Open call for submissions

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
mellorman

19 Nov 2016

I am putting together (I refuse to use the word "curating"!) a compilation album with all proceeds going to charities (see link). I have probably 20 acts so far, but I want more. As a Reason user myself, I thought I might ask the Reason community if anyone would like take part.

Any genre/standard is OK, but there are a couple of rules: (i) your track must be an original composition, no covers, and (ii) your track must feature a "found" instrument (a household object, a piece of rubbish etc.).

Take a look at the following FB page, you'll get the idea. I do hope you'll consider it.

https://www.facebook.com/1StringInspiration/
Last edited by mellorman on 24 Nov 2016, edited 3 times in total.

8cros

19 Nov 2016

I do not do music for this.

You'll get more PR for yourself. Just send money - without music events. It's despicable. And send money to Africa, and American Indians.
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

selig
RE Developer

19 Nov 2016

8cros wrote:I do not do music for this.

You'll get more PR for yourself. Just send money - without music events. It's despicable. And send money to Africa, and American Indians.
Calm down - calling someone's efforts to help "despicable", is despicable itself!
Many folks won't just give money, but they will purchase a benefit CD or similar.
Different strokes for different folks IMO.
Would be better to simply NOT comment, and certainly not comment publicly, than to comment here - do you honestly believe you're going to change minds with an internet comment, especially with that attitude?

Folks you can either participate or not (or make positive suggestions) - but no further negative comments in this thread please.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

8cros

19 Nov 2016

selig wrote:

Calm down - calling someone's efforts to help "despicable", is despicable itself!
Many folks won't just give money, but they will purchase a benefit CD or similar.
Would be better to simply NOT comment, and certainly not comment publicly, than to comment here - do you honestly believe you're going to change minds with an internet comment, especially with that attitude?

Folks you can either participate or not (or make positive suggestions) - but no further negative comments in this thread please.
Let's do it! ...a great way to learn about your music, other people. :)
REASON RESONANCES

8cros

19 Nov 2016

Heart of a Dog.

Vyazemskaya ... I suggest you take a few magazines - in favor of the German children. In half a ruble a thing!
Preobrazhensky: No, I will not take.
Vyazemskaya: But why do you refuse?
Preobrazhensky: I do not want.
Vyazemskaya: You do not sympathize with the children of Germany?
Preobrazhensky: I sympathize.
Vyazemskaya: A fifty dollars a pity ...
Preobrazhensky: None.
Vyazemskaya: So why?

selig wrote:
Not that case.
You can repress me politically, behind public comment.
Last edited by 8cros on 19 Nov 2016, edited 1 time in total.
REASON RESONANCES

HepCat

19 Nov 2016

Personal plea: please don't bring politics into it, it's a quick way to make ppl hate each other forever, especialy in today's bizarre world. I like this forum because there's no real hate on here and would love for it to stay that way :P

As for the OP, that is a really kind thought. I wish l could actually finish a decent tune and contribute. Sad now!

Karim
Competition Winner

19 Nov 2016

selig wrote:

I agreed with Giles. And so why to don't make music for a good reason. I can give one of my all tracks if can serve some cause ... why not?
I never do it in the past but there is ever a first time ... I make dance and electronic music ( I don't play in a band). We can see if my tracks are valuable for that cause...

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Karim
Competition Winner

19 Nov 2016

8cros wrote:Heart of a Dog.

Vyazemskaya ... I suggest you take a few magazines - in favor of the German children. In half a ruble a thing!

selig wrote:
Not that case.
And so what are you trying to say with this imaginary dialog? Are we in a movie of Quentin Tarantino [emoji11] ?

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

8cros

19 Nov 2016

lemec wrote: And so what are you trying to say with this imaginary dialog? Are we in a movie of Quentin Tarantino [emoji11] ?

This literary classics tells you personally.
REASON RESONANCES

selig
RE Developer

19 Nov 2016

8cros wrote:Heart of a Dog.

selig wrote:
Not that case.
Dr Jeckyl or mr Hyde? I preferred your "let's do it" post more than this one. What's up Dude?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

8cros

19 Nov 2016

selig wrote:Dr Jeckyl or mr Hyde? I preferred your "let's do it" post more than this one. What's up Dude?

If I keep my personal opinion, Iwill 1000% banned.
You know that. Well?

Do not forget to add who bombed hospitals. (Russian) On the back of your CD.

And the money, only to hit a "moderate terrorists". Do not confuse:
Government - oppositions - oppositions Moderate - Moderate terrorists. Terrorists.
For the purposes of the politically correct. :)
REASON RESONANCES

selig
RE Developer

19 Nov 2016

Consider this a warning. Stop NOW. Start your own thread if you want to talk politics.

Selig Audio, LLC

8cros

19 Nov 2016

selig wrote:Consider this a warning. Stop NOW. Start your own thread if you want to talk politics.

I said, all in the first message and then reply to the interrogation.
PR on the edge of death is meanness.
REASON RESONANCES

selig
RE Developer

19 Nov 2016

You just earned a one day ban. Come back in a day with a better attitude.

Selig Audio, LLC

Exowildebeest

19 Nov 2016

@Selig: "Humanitarian aid for Syria" means "aiding terrorists" to some people. In Russia and many other countries, the narrative on the Syrian war is radically different from that in the West.

Just trying to explain 8cros behaviour here...

avasopht
Competition Winner

19 Nov 2016

Well it seems interesting so I've shared it with a small network of musicians around the globe :)

mellorman

19 Nov 2016

Thank you to those of you who have expressed interest, or made efforts to increase the understanding and tolerance. I'm going to remove my original post now as I can see it is clearly inflammatory to some people. I'm very disappointed as the project has, to date, been a great force for musical and artistic creativity, but I guess it's not for everyone.

selig
RE Developer

19 Nov 2016

Exowildebeest wrote:@Selig: "Humanitarian aid for Syria" means "aiding terrorists" to some people. In Russia and many other countries, the narrative on the Syrian war is radically different from that in the West.

Just trying to explain 8cros behaviour here...
OK, fine, but not in this thread. I'm Sorry, whatever your opinion this is not the thread to express it IMO. I suggested he start his own thread and he instead kept crashing this one. He'll be back tomorrow (or not).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

19 Nov 2016

mellorman wrote:Thank you to those of you who have expressed interest, or made efforts to increase the understanding and tolerance. I'm going to remove my original post now as I can see it is clearly inflammatory to some people. I'm very disappointed as the project has, to date, been a great force for musical and artistic creativity, but I guess it's not for everyone.
Only one person complained - no need to delete IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

mellorman

20 Nov 2016

selig wrote:
Only one person complained - no need to delete IMO.
The other poster's hijack of the thread has rather killed the mood, tbh. I have now edited the text, and the link to the FB page is still there if anyone would like to take part.
Last edited by mellorman on 24 Nov 2016, edited 3 times in total.

HepCat

20 Nov 2016

Probably better to delete the inflammatory posts inc. the one by the 2nd guy smearing everything with insinuations of extremism and innocently attributing it to some imaginary bunny rabbit in "explanation". Polite suggestion: Moderating can mean deleting some posts sometimes. If you allow b/s political sh*tmongering on a forum still (in my opinion) in its growth phase, then you'll have ppl hating each other and not offering help to each other, which is toxic, let alone the possibility that - causally further down the line - babies might actually die as a result [in this specific example].

Final word: I don't get how people can bring politics into this. It's not self-promotion either because music is a matter of taste, and anyway, it's still charity. Naysayers: Make your own custom modded and rodded charity to save people's lives. Oh what, you're too busy? Mhm.

• Information