Just discovered The Dickies

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
jappe

13 Jun 2015

Sharing some good punk music here:-)
These have been in my blind spot; strange, since I like Ramones and Devo, and this excellent group has that sound.
Discovered them when watching the touching masterpiece movie "The Killer Clowns From Outer Space" :crazy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aLpwtaLDw8

Scoobyman II

13 Jun 2015

Nice. I first discovered them when this video was packaged with the movie DVD. The guys who did this movie also did the puppets for the Team America movie.
https://youtu.be/tGVX033PiDA

Some Desperate Glory

15 Jun 2015

I saw them open up for The Offspring at the Greek Theater about 15 years ago.  They were more fun than a barrel of monkeys and spent half the time joking and goofing and the other half playing some very competent early 80s style SoCal pop-punk.

They are a really fun band to watch live and I highly recommend it if you get a chance.  They still play a lot in California and I'm sure they tour elsewhere.
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

TheFatControlleR

15 Jun 2015

I played Dawn of the Dickies to death (no pun intended) back in the day. Their second LP on a kinda 'dead flesh' blue vinyl. It's still on the shelf, may have to give it a spin later.
Total numpty doin' his own thing for the craic and relaxation - it's cheaper than a therapist, and more satisfying.
~|~
'Live fat, die young, and leave a self-basting corpse for the burn up...' - TFC
93s

CharlyCharlzz

24 Jun 2015

I got the Movie DVD , the Pants but I forgot about the group .....nice one .
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

• Information