Midi out to several external instruments

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
nikolayy

25 Dec 2023

Hey there,

I'm using Reason as a VST within Ableton. I want the bass line, generated by the Bassline Generator, to align with the root notes of the ChordSequencer. This is simple through CV cable routing. However, I'm looking to send the MIDI data from the bass to a Kontakt instrument and the chord MIDI info to some Arturia keys. Is this achievable, and how can I set it up?

Thanks!

Nikolayy

antic604

19 Feb 2024

nikolayy wrote:
25 Dec 2023
Hey there,

I'm using Reason as a VST within Ableton. I want the bass line, generated by the Bassline Generator, to align with the root notes of the ChordSequencer. This is simple through CV cable routing. However, I'm looking to send the MIDI data from the bass to a Kontakt instrument and the chord MIDI info to some Arturia keys. Is this achievable, and how can I set it up?

Thanks!

Nikolayy
Reason's "MIDI Out" device can send the note data to different MIDI channels, so use that to split the bass and chord data coming out from RRP to Ableton.

Then, grab that data separately using "MIDI From" drop-down routing on Kontakt and Arturia tracks.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Popey
Competition Winner

19 Feb 2024

Yeah as antic states this is easily achievable.

This video demonstrates how to do it in live.

• Information