Anyone else kinda wish we didn't get VST support?

Discuss VST stuff here!
jlgrimes

05 Aug 2017

One thing I realized with VST is actually how Phat Thor and even Subtractor can sound.

I did a comparison against Massive and Thor sounds bigger doing a simple filter sweep with Resonance and a saw wave.

Oquasec

05 Aug 2017

Well, I'm gonna have to say this. The tools these companies make aren't garbage.
The user dials in the sounds.
Last edited by Oquasec on 05 Aug 2017, edited 2 times in total.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

AttenuationHz

05 Aug 2017

boomer wrote:
05 Aug 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
05 Aug 2017

I would love to have reason be like ProTools and iv'e said that before there is many things PT does extremely well but Reason is about 12 versions behind it to even coming close to being like it.
Can you please list a few? I guess I don't know what I'm missing.
Where do I begin?

For starters marker system, track comments, fades, bus system, channel grouping, Mute/Solo safe, The entire import system, Video playback, Destructive/Loop/Punch In record modes, Show/hide channels/groups, Regions especially midi regions. Vertical zoom on waveform and track sizes, Being able to control the mix from both the mix and sequencer window. Real time audio processing (bounce in place, kind of but does it bounce channel inserts?) Ruler system bars:beats/samples/min:secs and nudging to these values respectively as well as note. I/O + bus renaming, Mixer views (narrow, wide), The entire new project structure (saved to folders) with all settings saved for the project in the folders along with the project file, Revert to saved. Score editing. There is many many more but off the top of my head that's what comes to mind.

All of these are basic functions that should be universal in any DAW and are! Most if not all of this stuff should have been added before VST implementation and quite a lot of it is sequencer related. Don't get me wrong the pro's of Reason far out way the cons even without VST support. I'd still be using ProTools myself if Hyper Threading was added in an 8.5 version! I'm still debating weather or not to ReWire just to get to use a sequencer with these functions! But I have hope yet, that they may be added or at least a version of them will be added to Reason in the near future.

Rack window not much improvements to be had (↓↓↓), Mixer some improvements could be made, Sequencer room for a lot of improvements!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information