(Techno/Melodic Techno) March of the Elephants

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

11 Feb 2023

latest from me. can you hear the trumpets as the elephants march on to their destination.

Synths are mostly vst , lots of reason effects alongside valhalla vintage verb.

Tried to keep this one more techno without the trancey elements my songs usually have. As always comments appreciated.

Bandcamp link if you want to download if for free. Soundcloud link for convenience :)

<iframe style="border: 0; width: 350px; height: 442px;" src="https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/tra ... rent=true/" seamless><a href="
Of the Elephants by Samiver</a></iframe>

Soundcloud link for convenience :)

RTFX

11 Feb 2023

Very nice!
When is your album expected?
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Jac459

11 Feb 2023

Sorry to say but it is still very very trancey :-)...

But the atmosphere is very pleasant, the elephant sounds are really nice and go well with the percussion.
The mixing and Mastering seem to be very good, it is not tiring on the hear and the kick really standout the way it should (in my opinion).
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

Popey
Competition Winner

12 Feb 2023

RTFX wrote:
11 Feb 2023
Very nice!
When is your album expected?
Thanks RTFX. Not sure i have the time for an album (maybe a best of 2023 at the most) :lol:

Popey
Competition Winner

12 Feb 2023

Jac459 wrote:
11 Feb 2023
Sorry to say but it is still very very trancey :-)...

But the atmosphere is very pleasant, the elephant sounds are really nice and go well with the percussion.
The mixing and Mastering seem to be very good, it is not tiring on the hear and the kick really standout the way it should (in my opinion).
Ha ha must be getting trance influences subconsciously :)

Glad you liked it

Last Alternative

17 Feb 2023

Yeah - SOLID low end. It's giving trance all the way. But I get confused with some of this similar genres so who knows. Sounds techno too. That beat is sick. Did you program it or is it loops? This is the kind of stuff I've been listening to at work recently. A+
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Popey
Competition Winner

18 Feb 2023

Last Alternative wrote:
17 Feb 2023
Yeah - SOLID low end. It's giving trance all the way. But I get confused with some of this similar genres so who knows. Sounds techno too. That beat is sick. Did you program it or is it loops? This is the kind of stuff I've been listening to at work recently. A+
Thanks Last Alternative 👍. The beat is all programmed by me as I don't tend to use loops anymore preferring to just drag lots of individual drum hits into live drum rack or Kong and jam out on my push controller.

There is also a bit of delay (echo device) and reverb (valhalla vintage verb) on a lot of the percussive elements which I automated so there are subtle changes along with automated filtering.

Glad you liked it 😊

Popey
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2023

Apologies for spamming my own song but i have been using this track to try and up my mastering game. this is my efforts and overall seems to sound a lot more glued than before.

Superology

05 Mar 2023

I liked this track. A little bit repetitive and unmelodic but feels big quality. This kind of stuff I want to make but with breakbeats and wild arrangement.

RTFX

06 Mar 2023

This sounds so good i could use it as a reference track
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

PhillipOrdonez

07 Apr 2023

Sounds tight

Popey
Competition Winner

08 Apr 2023

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
07 Apr 2023
Sounds tight
Thanks Phillip :thumbs_up:

raymondh

25 Apr 2023

Fantastic track! Really great groove/rhythm programming - quite inspiring!!

• Information