Omnisphere 2 and Komplete 11 overrated?!?

Discuss VST stuff here!
keysperson

04 Jan 2018

I disagree about Komplete. It is excellent. If you for example don't like the presets in FM8 you can search online for collections of dx7 patches. It will import them. Again the same thing for Monark try recreating the Arturia minimode patches I think everything Native make is interesting. It's just you are expected to learn to make your own patches and there are youtube videos that share how to do that.

Omnisphere is different conversation entirely. Because they have Skippy's videos that explain how it works. But it is a synthesizer construction kit. Not as versatile as Reaktor, but along the same lines. Anyways I am trying to figure out how to re-create Synthmaster presets in Omni to learn how to use it. But I agree that spending time arranging is more worthwhile than just using presets. And Omni expects you to learn how to program. The presets don't always do it justice.

jayhosking

04 Jan 2018

Hurricane, calling somebody "Hip Hop guy" when you could take three seconds to look at the person's name in the thread above? That's condescending. You're not giving it straight. You're being a dick. There are ways to engage in a conversation, and even disagree, while remaining a civil, reasonable human being. Generally, the tenor of these forums is pretty good. Shall we try to keep it that way?

hurricane
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2018

jayhosking wrote:
04 Jan 2018
Hurricane, calling somebody "Hip Hop guy" when you could take three seconds to look at the person's name in the thread above? That's condescending. You're not giving it straight. You're being a dick. There are ways to engage in a conversation, and even disagree, while remaining a civil, reasonable human being. Generally, the tenor of these forums is pretty good. Shall we try to keep it that way?
Sure thing, forum peace-maker guy.

:mrgreen:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

KIKBAK1

29 Jan 2018

Omnisphere is great for hip hop Trap etc. Just picked it up for $400 at Namm. Already made 3 or 4 beats. Installed it on Mac for Reason also on my lil PC laptop running FLStudio. This thing is great!!
KIKBAK1.com

PeZiK

30 Jan 2018

QVprod wrote:
03 Jan 2018
hurricane wrote:
03 Jan 2018

And the FA-08 has a "massive sound collection inherited from the flagship INTEGRA-7," that's why I mentioned it. : )
I'm just nit picking lol. Though having played the FA I'm not too impressed with it. The Integra has a lot more to it than the FA-08 since the FA-08 is missing the supernatural synth engine (only has the supernatural acoustic engine). Only the strangely discontinued Jupiter 50/80 had the full functionality of the INTEGRA-7... I'm still confused about that.
FA-06, FA-07 and FA-08 do have indeed the Supernatural Synth Engine. I own FA-06 and it is one of my best purchases in the hardware world.

I also own Integra-7 and it has the same synth engine / sounds - but it has a lot more supernatural sounds built in (piano, strings, etc...) plus plethora of legacy SRX libraries and a huge library of V-Drums. I seldom use it though but it's nice to have it in my arsenal.

Like some people in this thread I didn't like Omnisphere 2 either. Uninspired.

QVprod

30 Jan 2018

PeZiK wrote:
30 Jan 2018
QVprod wrote:
03 Jan 2018

I'm just nit picking lol. Though having played the FA I'm not too impressed with it. The Integra has a lot more to it than the FA-08 since the FA-08 is missing the supernatural synth engine (only has the supernatural acoustic engine). Only the strangely discontinued Jupiter 50/80 had the full functionality of the INTEGRA-7... I'm still confused about that.
FA-06, FA-07 and FA-08 do have indeed the Supernatural Synth Engine. I own FA-06 and it is one of my best purchases in the hardware world.

I also own Integra-7 and it has the same synth engine / sounds - but it has a lot more supernatural sounds built in (piano, strings, etc...) plus plethora of legacy SRX libraries and a huge library of V-Drums. I seldom use it though but it's nice to have it in my arsenal.

I misspoke. I believe is that it’s missing some of the supernatural acoustic sounds hence the sound difference between the Integra7 and the FA (6000 to 2000 from what I’ve read). Perhaps it was the RD2000 I got mixed up with.

PeZiK

30 Jan 2018

QVprod wrote:
30 Jan 2018
PeZiK wrote:
30 Jan 2018

I misspoke. I believe is that it’s missing some of the supernatural acoustic sounds hence the sound difference between the Integra7 and the FA (6000 to 2000 from what I’ve read). Perhaps it was the RD2000 I got mixed up with.
No wookies, it's hard to remember all this technical mumbo-jumbo :ugeek: :thumbs_up:

skie

31 Jan 2018

FrankJaeger wrote:
30 Dec 2017
Does anyone else here own omnisphere 2? I just recently purchased and installed it and I honestly must be missing something. The sounds aren't bad at all but they just seem so ordinary. I read tons of reviews raving about how unique it is and how powerful it is and how people were utterly blown away, but I'm just not that convinced...

Granted, I haven't been through every patch but what I have been through is really nothing special. I spent almost $500 and feel like I've been totally jipped.

The same goes for Komplete 11 which was also nearly $500. I just want to get some honest feedback because I feel like I could have bought a slew of REs with superior sound quality, much better factory patches and better utilization of my single core i7 CPU.

EDIT: I make Hip Hop/Trap beats and full songs in Reason alone.
Not sure what kind of music you're into but Southside, one of the original 808 Mafia guys, uses it almost exclusively. Check out his Periscope or there's tons of vids on youtube of him making beats with Omnisphere (not sure which version). I thinks it's totally inspiring.

kimothebeatmaker

31 Jan 2018

Omnisphere is good komplete is good. I like Kontakt third party libraries and massive is good synth. Battery is capable drum machine and I like reaktor and third party presets.

Omnisphere is interesting and fun. You can also invent your own sounds. Both are good give time and they’ll grow on you
"Cocaine and Prostitutes"

• Information