**More..more..and more** New Rack Extension From KiloHearts Coming....

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pjeudy

10 Aug 2016

Last edited by pjeudy on 05 Sep 2016, edited 4 times in total.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

dioxide

10 Aug 2016

Interesting. Seems to be the first of their Snapins as a RE:
http://kilohearts.com/products/bitcrush

pjeudy

10 Aug 2016

Exactly. They've said in the past that they would port them to Reason.
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

challism

11 Aug 2016

I've got my bitcrushing needs really well handled with Decimort and Resampler, but I'm always happy to see more REs in the shop!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

pjeudy

12 Aug 2016

:idea:

dioxide

12 Aug 2016

Awesome :D I love KH's GUIs.

submonsterz

12 Aug 2016

pjeudy wrote::idea:
very un-impressed by that vid to be honest :redface:

Faastwalker

12 Aug 2016

What is this RE? Is it literally just a tape stop effect? (That's all I'm getting from the video).

The GUI looks great with the cassette tapes. But hopefully it does more than just tape stops.

joeyluck

13 Aug 2016

Faastwalker wrote:What is this RE? Is it literally just a tape stop effect? (That's all I'm getting from the video).

The GUI looks great with the cassette tapes. But hopefully it does more than just tape stops.
It's Tape Stop and it's another one of their 'snapins' being made into a Rack Extension. You can check it out on their site. You get independent control over start and stop times as well as the curve. It also sounds great :)

Faastwalker

13 Aug 2016

joeyluck wrote:
Faastwalker wrote:What is this RE? Is it literally just a tape stop effect? (That's all I'm getting from the video).

It's Tape Stop and it's another one of their 'snapins' being made into a Rack Extension. You can check it out on their site. You get independent control over start and stop times as well as the curve. It also sounds great :)
https://kilohearts.com/products/tape_stop

I'm almost tempted to get it, whatever it does, just to have those little cassette tape animations in the rack :thumbs_up: But if it has CV control over the start / stop and maybe tape speed it could be very interesting. I'm thinking Boards of Canada style subtle pitch modulation effects.

Stranger.

13 Aug 2016

joeyluck wrote:Here's a fun video of it being used
Joeyluck,are you setting people up for dis-appointment here-- do you really expect this to work exactly the same as shown in video?
lol. close is not really close enough to 'win' in my book.. re's to date,are not showing the 'advertised' potentials of product launch,or are they really??
I had much much higher hopes for the extensions.... bleh. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :shock:

Zac

13 Aug 2016

joeyluck wrote:Here's a fun video of it being used creatively in a buildup sweep
Hmm, he uses a lot more than the prospective RE.

joeyluck

13 Aug 2016

Yeah it would be cool to have Snap Heap (as shown in that video) or Multipass... But you can do CV modulation and automation galore within Reason. And if we are considering that kiloHearts ends up porting many more or all snapins, then you might see the other snapins featured in the video available for the Reason rack.

Keep in mind that the snapins, which can also be used as regular VST/AU. They are fantastic on their own. But if you want to use them together and modulate different parameters, you can certainly work with them similarly inside Reason.

QVprod

13 Aug 2016

Stranger. wrote:
Joeyluck,are you setting people up for dis-appointment here-- do you really expect this to work exactly the same as shown in video?
lol. close is not really close enough to 'win' in my book.. re's to date,are not showing the 'advertised' potentials of product launch,or are they really??
I had much much higher hopes for the extensions.... bleh. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :shock:
Zac wrote:
joeyluck wrote:Here's a fun video of it being used creatively in a buildup sweep
Hmm, he uses a lot more than the prospective RE.
Guys all of this can pretty much be done with stock Reason devices. You have access to CV, side chaining, and automation.

Nice find Joey.

joeyluck

14 Aug 2016

QVprod wrote:
Nice find Joey.
Well it was an easy enough find since it's one of kiloHearts' videos :)

Anders did a great job. I really dig videos like this which explore ways to achieve effects and are willing to experiment and change course a little along the way; less scripted. I feel I learn more watching someone make creative decisions as they go versus saying, "This is precisely how this is done." I feel it helps a little more with inspiring ideas. And it's still pretty concise :thumbs_up:

dagwood

14 Aug 2016

submonsterz wrote:
pjeudy wrote::idea:
very un-impressed by that vid to be honest :redface:
Tape-stop effect isn't for everyone; no shame in that. But seriously, come on - that animated cassette tape looks pretty awesome!

dagwood

14 Aug 2016

Stranger. wrote:
He's not setting anyone up for disappointment. If Kilohearts are releasing some of their snap-ins as RE's, sign me up. We already have the vast majority of the functionality of Multipass already in Reason, so these boutique effects seems like a better option for us anyway. Judging from what they did with Tape Stop's animated cassette effect, their offerings are light years ahead of what Sugar Bytes tried to pull off.

orthodox
RE Developer

14 Aug 2016

Is that bitcrushing effect something like Scream 4 Digital damage type?

Loque

14 Aug 2016

Sry, i am not impressed, even by the VST thing. As there are not enough such FX already available on the market. And to all those guys celebrating the modular approach should have look into Reason.
Reason12, Win10

Creativemind

14 Aug 2016

The Tape Stop clip isn't that elaborate but I'm sure that and the other Re's from Kilohearts will be great. They certainly (aesthetically) look great.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

dioxide

15 Aug 2016

I agree that a lot of what the Snapins do are already possible in Reason, often with stock devices from what I can tell (never having demoed Multipass/Snapins). However these devices are very much in the spirit of the early versions of Reason and fit well into the Reason paradigm. In a lot of ways Multipass/Snapins was Reason for VST users. VST users are only just starting to get into the kind of modular fun we've been enjoying since v1.0.

A lot of Reason users' basic needs have already been taken care of since RE came around. So we already have three freq band splitters (that I can think of) plus the MClass device. The only thing to improve now is minor, minor features and the way it is implemented, we're now at the stage of improvement and evolution rather than revolution. I'm assuming that Kiloheartz are going to include a RE Splitter if they are porting all the individual Snapins. You definitely don't need another splitter, but if they introduce one with a FFT display I think a lot of people would go for that.

dioxide

15 Aug 2016

Which other REs do tape stop?

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/glitch-effect/
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... ereffects/

I don't own either of these and I think I prefer the idea of KH's single function device.

Creativemind

15 Aug 2016

dioxide wrote:Which other REs do tape stop?

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/glitch-effect/
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... ereffects/

I don't own either of these and I think I prefer the idea of KH's single function device.
Beatchop as well.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... me-slicer/

And the Buffre Beat Repeater.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... -repeater/
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

dioxide

15 Aug 2016

Creativemind wrote:And the Buffre Beat Repeater.
I can't get Buffre to do a good tape stop. The pitch stays constant I think, I can't get the pitch to bend.

• Information