(Horror-gaze/Electronic) Not That Far Away

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
stillifegaijin

20 May 2022

New release. Not sure who the audience for this is. Curious to see what y'all think.

Bandcamp link since I don't have it posted to Soundcloud.

<iframe style="border: 0; width: 350px; height: 442px;" src="https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/tra ... rent=true/" seamless><a href="
">Not That Far Away by bdRm</a></iframe>

strangers
Competition Winner

23 May 2022

Good stuff. I like how you built this up with the drums and bass. I think the song could benefit from expanding the idea a little further as it gets a little repetitive in the second half.

stillifegaijin

23 May 2022

strangers wrote:
23 May 2022
Good stuff. I like how you built this up with the drums and bass. I think the song could benefit from expanding the idea a little further as it gets a little repetitive in the second half.
Thanks for listening and the comment. I appreciate it.

The repetition is a purposeful choice to avoid our usual pattern of over complicating, always building, and trying to make everything super interesting all the time. We are kinda in a phase of experimenting with not doing things and letting things be a little boring. Taking inspiration from artists like Seefeel and Disjecta. But it's a process and I find it very difficult to let things just "be" for too long...Thus, the very short song length.

Chizmata

30 May 2022

not bad with a lot of upwards potential.

the positive: its definitely a creative idea and a relatively unique sound. also the mix is very wide, big and mainly transparent. the fact that there are so few mono-ish elements really gives me the feeling of "gazing" into a tunnel surrounded by these dark sounds.

criticism: the idea could be developed a little more, maybe through variation, interaction and/or more length. also the big rumble reverb could be sidechain compressed by other low sounds like the kick, as it introduces a certain muddyness.

Popey
Competition Winner

31 May 2022

I liked this very dark and atmospheric. I must admit i had never heard of Horror-gaze as a genre or style until this tune but liked the suspension and dark vibes. This dark style would work well remixed as a techno or DNB track i feel too.

I would kinda agree with others that i wish it were longer and developed over time but that is only to hear more.

Micha1973

31 May 2022

A nice Mood*
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

• Information