Announcing Reason 13

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
selig
RE Developer

04 May 2024

Pepin wrote:
04 May 2024
selig wrote:
04 May 2024
Plus we get back the old behavior of being able to browse through multiple patches, change our mind and then just hit "cancel" to go back to the original patch/setting (including any modifications made but not previously saved).
I wouldn't necessarily count on this.
I wouldn’t necessarily count it out either… ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

turn2on
RE Developer

04 May 2024

as I remember, Published, is a version that was been blocked to edit. Popular in early versions, like song only for play, before they release Record with audio recording. May be this coming from ReBirth time, when was been popular to share and listen users-RB projects.
Does I right remember that as example demo song "realiser" was been available in .rps?
May be just time of this ideology is outdated to share song projects in published version. But add "Song informations" is still available to add any info. Many songs can include huge self-contain content and this option just can be un popular anymore.

About Midi. I remember in first versions RS publish on site 3rd part utilities "software addons". One of them was been strange utility app with Rack-style midi devices, and as remember it use ReBirth input machine device, to run and sync this app. Nobody have info? Was been removed fastly. Cant find it by web-archive time--machine site

RobBarnett

04 May 2024

"Europa gets a power up, spectral filter and more modulation options"
"updates to Grain"
"comp lanes"

Mataya

04 May 2024

selig wrote:
04 May 2024
Mataya wrote:
04 May 2024
I remember how they had an option in reason to save a song as "normal" or as "published" song...you couldn't do much on a published song. Seems like someone at prop's saved a code as "published" and now they can only do so much with it. I don't know man.

M
There is no such thing as saving code as "published", plus there is no relation between a feature from Reason and the software used to write the code for Reason.

You are correct on your last point. Moving on…
I guess I will need to put in big letters I AM JOKING in my future posts.
You're right, moving on.

M

Liimusic

04 May 2024

RobBarnett wrote:
04 May 2024
"updates to Grain"
"comp lanes"
He mentioned comp lanes. Does that mean we finally get audio lanes like MIDI lanes? That would be sick! Especially for vocal recording. :o

Loque

04 May 2024

Liimusic wrote:
04 May 2024
RobBarnett wrote:
04 May 2024
"updates to Grain"
"comp lanes"
He mentioned comp lanes. Does that mean we finally get audio lanes like MIDI lanes? That would be sick! Especially for vocal recording. :o
I think this guy just has no idea what he is talking about...
Reason12, Win10

Chi-Individual

04 May 2024

RobBarnett wrote:
04 May 2024
"updates to Grain"
"comp lanes"
He mentioned Grain while showing Mimic. I wonder was that a slip in editing, slip in words, or are both getting an update? I love for Mimic yo have 16slots and or banks.

Liimusic

04 May 2024

Chi-Individual wrote:
04 May 2024
RobBarnett wrote:
04 May 2024
"updates to Grain"
"comp lanes"
He mentioned Grain while showing Mimic. I wonder was that a slip in editing, slip in words, or are both getting an update? I love for Mimic yo have 16slots and or banks.
and he don't mention the new Rack's. :?
I love for Mimic to sync with the project BPM.

Jabba Bakes

04 May 2024

I've been sitting here on reason 12 editing vocals and guitar for an hour or so and I have to say, it's so strange that there is no marker lane in reason.

raveled
Competition Winner

04 May 2024

Will we see ritardando and/or accelerando in the new sequencer tool options? Fingers crossed! Automating tempo is just painful.

Creativemind

04 May 2024

Liimusic wrote:
04 May 2024
I still wonder why the pianoroll doesn't get a graphic refresher. How can they make such beautiful racks but hesitate to make the piano roll a little prettier?
Thought that for years, something like the Korg M1 piano graphic would be good but obviously the right way round.

Attachments
f72f53c896d364531ee9821a696ff5a9_pluginboutique_800x455_100.jpg
f72f53c896d364531ee9821a696ff5a9_pluginboutique_800x455_100.jpg (94.57 KiB) Viewed 1253 times
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

04 May 2024

Liimusic wrote:
04 May 2024
Mataya wrote:
04 May 2024

Because they lost the original code and for years now, they can only move things around, change colors and fonts maybe and obviously add things, but they can't change things in the original code.
I'm ok with just adding thing, so please add vst midi out.

Tx
M
are this facts? :lol:
how can they lose something when its written in the software?
That's what I thought, did it somehow become invisible lol!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

joeyluck

04 May 2024

Loque wrote:
04 May 2024
Liimusic wrote:
04 May 2024

I think this guy just has no idea what he is talking about...
Yeah this sounds all wrong, like he asked AI what is new in Reason and was told new features from updates ages ago

dusan.cani

04 May 2024

selig wrote:
04 May 2024
Plus we get back the old behavior of being able to browse through multiple patches, change our mind and then just hit "cancel" to go back to the original patch/setting (including any modifications made but not previously saved).
This is possible in current sidebar style browser:

1) Create device
2) Press "Browser patch" button
3) Select some patch
4) Click on "Clear Browse Focus" X symbol to confirm your patch selection
5) Make some adjustments to the patch
6) Press "Browser patch" button to try another patches and tweak them
7) Click on "Revert" button to load the original patch you confirmed earlier

Essentially, the "Clear Browse Focus" X button and "Revert" button work as "OK" and "Cancel" buttons on previous old floating browser window.

revert.png
revert.png (129.47 KiB) Viewed 1147 times
Last edited by dusan.cani on 04 May 2024, edited 2 times in total.

deigm

04 May 2024

I think we can all agree that while yes, we want more (insert list of feature requests here), this update is a promising step in the right direction.

dusan.cani

04 May 2024

ChulaCoola wrote:
04 May 2024
dusan.cani wrote:
03 May 2024
Another example of workflow flaw which is unnoticed or ignored for years:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7509926

And solution / fix would be very easy, as discussed in the dedicated thread.

note-editing.jpg

dusan.cani - regarding the graphic accessing the second note behind the 1st not: you can access all of them by simply drawing a square around them to drag or change them.
Yes, I can access the second note if I firstly deselect the first note by some other action like clicking outside of the note or by making drag selection with mouse. But the point here is to make this editing behaviour without any unnecessary intermediate steps so it would behave as fast as possible in most simple way. These intermediate editing steps make editing workflow slower, uncomfortable and unintuitive, it doesn't make sense to have it working this way if it could work through fast, intuitive and simple way as showed in that attached GIF.

selig
RE Developer

04 May 2024

Mataya wrote:
04 May 2024
selig wrote:
04 May 2024

There is no such thing as saving code as "published", plus there is no relation between a feature from Reason and the software used to write the code for Reason.

You are correct on your last point. Moving on…
I guess I will need to put in big letters I AM JOKING in my future posts.
You're right, moving on.

M
“/s” is always helpful, if that’s what you’re talking about.
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

04 May 2024

I get all that, and stand by my post.
That feature (Revert) was added during testing because of everyone missing the former functionality. So now instead of having to remember “Clear Browse Focus” = “OK”, you just click OK.
dusan.cani wrote:
04 May 2024
selig wrote:
04 May 2024
This is possible in current sidebar style browser:

1) Create device
2) Press "Browser patch" button
3) Select some patch
4) Click on "Clear Browse Focus" X symbol to confirm your patch selection
5) Make some adjustments to the patch
6) Press "Browser patch" button to try another patches and tweak them
7) Click on "Revert" button to load the original patch you confirmed earlier

Essentially, the "Clear Browse Focus" X button and "Revert" button work as "OK" and "Cancel" buttons on previous old floating browser window.

revert.png
Selig Audio, LLC

Billy+

04 May 2024

MattiasHG wrote:
02 May 2024
Here it is, we just announced Reason 13!

Check out what's new here: https://www.reasonstudios.com/new-in-13
And read my customary blog post here: https://www.reasonstudios.com/news/post ... ct-manager

We'll share more info and content leading up to the release on June 18th. Make sure you sign up for the beta too, while you're at it. We really appreciate the help testing this!
any chance of vst midi support in R13 ?

deeplink
Competition Winner

04 May 2024

RobBarnett wrote:
04 May 2024
"updates to Grain"
"comp lanes"
Lol this is actually a really popular YouTuber and it's clear he has no idea what he is talking about
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

jaeproduced

04 May 2024

Some of us probably shouldn't be getting to excited because we don't even know what the minimum requirements are to even update to Reason 13 are going to be. I'm still running 10.15.7 Catalina on a 2012 Macbook Pro which I don't intend on upgrading anytime soon. So just think about that before some of you get to excited....Just a heads up

parma

04 May 2024

jaeproduced wrote:
04 May 2024
Some of us probably shouldn't be getting to excited because we don't even know what the minimum requirements are to even update to Reason 13 are going to be. I'm still running 10.15.7 Catalina on a 2012 Macbook Pro which I don't intend on upgrading anytime soon. So just think about that before some of you get to excited....Just a heads up
Yeah, that's why I asked Matthias for the system requirements. I'm guessing my 10.13 2012 Mac Pro is going to be left behind. I guess I can't be too mad - that's a pretty good run. But man, I have everything the way I like it and I don't really want to upgrade. I know, nobody is forcing me to...

robussc

04 May 2024

jaeproduced wrote:
04 May 2024
I finally had to abandon a 2009 27” iMac for an M1 Mac mini in order to upgrade to 12 and I have to say it was absolutely worth it. So fast and silent.
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

Reminiscence

05 May 2024

So, back to the topic, we can assume that there's not a list of bug fixes coming in this new version from 12?

riemac

05 May 2024

deeplink wrote:
04 May 2024
RobBarnett wrote:
04 May 2024
"updates to Grain"
"comp lanes"
Lol this is actually a really popular YouTuber and it's clear he has no idea what he is talking about
I doen‘t know if he is all wrong. At least I have heard from someone else that there is an update of Europa in Beta at the moment. I doen‘t know if this is true or fake?

• Information