JiggeryPokery chenille update and new instrument

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Jmax

05 Jan 2017

The new design looks really nice and appreciate the preset re-organisation.
Love to see you do something similar with Steerpike.

moneykube

05 Jan 2017

is this an update to chenille... it doesn't appear as an update on prop site?... I don't see an update option... I do have Chenille Chorus Ensemble

Version: 1.1.0
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

eusti

05 Jan 2017

moneykube wrote:is this an update to chenille... it doesn't appear as an update on prop site?... I don't see an update option... I do have Chenille Chorus Ensemble

Version: 1.1.0
Jiggery mentioned: "Expect Chenille 2 next week." here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7498367#p301003 ;)

D.

submonsterz

05 Jan 2017

:( sorry i dont like it .
Must be the only one probally.
I like the original gui 100% better new one just makes me think i wont update the device unless something major happens in a next update .
Its a bit of a bummer though as if i now use sync all it will get updated like a couple of others i really didnt want to get updated did automatically as there is no selective sync option . Means scroll through and select each one seperately in a painfull way ....
I bought the original as as it was made sense to me and looks wayyyyu cooler .
Sorry essel and jp.

eusti

05 Jan 2017

submonsterz wrote::( sorry i dont like it .
I like the original gui 100% better new one just makes me think i wont update the device unless something major happens in a next update .
Its a bit of a bummer though as if i now use sync all it will get updated like a couple of others i really didnt want to get updated did automatically as there is no selective sync option .
You are safe. It's a paid upgrade. ;)

D.

submonsterz

05 Jan 2017

;) 8
eusti wrote:
Its a bit of a bummer though as if i now use sync all it will get updated like a couple of others i really didnt want to get updated did automatically as there is no selective sync option .

D.
Good thing too id be unhappy for free not alone to pay for a ui change even if i thought it was spectacular looking.
Still its not just this re that had changes that i made mistake of clicking sync all and it gave me changes on certain ones i just did not like or gel with . An issue i think needs sorting by props on that front to be honest as one at a time is sooo very frustrating the more the re owned page gets longer for me and others. Think it needs a tick box option on the sync setting for select all then go just untick those you want left as is simples.

eusti

05 Jan 2017

submonsterz wrote:;) 8
eusti wrote:

D.
Good thing too id be unhappy for free not alone to pay for a ui change even if i thought it was spectacular looking.
Still its not just this re that had changes that i made mistake of clicking sync all and it gave me changes on certain ones i just did not like or gel with . An issue i think needs sorting by props on that front to be honest as one at a time is sooo very frustrating the more the re owned page gets longer for me and others. Think it needs a tick box option on the sync setting for select all then go just untick those you want left as is simples.
I actually agree on a few things...

I think the old GUI looked better, maybe a bit slicker... But somehow it was pretty... BUT I never touched the device to edit patches... Maybe I'm just not a chorus or delay programmer... (I like programming synths though...) So, this new GUI looks more inviting and encourages my hope that I'll get into editing these devices more now...

And a good point for wanting a select REs to sync or never sync option. But this might or might not be the thread about that... ;)

D.

vectro

05 Jan 2017

I like that GUI improvement so much.

Lov2sing

05 Jan 2017

Ok I am glad for the update however I just bought it so is there a discount for just purchased?
We make music for a reason

TheGodOfRainbows

05 Jan 2017

The UI is so much more intuitive looking Good job. What I'm really looking forward too is the harpsichord!

challism

05 Jan 2017

Congrats on getting the Harpsichord approved. Funny how we were just talking about that. I know you put a ton of work and money into Harpsichord, so I'm really happy for you. I hope you make your money back. :)

Question about Chenille (and the rest of the updates which are coming); will there be 2 versions available in the shop or will version 2 replace version 1 entirely? For example, the way Parsec 1 isn't available anymore, and only the new Parsec 2 is available.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

txh003

05 Jan 2017

FWIW, I am also not a big fan of the new GUI at all, either. I wish their was an option to keep the original GUI.
:reason: :record: :recycle: :rebirth: :reload: :re: :refill:

challism

05 Jan 2017

txh003 wrote:
FWIW, I am also not a big fan of the new GUI at all, either. I wish their was an option to keep the original GUI.

There is an option to keep the original. Don't pay for the upgrade! :)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MarkTarlton

05 Jan 2017

first off this looks amazing to my eyes and aesthetically to me it's super tasty art work :)

that being said I have always thought it would be great to have the option to remove the backdrop, and even better, let us be able to make our own graphic/skins easily...just like the combinator.

Faastwalker

05 Jan 2017

Its a bit of a bummer though as if i now use sync all it will get updated like a couple of others i really didnt want to get updated did automatically as there is no selective sync option . Means scroll through and select each one seperately in a painfull way ....
I bought the original as as it was made sense to me and looks wayyyyu cooler .
Sorry essel and jp.
You are not alone ;) I prefer the original & was also concerned that it would be lost to the new design the next time I hit the button to sync my RE's. Thankfully, as others have said, it's a paid for upgrade so we can keep the original without fear! Thank goodness for paid for GUI upgrades.

txh003

06 Jan 2017

challism wrote:
txh003 wrote:

There is an option to keep the original. Don't pay for the upgrade! :)
:oops: After reading your reply and backtracking to previous posts, I am now aware that the new interface is for Chenille 2 and not the present version of the RE. Therefore, the new GUI is not applicable to my situation, due to the fact that Chenille 1 serves my chorus needs in Reason.

With that said, it is nice to see further development of Chenille, as it is a very good chorus RE.
:reason: :record: :recycle: :rebirth: :reload: :re: :refill:

RhysHuntley89

06 Jan 2017

I wish we could somehow keep our old versions of our REs when updating. :(

For instance, with Parsec I liked the old aesthetic more and only got it a few weeks before the new one, but I also enjoy and want the new features. It would be great to have both to switch between as I please. Same thing with Chenille, this update makes things easier and has a more modern look, but I like the old aesthetic, too!

qn5

06 Jan 2017

esselfortium wrote:Awesome! I'm excited to see this go live -- JP contacted me a while back to do the new design, and I'm really proud of how it came out. It's a really deep and complex device, and with that in mind I aimed to make its new layout as approachable and understandable as possible. I hope you guys like it!
From one UX designer to the next... excellent work. The original looked like an excel spreadsheet of check boxes. Kudos!
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

Mysterygrimms

06 Jan 2017

What I want to know is the price for the new JPS Harpsichord RE.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

06 Jan 2017

Mysterygrimms wrote:What I want to know is the price for the new JPS Harpsichord RE.
The [Combo] Electric Harpsichord, as it is specifically an electric harpsichord, not a classical harpsichord, is set at $29.

mataya

06 Jan 2017

Is the gui only thing that is being updated, because this is not really important to me.
Sorry if I missed that somwhere before.

Catblack

06 Jan 2017

mataya wrote:Is the gui only thing that is being updated, because this is not really important to me.
Sorry if I missed that somwhere before.
He's moved the controls that were on the back to the front (which makes them automatable.) Also added 12 rate dials. Patches are also reorganized for quicker access. He hasn't shown the back, but I bet she looks good in a bathing suit.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Mysterygrimms

06 Jan 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:
Mysterygrimms wrote:What I want to know is the price for the new JPS Harpsichord RE.
The [Combo] Electric Harpsichord, as it is specifically an electric harpsichord, not a classical harpsichord, is set at $29.
When is it hitting the Prop Shop? I am ready to buy it right now.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Dave909

06 Jan 2017

Love the new design and will definately upgrade. Its easier for me to see where the controls are like that. Have to admit i always go for the Dimension patch too and do very little to no tweaking on it myself, lol. Just sounds great.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

09 Jan 2017

Combo Electric Harpsichord is now available in the PropShop for just 29 eurodollars.

Additionally, the old 1U "super-spider" range have been EOL'd, and are now available free.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... rpsichord/

Our six-track playlist from sutijavasara, Bach, and me:

• Information