Rob Papen BIT vs BIT 2 update ?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
tanni

22 Jun 2023

Does anyone know if Rob Papen will also update the BIT 2 synthesizer for the RE ?

rickrubin

22 Jun 2023

I dont think he is active anymore so no

crimsonwarlock

23 Jun 2023

The RP REs are still getting bugfixes when needed, but the newer VST versions have functionality that is hard or impossible to implement with the current RE SDK. There was a functional update for Vecto announced a few years back, that never surfaced. I asked Rob about it, and he said he would look into it, but I never heard back from him.

Still, I have bought almost all his REs, as they are excellent in their own right. Not having BIT 2 as a RE, doesn't make BIT RE a lesser instrument. It is among the top VA synths available for the rack :thumbup:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

rickrubin

23 Jun 2023

yes all his synths are actually very underrated. sub boom (just to name one besides BIT), there are no updates/version 2.0 to that one either, but still very good. it freezes when scrolling trough the patches. however not something he would fix ...I guess?

tanni

23 Jun 2023

hm, it seems to me that the new features of BIT 2 are not fundamental changes, but extensions that, in my opinion, should be easy to implement in the RE, e.g. the new oscillator waveforms.
It would be a shame if Rob Papen had written off the RE format. Then I wouldn't buy any more RE from him. Maybe someone from TEAM Rob Papen can comment on that.
it seems that the RE format is slowly dying out. This is a pity.

Jac459

23 Jun 2023

Rob Papen, Synapse, were top developer for the RE platform... But indeed it seems to be ending.
I think the fact that VST3 is supported is one of the factor. Other factor is that many people now use reason as RRP... And no need to have RE version in this case...
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

hamsterfactor

21 May 2024

BIT 2 is currently being offered for the same price as the BIT RE at Audio Plugin Deals.
:reason: Suite 11  |  :reason: 12 perpetual license  |  :re::refill: |  macOS Ventura  |  Mac Studio M1 Max

Mattvank

21 May 2024

Rop Papen did with BIT RE a great job for me. THX Rop :-)

• Information