022

JiggeryPokery wrote:
26 Mar 2022
The problem is locking the thread buries the issue. That thread does not promote hacking, cracking or warez, but ... just too much of a damn hassle.
Though I was pretty clear on this Matt:

viewtopic.php?p=601228#p601228
JiggeryPokery wrote:
26 Mar 2022
the role of moderators on this site as an entity is depressing sometimes.
There it is.

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

PhillipOrdonez

26 Mar 2022

Bxbrkrz, i still don't think calling him out on this is of any benefit for him.

Challism said "Street cred"... Well, I don't think that's of any benefit. Being a thieve is only a role model for thieves.

That's no behaviour to just ignore. I think the thread should have stayed unlocked, but editing out links to his stuff, and making it clear right from the beginning of the thread that this is a thieve, so anyone searching about him finds that thread and the first thing they read is that he is a thieve.

Jagwah

26 Mar 2022

____
Last edited by Jagwah on 26 Mar 2022, edited 1 time in total.

bxbrkrz

26 Mar 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
26 Mar 2022
Bxbrkrz, i still don't think calling him out on this is of any benefit for him.

Challism said "Street cred"... Well, I don't think that's of any benefit. Being a thieve is only a role model for thieves.

That's no behaviour to just ignore. I think the thread should have stayed unlocked, but editing out links to his stuff, and making it clear right from the beginning of the thread that this is a thieve, so anyone searching about him finds that thread and the first thing they read is that he is a thieve.
2020. 2022. [shall not be named] ended up being boosted by the-power-that-be's official yt channel. It is what it is. A locked thread on RT is not the end of a discussion anywhere else though. Only here.

"Being a thieve is only a role model for thieves."
I always run the forum by new posts. I visited the forum before checking yt. Lucky for me. YT told me "Watch that shit!". I instead went for the option "not interested", so I will NEVER have to watch that shit.

Now if anyone from the forum said "Hey, I know he was not a good dude, but I've learned a lot from him in that video. He knows his shit". How can you say it wasn't a good marketing move from RS?
Street cred won. There is no "but but but..."

Redemption. No redemption.
I remember [shall not be named] was a kid. Maybe he's a better man right now, and has since learned a lot from his past behavior? I don't know. Maybe all the social networks are tools to artificially boost the sociopaths on top of the digital food chain? If you know how to gain the system, you will be on top, or on RS's official yt channel.

Dislike/negative comments on YT, Reddit. IG. Maybe facebook (I don't use it). Those are the tools available to us, with an impact.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

joeyluck

26 Mar 2022

As Ernst once said, "Take it to the streets." :)

I think everybody here agrees on what they think about this person's actions, but I think your words will do much more in YouTube and Facebook comments than they will here.

I'm not exactly sure what's been removed, but we do have rules against piracy and sharing of links or any form of proof. That is not to say that the forum member here sharing is in the wrong. Sharing that "THIS person is illegally selling and giving away the ReFills of other designers" is not too different than saying, "THIS person is giving away cracked versions of Reason." It promotes that person or party and leads people there. I understand that point.

I really don't know how best to handle it to be honest. As suggested, maybe it should've been locked long ago? The thing to remember is that the members here are like-minded people who agree that this person's actions are wrong, but just disagree about how to talk about it and take action.

It's been known for about 2 years here. This person was banned from here and has no presence here. It would not appear that this person's die hard fans are here. If ReasonTalk was to serve as the grassroots campaign to take a stand, well it doesn't seem like it has done much, because IMO the talk needs to happen on this person's channels. That just my opinion.

Feel free to message me or other mods about it.

And BTW we are talking about Voldemort, right?

PhillipOrdonez

26 Mar 2022

Except Street cred has not won anything at all, cause that would imply that everyone knows he's a thief and decided to work with him BECAUSE he is a thief, bxbrkrz.

I think that if the locked thread wasn't locked, more people would know he's a thief and this would have been detrimental to his image.

Definitely those of you with social media accounts should expose him publicly for what he is, now that he is in a channel he has no control over.

Loque

26 Mar 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
26 Mar 2022
I think that if the locked thread wasn't locked, more people would know he's a thief and this would have been detrimental to his image.
The thread was open for 2 years without any posts and RS didnt noticed, that the guy was violating copyrights.
Reason12, Win10

Billy+

26 Mar 2022

I thought that this thread had been deleted - guess I was wrong

Quite a lot of bad feelings being built up in here,

if only someone could reach out to RSHQ and point out the issue with this guy maybe they would reconsider using the video/douche as regardless of the content or his ability to promote Reason standalone it's just wrong for such a person who has admitted to the activities being rewarded with official support from the company responsible to the content creators who he had stolen from.

Catblack

27 Mar 2022

I wish I knew who this guy was. I'd prefer to know and avoid him on my own. I couldn't find any thread here. I'm curious if this is someone selling refills in the props shop or if he's just someone posting tutorials on yt and the props are suggesting those to people. Oh, sorry, I mean RS, they aren't the props anymore.

Or is this the person who was interviewed about their orchestral refills and then found to have been faking them? Or the person who had a long time reason tutorial channel but then had a meltdown and switched daws? Or someone else?

I guess I can't keep up with the drama. But I guess that thread has been nuked?
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Billy+

27 Mar 2022

Catblack wrote:
27 Mar 2022
I wish I knew who this guy was. I'd prefer to know and avoid him on my own. I couldn't find any thread here. I'm curious if this is someone selling refills in the props shop or if he's just someone posting tutorials on yt and the props are suggesting those to people. Oh, sorry, I mean RS, they aren't the props anymore.

Or is this the person who was interviewed about their orchestral refills and then found to have been faking them? Or the person who had a long time reason tutorial channel but then had a meltdown and switched daws? Or someone else?

He's currently being promoted by RS making trap beats on their YouTube channel.

Catblack

27 Mar 2022

Billy+ wrote:
27 Mar 2022
Catblack wrote:
27 Mar 2022

He's currently being promoted by RS making trap beats on their YouTube channel.

Oh wow, I see that. That's troubling.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Loque

27 Mar 2022

Billy+ wrote:
26 Mar 2022
I thought that this thread had been deleted - guess I was wrong

Quite a lot of bad feelings being built up in here,

if only someone could reach out to RSHQ and point out the issue with this guy maybe they would reconsider using the video/douche as regardless of the content or his ability to promote Reason standalone it's just wrong for such a person who has admitted to the activities being rewarded with official support from the company responsible to the content creators who he had stolen from.
Yea, would be nice if "someone" would do that...
Reason12, Win10

Billy+

27 Mar 2022

Catblack wrote:
27 Mar 2022
Oh wow, I see that. That's troubling.
It's definitely disappointing to see someone who has been so dishonest now being promoted regardless as to what he might be doing now his past acts should not have been rewarded in this manner especially by RS.

Billy+

27 Mar 2022

Loque wrote:
27 Mar 2022
Yea, would be nice if "someone" would do that...
I do find it hard to believe that somehow RS has overlooked the bad act and moved past it as judging by the image it was rather a lot of refills being stolen for want of a better term.

Neo

28 Mar 2022

Catblack wrote:
27 Mar 2022

Bites tongue.. +1^
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

mimidancer

28 Mar 2022

So much drama in this thread but I have no idea who the alleged thief is. I would love to know so that if I follow them on social media I can unfollow. I don't expect a response to this. Feels like 8th grade up in here. I don't hate it.

mimidancer

28 Mar 2022

So much drama in this thread but I have no idea who the alleged thief is. I would love to know so that if I follow them on social media I can unfollow. I don't expect a response to this. Feels like 8th grade up in here. I don't hate it.

• Information