Synapse Audio The Legend HZ has arrived.

Discuss VST stuff here!

Kilsane

04 May 2024

a vst that I would take later because I keep my budget to update Reason

joeyluck

04 May 2024

Woo hoo!! 🤘 Sounds amazing. Looking forward to the RE version.

Interesting though that nothing about the film, Dune Part 2 is mentioned. I thought the development of this synth was initiated in part for use on that and that they would pitch it as "sounds from the movie" like U-He did with Dark Zebra/ ZebraHZ. I still haven't seen the movie. Exciting either way with the features and having a bunch of great sounds designed by Hans and Kevin, but just curious about that potentially fun fact...

Loque

04 May 2024

Uhh...would the 3 additional oscillator fit in the RE?

The mod matrix is great, but does it have a few more modulation sources?

Edit:
  • 6 high-quality VA oscillators.
  • 4 MSEGs (Multiple Segment Envelope Generators).
  • Polyphony up to 12 voices, and a new Unison II mode with increased stereo spread.
  • A Fixed Filter Bank modeled after Hans Zimmer's personal Vintage 914 Fixed Filter Bank.
  • A designated Arpeggiator/Sequencer capable of creating up to 32 step/bar sequences.
  • Modulation matrix with Drag+Drop support.
  • Additional effects on the back panel.
  • Full MPE support.
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

04 May 2024

Loque wrote:
04 May 2024
Richard had said this in a previous post on KVR:
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 9#p8819719
The Rack Extension has a different layout, which is really nice. It will likely get released after the VST/AU/AAX though.
And the more recent post announcing the release today:
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=609900
A rack extension version of The Legend HZ is under development and scheduled to be released later this year.
Hopefully not too much later in the year :-)

RandomNoise

04 May 2024

It sounds great, packed with features (with step sequencer similar to Dune!) and not so heavy on the CPU.
I also love the level of control on the visuals :thumbup:
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 21.21.52.png
Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 21.21.52.png (147.3 KiB) Viewed 1248 times

raymondh

04 May 2024

This thing is amazing.

I bought it, installed it, and started playing and 1/2 hr playing the pad presets disappeared in the blink of an eye!

It's an upgrade, but really it's a totally different instrument to The Legend.

Loque

04 May 2024

Curious if the filter bank can be automated, especially later in the RE version?

Sadly everything on the back of a RE must not be automatically says RS. So all backside FX cannot be automated or mapped in a Combinator. Yet.
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

04 May 2024

Loque wrote:
04 May 2024
Curious if the filter bank can be automated, especially later in the RE version?

Sadly everything on the back of a RE must not be automatically says RS. So all backside FX cannot be automated or mapped in a Combinator. Yet.
Yeah unless they are mirrored on the front like ABL3. I wonder...if a dev was determined to have controls on the back and not have them accessible on the front, but wanted it so they could be automated...maybe the dev could hide them on a front panel that can't be accessed by the user, but is mirrored to the back so they could be automated 🤔 Maybe RS wouldn't let that pass, but it could be a workaround.

Faastwalker

04 May 2024

Very nice. Great to hear it’s coming as an RE at some point

Neo

04 May 2024

More Synapse REs? !<3
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

rorystorm

05 May 2024

Yeah, this looks like its going to be THE rack extension to dominate all others. I'm also curious about how synapse will manage the ffb, I'm very keen to be able to automate it.

And that opening shot of his studio! I've never had such serious gear envy in my life. I had actual palpations.

Popey
Competition Winner

05 May 2024

Loque wrote:
04 May 2024

It can in the vst so hopefully there will be a way for the re.

spacepluk

06 May 2024

Very cool! Any idea if I have to pay for the rack extension if I get the vst now?

Loque

06 May 2024

spacepluk wrote:
06 May 2024
Very cool! Any idea if I have to pay for the rack extension if I get the vst now?
Yes, you must pay for it that way.

In the past, if you pay the RE, you got the VST for free if you provided evidence for the bought RE.
Reason12, Win10

luckygreen

08 May 2024

I hope Richard implements OSC phase offset this time. The Legend VST has this parameter, The Legend RE has not. Can make a huge difference with bass sounds.

Ok, fine, now I have to think again .. EUR 79,00 for the upgrade .. do I really need this? No, of course not. Do I want it that much? .. frist world problems .. :lol:
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

Reminiscence

08 May 2024

raymondh wrote:
04 May 2024
This thing is amazing.

I bought it, installed it, and started playing and 1/2 hr playing the pad presets disappeared in the blink of an eye!

Where did it go? The sustain pedal left off?

Reminiscence

08 May 2024

luckygreen wrote:
08 May 2024
I hope Richard implements OSC phase offset this time. The Legend VST has this parameter, The Legend RE has not. Can make a huge difference with bass sounds.

Ok, fine, now I have to think again .. EUR 79,00 for the upgrade .. do I really need this? No, of course not. Do I want it that much? .. frist world problems .. :lol:
Sorry to tell you, but the first world is a myth created by free market capitalism, so that you can waste your munny. :exclamation:

Sargie

13 May 2024

Have to say, Synapse rocks. They just cross-graded my Rack Extensions to the VST's for The Legend and Obsession.

What great customer service!

Does anyone know if I buy the Legend HZ now, will they be able to do the same when the RE version comes out... I think it's harder doing it "that way" due to the nature of the Reason Shop...

Cheers!

Sarge

spacepluk

13 May 2024

The demo sounds great.

jam-s

13 May 2024

Sargie wrote:
13 May 2024
Does anyone know if I buy the Legend HZ now, will they be able to do the same when the RE version comes out... I think it's harder doing it "that way" due to the nature of the Reason Shop...
I think they (can) only do it from RE to VST.

Lov2sing

13 May 2024

Loque wrote:
04 May 2024

The mod matrix is great, but does it have a few more modulation sources?

Edit:
  • 6 high-quality VA oscillators.
  • 4 MSEGs (Multiple Segment Envelope Generators).
  • Polyphony up to 12 voices, and a new Unison II mode with increased stereo spread.
  • A Fixed Filter Bank modeled after Hans Zimmer's personal Vintage 914 Fixed Filter Bank.
  • A designated Arpeggiator/Sequencer capable of creating up to 32 step/bar sequences.
  • Modulation matrix with Drag+Drop support.
  • Additional effects on the back panel.
  • Full MPE support.
I have the Legend and I believe you are correct it would not fit in the currant RE, Maybe they will make a additional sidecar to go with the ole RE. Then they may even make another larger version of the Legend. Time will tell.
We make music for a reason

luckygreen

16 May 2024

jam-s wrote:
13 May 2024
Sargie wrote:
13 May 2024
I think they (can) only do it from RE to VST.
I bought The Legend VST years ago. Last year I bought Obsession RE. Synapse Audio was kind enough to give me the other format respectively for free. So it seems it works both ways. Can't hurt to ask them: https://www.synapse-audio.com/contactus.html
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

raymondh

Today

Reminiscence wrote:
08 May 2024
raymondh wrote:
04 May 2024
This thing is amazing.

Where did it go? The sustain pedal left off?
The 1/2 hr I lost? Probably somewhere with a bunch of odd socks :D

spacepluk

Today

Loque wrote:
04 May 2024

Oh, I had no idea that's a thing. That doesn't make a lot of sense after they added VST support...

I mean those controls (the VST's) are not in the front and puts the REs at a disadvantage. For example I'm just demoing Obsession and indeed all the FX and the modulation matrix aren't remotable in the RE but they are in the VST.

TIL

• Information