Problem with combinator + friktion

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
lychee

13 Apr 2023

I've been trying for a long time to create a believable string ensemble with Friktion.
I think I have reached the end of my quest, but there are still a few small details that bother me, here is one of them.

I try that the position of the bow moves according to the pitch of the note played, and for that I simply associate the source key to the parameter bow position in a combinator (logic).

The problem is that the instrument is not the whole keyboard, it is limited to a certain range, and certain notes are dedicated to keyswitches.
So I considered using the source range option of the combinator, but this one speaks to me in percentage or in midi parameter of 127 and not in number of notes.

If anyone has come across this kind of problem before and has a solution to offer me, I'm a taker.
I've always been a dunce, I don't know how to calculate that.

Friktion.jpg
Friktion.jpg (257.67 KiB) Viewed 692 times

lychee

26 Apr 2023

Hi.
This is just a small message for the admins to ask them to please delete this thread, because I solved my "problem" myself, and no one answered in the meantime, so this one becomes useless.
Thanks in advance.

deeplink
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2023

lychee wrote:
26 Apr 2023
Hi.
This is just a small message for the admins to ask them to please delete this thread, because I solved my "problem" myself, and no one answered in the meantime, so this one becomes useless.
Thanks in advance.
Out of interest, what was the solution?
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

PhillipOrdonez

26 Apr 2023

I want to know the solution too, please don't delete, illuminate! ☺️

lychee

26 Apr 2023

Sorry, it's true that it could be useful to others, so forget my request to delete the thread.

Basically, I put myself in an impasse for lack of observation.
I hadn't seen the velocity option to control a parameter in the combinator, so I was able to release one of the 4 parameters integrated into Friktion and assign the keyboard to the attribute of my choice, and as it is directly in Friktion, the Keyswitch are excluded from the treatment I wanted to apply, so I no longer have disturbances on my parameter with each application of a keyswitch.
I don't know if I was clear, but it's not easy to explain, especially since I don't really speak English (thanks Google Translate).

So I solved my problem, but the problem remains that the use of "Source Range" when using the source "Key" in the Combinator should be indicated in notes, or so I really did not understand how it works here?

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

26 Apr 2023

It runs from notes C2-E7, which in MIDI numbers is 48-112, so you can set the source range to this.

Enjoy,
Brian

• Information