[Dubstep] - Let's Play Tonight

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
jakrbt

08 Aug 2022

This track was created a few years back when Allihoopa was around. Most of the track was made in Figure and then recorded into Reason. It was done in collaboration with one of the other Alihoopa users, maddeer. I've considered many times going back through it and redoing the drums (which were straight from Figure). Even now, Figure remains a very powerful tool, especially for what it is and if you haven't already checked it out....DO IT!!!!

"Without music, life would be a mistake.” —Friedrich Nietzsche

strangers
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2022

I like the song and its structure. The kick is very robotic and stiff while the rest of the instruments seem really tame in comparison. That left me feeling wanting more from the mix. Other than that, the mix is still very clean. Nice work!

jakrbt

09 Aug 2022

strangers wrote:
09 Aug 2022
I like the song and its structure. The kick is very robotic and stiff while the rest of the instruments seem really tame in comparison. That left me feeling wanting more from the mix. Other than that, the mix is still very clean. Nice work!
Exactly why I've considered completely retooling the drums. That was just the kit from Figure and with only 8 bars to work with. Now granted, I could've recorded different sections, fills, etc. but I think I'm just not happy with the drum kit sounds themselves. I've got much better kicks, snares, hats, etc. in Reason that would really up the game a bit for this track.
"Without music, life would be a mistake.” —Friedrich Nietzsche

FrankJaeger

10 Aug 2022

I like the ambience and overall vibe of the track a lot. I do feel the drums are a bit of a mismatch with everything else though. It would definitely be worth revisiting this track and reworking the drum sounds because you're on to something good here. Nice work.
Midniite Music
My Gear: 2021 Macbook Pro M1/UA Volt 176 Interface/JBL Series 3, 8" Monitors/Akai MPK mini mk3/

• Information