(Electronic\Upbeat\PoohBear Style) Into The Night (with *New* Video)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 May 2017

Been a while, there are a couple of shifts in this track, hope you enjoy, feedback as usual welcome...

Oh and you have a choice of a Video or not :)

(New video 18th Aug)

PoohBear

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Music made with Reason
(Electronic) Solar Dance
(Electronic) Into The Night
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players
(Electronic) 5 Steps (Video added) Updated
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 18 Aug 2017, edited 4 times in total.

Benedict
Competition Winner

05 May 2017

Cool. Quite early post-House.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 May 2017

Scoobyman II wrote:Nice. I liked the squirrel suit video as well.
Glad you enjoyed them :thumbs_up:

Benedict wrote:Cool. Quite early post-House.
Genres, can never keep up with them, I'll keep it simple and call all my stuff, PoohBear Style LOL :D

Jagwah

06 May 2017

Really enjoyed it, could get down with a whole album.

Cool video too I like what you did there, what are you using to generate those patterns and things, and also what did you use to put the WBL3001 in the corners like that, would really like to know thanks :)

sdst
Competition Winner

06 May 2017

Nice sequencer music. :) the music reminds me some tv computer program from the 90s

Daniel36

06 May 2017

That was such a weird video haha! I liked it! Suited the track well though. Very spacey track, reminds me of a synthesizer album I had many, many years ago, when I was still a kid! I like it! Very spacey!

raymondh

06 May 2017

Very cool track - nicely done!
This would be a great soundtrack.
The sound design is an interesting blend of retro+contemporary which I always like.
That video is crazy - really well done, and it is perfect for the music. How did you do it?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 May 2017

Jagwah wrote:Really enjoyed it, could get down with a whole album.

Cool video too I like what you did there, what are you using to generate those patterns and things, and also what did you use to put the WBL3001 in the corners like that, would really like to know thanks :)
To generate patterns I do a real mixture of things, from by hand, arp playing an arp (even the same sequence, you can get some interesting results).
In this track the bass and middle section was all by hand, I'm not a great player so usually I will slow the tempo right down, quantize on, play the sequence about 20 times and pick the one which sounds the best and copy and paste is my friend :)
The high end arp's are just really plain Thor or Monopoly, I use them more like a note repeater or just a plain repeat an octave higher sort of thing.

I did this track (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7495431) and used the players all over the place, mainly to show you can use the players creatively without it sounding totally generated...
sdst wrote:Nice sequencer music. :) the music reminds me some tv computer program from the 90s
Daniel36 wrote:That was such a weird video haha! I liked it! Suited the track well though. Very spacey track, reminds me of a synthesizer album I had many, many years ago, when I was still a kid! I like it! Very spacey!
raymondh wrote:Very cool track - nicely done!
This would be a great soundtrack.
The sound design is an interesting blend of retro+contemporary which I always like.
That video is crazy - really well done, and it is perfect for the music. How did you do it?
First of, thank you all for taking your time to comment.

For the Retro/90's/spacey comment, thank you :) my music roots are with Tangerine Dream (have over 40 of LPs), Jarre, Vangelis etc. but I feel like I just can't do modern (EDM) music so I do my own style (works for me :D )...

I use Video Studio (Also use PowerDirector however I have not used PowerDirector for a while as there are sound output issues, shame as it's so much faster than Video Studio for rendering) to produce the video however I use PowerDirector for the screen capture (it has better output options).

With most screen capture software you can just target a small area which I did to capture the WBL3001, Lectric Panda's Spektrum and Skope.
The main background I use milkdrop, Planet 9 and windows media player and blended them together.
I did come across another program that looks very interesting called VSXu but there is more of learning curve on that one but it does seam to be more in-sync with the music... So my next one may be done with that, also just started playing about with blender and doing a spectrum via that...

Jagwah

06 May 2017

Thanks for the info! Be good to see more, I'll check out some of your other stuff.

Zac

17 May 2017

I didn't watch the video... but I love your style. Reminded me of JMJ quite a bit.

HepCat

17 May 2017

It certainly showcases your gear. Sounds quite complex and sophisticated, well done.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

21 May 2017

Zac wrote:I didn't watch the video... but I love your style. Reminded me of JMJ quite a bit.
Hey dude, thanks for listening, hope things have settled down in your world...
HepCat wrote:It certainly showcases your gear. Sounds quite complex and sophisticated, well done.
Thank you.. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :D :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

jappe

18 Aug 2017

A nice piece, great sound, and JMJ/Vangelish sounding :thumbs_up:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

18 Aug 2017

jappe wrote:
18 Aug 2017
A nice piece, great sound, and JMJ/Vangelish sounding :thumbs_up:
Thanks dude, note I have just updated the video link as I did remix....

PoohBear

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Music made with Reason
(Electronic) Solar Dance
(Electronic) Into The Night
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players
(Electronic) 5 Steps (Video added) Updated
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

• Information