[World Music] Venham mais cinco - Instrumental

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
mcatalao
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2020

Hi!
This is a cover song from Zeca Afonso from the time Portugal was still a dictatorship.

This album was released in 1973 and the Singer was instantly imprisoned. In 1974 Portugal had a revolution and Zeca created some of the most important songs of the people...

I played in world music groups before and this was one of the covers we did (I think I did this song in every single one) and it was one of my favourite songs to play live!

I hope you like it!

Technicalities:

All instruments performed by yours truly.

The piano is the Live is what you make if from Reason Pianos, the bass is from Electric Bass, the drums is the pop kit from Reason drum kits (the bass and drums, are from the new re's versions). Darbuka and shakers weew recorded through an oktava mk012 into an TLAudio Ivory 5052. Melodica, was recorded with the built in mic (it's a Hammond Mellodion HP) into the TLAudio. Flute is a Susato Low Whistler trhough the lovely Audio Technica 4047 mp.

Most mixed with reason mixer, used Selig Levelerr for the flute and the melodica, the darbuka was processed with MCDsp MooTube.

MAster chain include Kuassa MP5, MCDsp C670, Softube Tape, Isotope Ozone (dynamic eq, stereo expander, limiter).

Hope you like it!

EdwardKiy

06 May 2020

Thoroughly enjoyed! Badass flute!

mcatalao
Competition Winner

07 May 2020

EdwardKiy wrote:
06 May 2020
Thoroughly enjoyed! Badass flute!
Thanks man, glad you enjoyed it!

Micha1973

07 May 2020

:puf_smile: Not my mind of music but nice and balanced Mix.
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

Synthopathe

09 May 2020

Cool rendition of a beautiful song. Enjoyed the video :)

mcatalao
Competition Winner

11 May 2020

Thanks Mica and Synthopathe!

Tiny Montgomery

12 May 2020

Wonderful. The recording, the performance, the video and the context you provide in your post!

• Information